Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Medicinal plants > 7. Plants and plant extracts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2014, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavedweller View Post
I have is cleaning the final screen or filter. I have been using Everclear for that and it seems to work very well but what the heck am I supposed to do with the tincture?
Evaporate the tincture with a fan and you will be left with hash
Old 04-09-2014, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHHG View Post

If you grow your own you can make a month's worth of spray/tincture for a few dollars. I may try making some sativexxx.
So.Did ya ever make any aerosol tincture?I am very interested in making somethin like that myself..but I don't have the extra to waste if I make a mistake.LOL

I read a post by Gert in this thread that indicated it was more like smoking..I would really like that if it were possible to do. http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/37999-post16.html
Old 04-09-2014, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polli Nation View Post
So.Did ya ever make any aerosol tincture?I am very interested in making somethin like that myself..but I don't have the extra to waste if I make a mistake.LOL

I read a post by Gert in this thread that indicated it was more like smoking..I would really like that if it were possible to do. http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/37999-post16.html

No I never got around to that. I make/use Rick Simpson Oil capsules now instead of tinctures.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHHG View Post

No I never got around to that. I make/use Rick Simpson Oil capsules now instead of tinctures.
Ok.Thanks for the reply...

I'll keep a lookin.
Old 05-10-2014, 01:23 PM

Many thanks to HHHG and those who have contributed here.
Excellent clear instructions, which made the process easy to do.
I made a batch last night, and had the smallest of samples.
It really took me flying!

One question which I've not found an answer to: is the material that's left in the filter good for anything?

For those in the UK who like me don't have a nearby shop to source high proof alcohol, I found The Whisky Exchange.
They stock vodkas and rums that fit the bill, and did a good job both for service and vfm: The Whisky Exchange : Online Whisky Shop - Buy Single Malt Scotch Whisky, Whiskies of the World, Rare Whisky
Old 05-13-2014, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Bud View Post
is the material that's left in the filter good for anything?
No. That is just plant material that has had all the resin removed
Old 05-13-2014, 11:52 AM

Thanks again HHHG

Last edited by Banana Bud; 05-13-2014 at 11:52 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-28-2014, 06:35 AM

There are mainly 10 steps to make Cannabis Tincture, follow here:

1.) Grind your herb.

2.) De-carb your herb.(There are various methods of doing this, I personally put my herb in the oven at 300 degrees for 12 minutes. Google around to find a method best for you!)

3.) Mix herb and glycerin into seal-able glass jar.

4.) Shake until well-mixed.

5.) Fill crock-pot halfway with water and fold a washcloth into the bottom of the crock-pot.

6.) Put SEALED glass jar with your mixture in the crock-pot on top of the washcloth.

7.) Put lid on crock-pot and power on to the lowest setting.(If your crock-pot has a 'Warm' setting use that as opposed to 'Low'. DO NOT USE THE HIGH SETTING!)

8.)Let sit for 18-24 hours, taking it out to give it a vigorous shaking from time to time.(I personally try to shake it every 3 hours while I'm awake, and just leave it when I'm sleeping)

9.) Fold the cheese cloth over onto itself at least four times, and place it over the funnel. Strain your mixture into another glass jar and squeeze as much glycerin out of your mixture as you can.(BE CAREFUL - Glycerin is HOT when you take it out of the crock-pot. Let sit for at least 20 minutes before straining!)

10.) Fill up your eye dropper with the dark amber tincture you have strained from your mixture and medicate!

Last edited by fxginbcn; 10-28-2014 at 07:23 AM.
Old 11-06-2014, 08:01 AM

Default hemp seed oil tincture

Hi , Iv been using hempseed oil as a tincture and find that an ounce of cured bud to 200mls of hemp seed oil is good, although starting at a quarter first may be useful as a light medication daily. Its vegan and healthy. and for those who may need to stay free from alcohol its good. A teaspoon for breakfast is nice. Sometimes I just use a spray bottle and administer a couple of sprays. I find it soothing and helpful. The remaining squeezed buds can be dried and put into baking . I find that regular use is a healthy healing alternative, and very contemplative. I have also used pure alcohol in a small amount to extract medication then added this to hempseed oil and this is more psychactive as is decomboxylating it first.