Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Medicinal plants > 7. Plants and plant extracts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2011, 11:21 PM

Default Rick Simpson Hemp Oil - [RSHO]

RSHO Dosage Information - Written by Rick Simpson
Hemp Oil Dosage Information - Written by Rick Simpson - YouTube

Cannabis Hemp Oil Making Tutorial Using Essential Oil Distiller.
Essential Cannabis Hemp Oil Making Tutorial Using Safe Countertop Distiller & FROZEN Alcohol - YouTube

MediWiet Oil simple version
Untitled

SC
Old 11-18-2011, 06:09 AM

Thumbs up Nice tutorial Colorado

What is the taste like? Is it easy to wash down with water?

I'm interested in how this compares to tinctures and edibles for medical uses beyond oncology.
Old 11-18-2011, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHHG View Post
What is the taste like? Is it easy to wash down with water?

I'm interested in how this compares to tinctures and edibles for medical uses beyond oncology.
I don't know about other medicinal uses for the oil beyond cancer treatment. The taste of the Simpson oil we made is very bitter esp. what was made from non-bud plant material. The 99% Isopropyl alcohol solvent we used for the extraction, or ethanol (Everclear) also, is less selective and dissolves more cholophyl from the plants than some other solvent choices, but the iso alcohol was easy to find, cheap, and ultimately works well to make an effective oil. A small spot of oil in the mouth has a strong numbing effect, and no, this oil does not easily wash down with water once you have a piece stuck in your mouth; you just wait for it to dissolve so it has its effect (I have tried it myself). Personally, I'd just fold the dose into some pudding or similar and swallow. I noticed as we were cleaning off some spoons that came in contact with the extremely sticky glue-like oil, that it could be freed after some exposure to olive oil. It might not be a bad idea to take along with butter, olive oil or some food containing comparable fats, yet I can testify I got the effect from just licking a tiny bit.

I think it's a safe assumption that the stomach or intestines absorb the THC however it arrives there but it's not water soluble at all. Our friend for whom we make the oil likes to re-heat it in a pan over another pan of boiling water and mix it 50/50 with butter for better taste. The first dose he took, he smeared a tiny bit of the plain oil onto a piece of bread and became so wasted that he was tripping and disabled for six hours (he's more used to it now after a month but still getting noticeably high). Using the isopropyl, its boiling point is about 180 F and the destruct temp. for THC is a lot higher. The solvent mix didn't have to be boiled (temp. 180F) very long for all the iso to boil off leaving just the oil. I am reasoning that the additional heat our friend applied to his oil to mix it with butter did no harm as the oil hadn't yet been heated anywhere close to the amount that the chart below indicates for THC destruction, so I believe there would have been quite a bit of room for more heating and decarboxylation from THCA to THC..

Last edited by donb; 11-18-2011 at 06:00 PM. Reason: revise a little
Old 11-22-2011, 07:21 PM

Talking Oil pill

I have been putting my oil into capsules to ease the swallowing process. Empty pill capsules are cheap and easy to find at a vitamin store. If your oil is more solid it can be shaped by hand to fit in the capsule or if it is more liquid then a syringe can be used to fill capsules. I have also learned that adding a small amount of coconut oil in the cooking process can add enough greasiness to make the oil easier to suck up into the syringe and squeeze out into the capsules. I try to add only enough coconut oil to be about 5% of the finished product. This is very hard to estimate before cooking and weighing, so I suggest starting with no more than one gram of coconut oil and hopefully you are making atleast 20 grams of oil at a time.

This coconut oil dilution technique is only supposed to male the oil easier to work with because the oil can be very sticky. Any dilution techniques should be taken into consideration with dosage amounts. I will post pictures later of my syringe to capsule methods.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:03 PM

Talking Ski and other

I wanted to cut and paste what I just put on the topical oil thread because it is relevant here. I am very interested in treating other ailments besides cancer and I don't want this thread to only be about cancer treatments.

