Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Medicinal plants > 8. After the harvest

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2014, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Mary View Post
G`day BDD

Turn it into concentrates .
10-15 % of dry weight . The resin glands are the active ingredient . If space is an issue . Hash it .

The best solution IMO. As noted, pressing ruptures resin glands; it'll never be top shelf this way. Compressing slightly while still supple but not wet lets you compress it slightly and even shape it to an extent. But I don't even do that now that I've been converted to a dry trimming guy.
Old 09-15-2014, 11:26 PM

I bought brick in uk 2 inch thick it was like wood ,smelt like it as well .bad bad stuff ,the local kids called it bus stop baccy. As they would be the only ones smoking it in bus shelters
Old 09-19-2014, 08:26 PM

bury that shit in the backyard like its a good bone!
Old 09-19-2014, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezy View Post
I'm sure it will impact potency. pressed flowers will destroy resin heads causing them to be damaged and lost. Also pressing dry would be difficult, and pressing wet would impact drying and curing. So taste and flavor would also be impacted from pressing. I have seen people buy storage Rubbermaid bins and store in those.
Well not what I've observed. like I said, I DO Press herb into jars and I see no loss of potency.
Old 09-19-2014, 11:43 PM

Default wooden box with a car jack press for a lid . . .

anyone heard of doing that?

build a wooden box, then assemble a lid that may be pressed with a car jack to compress? always heard to spray a little water onto the bud when doing that . . . i dont know cause i always just used glass jars and stored them in the box they came in.

scientifically speaking the pressure could cause some heat and degradation . . .
Old 09-20-2014, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shovelhandle View Post
Well not what I've observed. like I said, I DO Press herb into jars and I see no loss of potency.
if you were pressing it into the jars with the pressure being talked about you would have to break the jars to get at your weed, plus the jars would prolly break during the pressing
Old 09-20-2014, 10:37 AM

Yowser sez..if you were pressing it into the jars with the pressure being talked about you would have to break the jars to get at your weed, plus the jars would prolly break during the pressing

I merely said that I press as much cured herb into the jars to keep it fresh. No jars get broken. I don't need to break the jars to get the pot out. And I'm not advising using any devices to press pot into jars, that would be silly. It seemed that the OP just wanted to try bricks for whatever reason. When I commented on "how much do you smoke?" as someone needing to brick up weed for a head stash may be a heavy smoker I got told that was rude.

I agree, busting the trichomes may not be the best thing to do for a long storage situation but I've stuffed jars and smoked the pot for quite a while now and I don't see any difference in potency. My stash gets used up one way or the other within six months. I'm not a hoarder in the least. A minimalist maybe.

dead horse icon
Old 09-20-2014, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shovelhandle View Post
Yowser sez..if you were pressing it into the jars with the pressure being talked about you would have to break the jars to get at your weed, plus the jars would prolly break during the pressing

I merely said that I press as much cured herb into the jars to keep it fresh. No jars get broken. I don't need to break the jars to get the pot out. And I'm not advising using any devices to press pot into jars, that would be silly. It seemed that the OP just wanted to try bricks for whatever reason. When I commented on "how much do you smoke?" as someone needing to brick up weed for a head stash may be a heavy smoker I got told that was rude.

I agree, busting the trichomes may not be the best thing to do for a long storage situation but I've stuffed jars and smoked the pot for quite a while now and I don't see any difference in potency. My stash gets used up one way or the other within six months. I'm not a hoarder in the least. A minimalist maybe.

dead horse icon
i understand what you are saying, i just didnt figure you understood what the OP and others were saying, thats why i mentioned what i did

and yeah i think there was a miscommunication and over reaction to your "how much do you smoke" comment
Old 09-21-2014, 07:21 PM

Simply being straight up with someone and informing them that their comment struck you as rude is considered an over reaction? I don't think I'm the one with the "thin skin" here. lol

That's like asking "geez man how much do you drink?" "Geez man how much do you gamble?" "Geez how much pain medication do you need?" Or whatever. Those are just rude questions. And the added tone of surprise, when we're on a forum of growers and smokers alike, people generally around more weed than the average person, seemed to imply that I'm some how in excess or something. Maybe I'm just better at growing than I thought? Awesome! Not to mention that how much a person uses is just generally not anyone's business unless they choose to make it so or ask a dosage related question perhaps. Sorry if you don't like the fact that I thought it was rude but that's how it struck me.

Yes I know a lot gets lost in translation when only communicating by text. So I'm accounting for that. For sure I don't think any rudeness was intended. But you know, picturing someone make that comment to me in person, I can't say it would have struck me any different. I've explained myself simply so you know where I'm coming from. But you can be assured that I'm not harboring I'll will about it or losing any sleep over it. I forgot about it actually until I just came back and saw the last two posts. lol Plenty of rude things have come out of my mouth during my lifetime.

I was PM'd some useful information. Between that and some of the posts, I got the answers I was looking for.

Thank you.
Old 09-21-2014, 07:39 PM

PS

Given that most of the water is evaporated from the trichomes once dried, would they really burst per say if pressed?