Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Medicinal plants > 8. After the harvest

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2008, 08:21 PM

Smile

how many baked potatoes under that hat?
im guessing 2 king edwards, lmao im smashed took a look at that pic and i was laughing till my sides ached ,swear i got a damp spot
good on you fella's
Old 11-06-2008, 10:15 PM

Cool Hello Man

Hi Scorp,

Really looking forward to the day you post pics & a report from your Bubble run, thats going to be something real special

I had an 8 bag on order, 7 bag came (Bubblebags)

I use 5 bags max, 73u bag & below you will find creme tola

peace mate

MNS Wish List : NL#5Haze , G13Haze , MangoHaze IBL
Old 11-07-2008, 07:46 AM
Scorpion

Quote:
Originally Posted by redeye24/7 View Post
Hi Scorp,

Really looking forward to the day you post pics & a report from your Bubble run, thats going to be something real special

I had an 8 bag on order, 7 bag came (Bubblebags)

I use 5 bags max, 73u bag & below you will find creme tola

peace mate
thanks red, i tink sancho clause will get me some early...
Old 11-07-2008, 05:33 PM

i have the 8 bags kit in 1 gallon (don t make that much bubble at once) out of the 8 i only use 4 at max, and i get some nice bubble ... mostly with the 90, 73 & 25 + the work bag, you can process around 80grs of trims and/or buds, in two passes i get around 6.5 grams when dried up, can t wait to see some of ya pics
peace
jeffman
I believe the Cannabis Plant is sacred. I believe no authority on Earth has the right to prevent me from growing and using a plant that relieves my pain and brings me peace. The Herb is part of my religion.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:52 AM

Smile

went with ipa(didnt have the funds for bags ) ,bags prob off santa at chrimbo.
good on you bubble boys .
Old 12-04-2008, 06:07 PM

Hey Scorp,

I do 2-3 runs a year with a simple 3 bag set. Paid for itself the first run . I usually end up with 5-7g total in 2 different grades.....great and lock yourself in the basement lol. Don't know how much trim I use....whatever fits in the bag...2-3oz maybe. Let me know before you make a run......there's some simple procedural stuff that makes life easier that I've learned from experience. Trust me, it's a great investment and a nice change from smokin bud all the time.

COS
Old 12-05-2008, 12:25 PM
Administrator

just my 2 cents to this topic:

- the most important issue when extracting with water is the temperature. only below 4 degrees Celsius the resin will crystallize and detach from the plant material. No cold, no results

- this is a filtration process. while I understand the fancy need to have different bags, in theory with 2 filtration points the trick is done. One bag-filter at 150 microns to separate the plant material and one bag-filter at 45 microns to collect the frozen tricomes

- there is an interesting theory that says that essential oil (containing the terpenes that characterize the aromatic profile of a plant) are not captured by the filters of your bags and get flushed away in the waste water. Filtering with old style coffee filters (having 5 microns holes) will capture the essential oil, but you need to be patients as a full bucket of water might take more than 24 hours to filter...

L8r
admini
Old 12-05-2008, 11:09 PM

Hi all

nice thread

Hi admini

I see your point mate, but I would like to say that when working with sativa dom plants and esp with pure sats and you use the 45 micron bag as the last bag, this will make you lose a lot of trichomes , as many/most of them will be of a smaller size.

With Nevilles Haze or pure sats I ve grown, I got a fair amount of hash between 45 and 20microns and there are many trichs that pass through the 20m one.

With most ind/sat hybrids tho I find the best hash is found between the 45 and the 90 micron bags so it all depends with what plant you work.

Of course that doesnt mean that you need lots of bags to make good hash..
..but with more bags you can just make your hash more pure and get to keep only the mature trichs if you want.

One good thing to try is to use a coffee filter (~5microns) like you mentioned ,for the final bag, and see if that makes the hash more tasty but the thing is that usually you collect many contaminants.

By the way I agree that the temperature is crucial for good waterhash, always use as much ice as pos , and mix for only few minutes , anything over 10 minutes may result in lower quality hash. Also a wooden spoon for the mixing will give better quality hash compared to a cooking mixer , but the yields are lower.

PS for the most tasty hash , I think dry sieve kif process is the way to go in order to keep the water soluble terpenes. Tho with water hash its easier to get only the heads..

Last edited by L33t; 12-05-2008 at 11:51 PM.
Old 12-06-2008, 05:26 AM
Scorpion

thanks all for the response.
ordered the 5 gal. 4 bag set.
220/160/72/25
someone needs to manufacture a 5 gallon bucket lid, into a tapered top, with a 5 micron filter at the end. hang the bucket/screen/resin liquid
upside down,so the water will drain over a need amount of time.
remove filter screen,freeze solid,then peel off frozen heads...let dry then
maybe hand press? i guess if it is sticky.
I learn as I go
Old 12-07-2008, 03:04 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by L33t View Post
Hi admini

I see your point mate, but I would like to say that when working with sativa dom plants and esp with pure sats and you use the 45 micron bag as the last bag, this will make you lose a lot of trichomes , as many/most of them will be of a smaller size.

With Nevilles Haze or pure sats I ve grown, I got a fair amount of hash between 45 and 20microns and there are many trichs that pass through the 20m one.

PS for the most tasty hash , I think dry sieve kif process is the way to go in order to keep the water soluble terpenes. Tho with water hash its easier to get only the heads..
I agree on both points - just wrote 45micron as it was the usual smallest bag one could find on the market - no doubt that a 25m can work even better especially with sativas.

The old style kif extraction indeed keeps in the essential oil with the terpenoids (therefore the hash has a round taste that resembles much more the taste of its original plants). A good option is also to have a first kif extraction, then pass the rest of the material into a water hash extraction and eventually create you own final blend by mixing what you extracted with the 2 methods (of course you'll need to have the water hash dry first...).

Good thread indeed, always something good to learn here...

admini