Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Medicinal plants > 8. After the harvest

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2012, 12:55 PM
Breeder and moderator

Default Butane and CO2 extracts made recently from MNS crew

Hi All

recently some of the MNS crew have been experimenting with certain strains for extractions.

One of the best of our crew made something very special from a selected cloning mother of Crtical Haze.

I try to take a few photos for now and chat later...all the best sb

"Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner." -Lao Tzu

all the best,
Shantibaba
http://www.mrnice.nl
https://shop.mrnice.nl
Old 08-30-2012, 01:27 PM

Hi Shanti!

I firstly want to say it's so nice to have you "on board",with that i mean YOU take the time to be moore "online"with us members and share your thoughts an so forth...And now you have me very exited regarding this "Butane and CO2 extracts made recently from MNS crew".

So while the Monsoon is tearing on my ladys outside..i'm looking forward to those pics Shanti..

Have a good day Shanti and family.

Do everything in moderation,even moderation.God bless...//BLB51

Choose Positive
People,places,events just "are".
They have no meaning until YOU give them meaning.
You choose how to react to it and what it will mean to you.
Good,bad,beautiful,ugly,indiffrent.You choose.
Why choose negative when you can just as easily choose posistive?

Last edited by BadLowerBack51; 08-30-2012 at 01:29 PM.
Old 08-30-2012, 02:34 PM

Looking forward to those pics, so nice to have the board up
Old 08-30-2012, 10:11 PM
Breeder and moderator

Hi All

just made a few quick shots but pretty impressed with the purity and clarity of effect...would like to see or hear of others experiences with either or other processes. Butane purity was an issue as there are different quality butane on the market for various applications. My experience prior must have been with the more inferior butane gas as it left my taste buds strange...this on the contrary.

The CO2 extract is glass like brittle like candy...and intensely strong. First I saw of this processed product and it is something for pharmacy grade imo, like the butane as the % THC are off the scale.

All in all pretty happy with what we are playing with...think these methods for CBD extract would be outstanding with a multitude of applications. Gets you thinking if we can do this sort of product from small amounts of well grown flower stock plants and be able to do this day in day out....well surely there are new opportunities for work on the horizon!

All the best Sb

"Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner." -Lao Tzu

all the best,
Shantibaba
Old 08-31-2012, 05:13 AM

I've never made butane oil because of the possible health risks, but CO2 extraction sounds safer. It looks like you need a small lab to do it.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:19 AM
Breeder and moderator

Hi

well you certainly need a small lab type facility to make things properly and to clean things and evaporate off liquids etc...so it is not really wise for everyone to do it at home.

The effects are what interest me as i have found it to be almost a concentrate for making so many things like Dawn is suggesting. If plants that are tested for cannabinoid content were to be cloned and flowered there are new products just waiting to bubble over...

All the best sb

all the best,
Shantibaba
Old 08-31-2012, 07:29 PM

Default Oh yes

Hey Sb...

Nice pics... Looks super tastyy....

I've always wanted to do extractions using liquid co2 but for obvious reasons I have never had the chance...

How about some pictures of the equipment used??? That would be incredible to see the size and type of machinery necessary to accomplish such a feat...

I'm sure you have access to the purest lab grade butane there is... Most be nice.... Are you planning on trying different solvents as well such as pure hexane??? I believe that has always been the word that would be the best but not a lot of people have access to it or can afford it... Would certainly be interEsting to see what comes from different solvents and you would then have the possibility to mix your own solutions to optimize efficiency and purity...

Again I'm jealous sir... Thanks for sharing so we can atleast live vicariously through you... Quite the inspiration again...

As always thank you sir...

Have a good one...

OG
Old 08-31-2012, 11:12 PM

Thumbs up we used a 20L Buchi Rotary Evaporators

to remove the solvent from a Super Critical CO2 extraction of pharmaceuticals. (~25,000 USD)

We were using MeOH on the back end, but I wouldn't recommend that.

Does the CO2 extraction use Butane on the back end, or is that a trade secret?

The Brittle CO2 material looks much more like the pure dronabinol. It's completely clear until it air oxidizes, and then it gets dark like that. We were informed by the 'experts' that color may be removed by storing the material under vacuum to remove the oxygen.

In order to make it pliable we heated to 40 degrees Celsius.

Anyhow, that stuff looks RIGHT.

Old 09-19-2012, 06:19 PM

Here's a story from the past. When I was in college ('70's) we had a pretty adventurous group. We were growing strains obtained from Cali with unbelievable results (outdoors). One of the group was a grad student in chemistry doing research, he had access to the lab equipment and supplies. He would take the buds, grind them, bathe in a lab grade ethanol, filter, and then distill off the ethanol. The resulting product looked like grade A dark maple syrup. Some of the purest product I have ever seen. We called her "honey".

The plants we were growing were probably mostly sativa, high in THC. But the process, with the proper equipment and because of the distillation, seemed to capture all the essences.

I'm not sure what the heating or distillation process would have on CBD, as far as degradation is concerned, in regards to topicals (it sure didn't effect the THC when smoked). It may help with oral administration.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:26 AM

www.buzznn.ca

I purchased the larger version (QUEEN BEE) of the HONEY BEE EXTRACTOR earlier this year and it works a treat to make BHO in a minute or two , unbelievably cheap , quick and simple process , no lab eqipment needed ,just the extractor and a couple of cans of purified butane (used to refill cigarette lighters) and a pyrex dish.

CHEERS

Last edited by ladera; 09-25-2012 at 01:22 AM. Reason: link not working