Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Medicinal plants > 8. After the harvest

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2008, 08:20 PM
barletta

Default Barletta does bubble.

Well, someone asked fer it. The po-man's 1 grade ice-o-lator.

Here is what you need:
1 work and 1 catch bag. I clean the catch bag with alcohol eery 2-3 runs, but rarely clean the screen on the work bag. I feel that it will stop SOME of the larger crap from coming thru. Leaving the catch bag dirty makes the process take FOREVER. Both bags HAVE to be CLEAN. Rinsed thoroughly inside and out, or your hash will have shit in it.
Tweezers - to pull any 'contaminants' out.
Big cup o water - to rince the trichs into a lil scrapable pile
Credit card to scrape em
Multiple papertowels, used 1 at a time.
Bucket
1 Oz 'all' trim. I strip the fans, then everything else ends up together. Bigger leaves, sugar leaves, popcorn. I let get DRY AS FUKK.
Bathtub/slop sink/floor drain
Sumpin to stir with! Check it out, glad I didn't spend on the 'full tang' walmart cookware! Before I broke it, the plastic slotted spoon worked ok. A wooden spoon works well, stay away from metal, you aren't choppin, just stirrin.

-Once shit is all gathered and cleaned (um the bukkit??), place the catch bag in the bucket, and fill w/ ~2gal of the coldest water you got. Jugs from the fridge will help save ice. Sometimes, I put a 3gal bukkit in the fridge overnight. Not this time.
-Put the work bag inside of the catch bag. Get air out, and pull string to make em tight to the edge.

cont'd...
Old 10-13-2008, 08:21 PM
barletta

The water should sit ~4-6" up the bag. Add trim/buds.

Add ice. I stir first (no drilling) to get the trim wet.

Then I stir and give the occasional 'shot' to mix the slurry. I mix gently for ~5min for the first run.

Now I take the 'work bag out, and traet it like a teabag, letting it drain ~90% into the bucket.

cont'd...
Old 10-13-2008, 08:21 PM
barletta

Now that the work bag and slurry are out of the way, I pull the edges of the bag down the outsides of the bucket. This creates a lil vaccum inside the bukkit, and the water/hash will gather at the low spot on the catch screen.

Pour some water around the seams and sides of the catch screen (not so much, you don't want to fill ou the bukkit. 10-16 oz per 'run'.)

cont'd...
Old 10-13-2008, 08:23 PM
barletta

Hey look it's hash! Once you have rinsed the trichs into a lil pile, keep pulling down on the sides of the bag to help the water drain off of the screen. You will see it dripping. Once it stops, I scrape the trichs up, and slop em on a paper towel folded in 1/4's. If it has a 'fiber' and 'dimple' side, stay away from the 'fiber' side, as it will wanna stick in the hash. Then you have to roll it in and pretend like it's not there...

(man that thumb looks fukked up, been in and out of the socket a dozen times since I did it the first time ~10 yrs ago)

Now GENTLY, and with clean hands/wrists, push the catch bag back down into the water, and get the air out. Retighten the drawstring...

Put the work bag in, and tighten the string. Let her sit, you are gonna beat the hell out of it in an hour or so (as soon as you finish your lil tutorial...)

cont'd...
Old 10-13-2008, 08:27 PM
barletta

Ok, boom, you have a lil wet slop on a papertowel. Dry it. Fold the towel over and squeeze the shit outta it. I mean STEP on it. Now you have a lil hash spot that needs ~4hrs on the modem to dry, and ~2days in a jar to cure.

cont'd...
Old 10-13-2008, 08:30 PM
barletta

That is 'first run'. There is prolly 2x's that left, but the quality goes down with each run. The first run bubbles (with most strains/no mold) for the first 2-3 hits. Not like that friggin oil...

I have to wait for some everclear, but I'll do an oil tutorial too.

I just did the second run, and prolly 150% of first run, and the last will be ~as big as the first. If you smoke people up with first and second run hash, they will know you are a player. This quality hash is NOT available outside of small hippie/grower circles in the states. Be careful.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:44 PM
barletta

Hey I just smoked some of the bubble I made at least a week ago (was 'shake' from the bottom of the hash jar), and I am BLAZED. Can't smoke it everyday, or it looses it's effect. M/W/F I smoke bubble, Tu/Th I eat cookies...Big blunts on the weekends!!

and a
Old 10-13-2008, 09:36 PM

Nice1 barletta, making some kif tomorrow myself similar to you but without the ice and water, lol.