Paste:I have diluted Phoenix tears/ alcohol extraction with hemp seed lotion and I think it works as well with other hand/body lotions. I try to make it about 5 - 10% oil. I have a patient that was told that his leg had to be amputated because of diabetes and this oil/lotion saved his leg. I have also given oil to a skin cancer patient and she put it on her skin at full strength- undiluted. Her skin started healing but it was a long slow and PAINFUL process.

I have been experimenting with spreading a diluted lotion mix all over my body.

If the oil gives your skin a burning sensation then that can be a normal sign for the healing process. My skin cancer
patient says that there must be some direct correlation between if the skin has cancer or possibly another ailment then it will make a burning sensation that doesn't happen on healthy skin. This is just some casual observation and I am not saying it is fact, just a theory that I am throwing out there.

I have a few discolorations of my skin near my eyes and mouth that I had examined by a dermatologist for skin cancer a few years ago. The Dr said it looked like sun damage but not cancer , but it could become cancer if i dont wear sunscreen? These areas of skin feel like they burn whenever exposed to sunlight, even indirect sunlight produces a burning sensation at times. When I put my diluted oil lotion on my face, I definitely feel some odd burning and tingling sensations in these spots. I will update this experiment as I notice any changes.

I also put this oil/lotion on a broken heel bone and the swelling reduction was noticeably beneficial with the first application and continued without anything to compare it to.

Last edited by Colorado; 11-22-2011 at 08:09 PM.
Old 11-23-2011, 12:51 AM

I just heard of a woman thats been taking the oil since august and just recently is experiencing some bad nausea, vommitting and diarreah. I havent heard yet if this is a new batch since august yet. Just wondering if there are circumstances that could cause these side effects or if simply anyone else has even heard of this happening with anyone else. She did say she was increasing doses when symptoms started and they havent reduced even when the dosage was lowered back to what was previously being taken. Im just thinking someone possibly messed up dissolving the solvent? But I have no idea.
Old 11-23-2011, 01:30 AM
coop

something like that has concerned me with this whole process for a while.

I'm not sure if there necessary is one solvent that is better then the other, but purity and cleanliness of the finally product should be paramount to anyone making this and offering it as treatment.

I know a few people that have been looking to get some PTO to use, and I would rather make it from them from them trying to source it from who knows where.

Also has anyone ever tested or seen lab results on PTO, i was talking to a friend last night who at this point may be his only option, and we where both very confused by dosage information etc. He's been a smoker for years, so he was wondering how eating oil wouldn't get you high, especially if its made like pto and decarboxlilated. If thc-a is more effective as a treatment, and non pyscoative then eating amber or an amber tincture tested by hplc for thc-a content would be a better route in my mind.
Old 11-23-2011, 01:58 AM

Exclamation Solvents

Having a good source for the oil is hard to find and beware of dangerous solvents and questionable chemicals. I did hear a rumor/story of someone getting sick from oil made from rubbing alcohol or isopropyl and there are way too many more dangerous solvents that I have never tried. That is why I spend the extra money for everclear and I have experimented with vodka with good results.

As far as test results, we also have to look at the CBDs and compare ratios for different ailments.

Last edited by Colorado; 11-23-2011 at 02:05 AM.
Old 11-23-2011, 02:21 AM

Default valuable info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado View Post
Having a good source for the oil is hard to find and beware of dangerous solvents and questionable chemicals. I did hear a rumor/story of someone getting sick from oil made from rubbing alcohol or isopropyl and there are way too many more dangerous solvents that I have never tried. That is why I spend the extra money for everclear and I have experimented with vodka with good results.

As far as test results, we also have to look at the CBDs and compare ratios for different ailments.
Thanks again for starting this thread. Are there any definite "donts" that would be beneficial to know. Even from as far back as growing the plants(ex. No chemical pesticides?)
Old 11-23-2011, 02:26 AM
coop

im not sure if pesticides would be that bad, if you did have to use chemicals, the best bet might be making kif or bubblehash first.

another thing you can do is a solvent test. take a bit on a glass dish and let it evaporate and see if there is any thing left behind.
Also check the msds sheets if you can, there are different grades or quality of naptha and acetone if you use those.