Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Medicinal plants > 7. Plants and plant extracts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2014, 11:32 AM

heat is used to decarboxylate the cannabis. then the thc-a becomes thc. then it becomes medicine. then it can bind to your cb1 and cb2 receptors.

terpenes are lost in this process.... so once the oil is made, terpenes are added back

bless up

Old 01-17-2014, 03:30 PM

I never decarboxylate for tincture. I do not wanne be stoned or high from it.
My tinctures are tested @ Bedrocan HPLC, de cannabis I use is cured for a long time and from outside. And there was enough THC and CBD in it and not only THCA and CBDA.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg b1.jpg (115.0 KB, 13 views)
Old 01-17-2014, 10:35 PM

the charts only show total thc, not thc-a, and thc.

my question is, as i asked in another thread is...

why go thru the dangers costs supplies time etc... needed to make oil, why not just juice it?

at least any info ive ever come across for making oil involves decarbing the oil at some point. when people want to consume cannabinoids without the high they juice.

though i suppose with your oil it would be a great compliment as a suppository for those on a juicing regimen

LEAF [ The Health Benefits of Juicing Raw Cannabis ] - YouTube

not trying to hate, just trying to understand. hope knowledge is exchanged

bless up

Old 01-18-2014, 10:42 AM

Raw cannabis juice is not working for me. Only cured cannabis. That s why I make tincture and a little bit of AHO, works perfecty for me and others overhere.

Next time I finish the tincture I show you. 60 days I keep it in the bottle and shake it allmost every day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 00.jpg (136.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 0.jpg (190.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg o1.jpg (325.7 KB, 7 views)
Old 01-18-2014, 04:51 PM

Default excessive cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHHG View Post
The best oil to use is virgin coconut oil. It has the highest fat content so it absorbs the most cannabinoids from the herb, up to 50% more than butter. It needs to be simmered in water for 6 hours, drained through a cheesecloth and metal coffee filter, then put in the fridge until the oil hardens. After that remove the oil and scrape off the bottom sludge and it's ready to be stored in a jar. Leave the jar open for a day to make sure all moisture is evaporated. It can be stored for months at room temperature and is great for the skin or eating. Coconut oil also works best for filling capsules.
The coconut oil in this recipe sounds great and I essentially follow the same procedure to make my edible oil. The 6 hours simmering seems longer than necessary though. I used to use .5 hours simmering with good effect but have found a chart which suggests even the half hour is too long. I will find the chart and post it up.
Old 01-18-2014, 05:03 PM

Default chart

This chart shows that spikes in conversion happens quickly at specific points on the scale. For myself, I am wary that the product will degrade if cooked longer than .5 hour.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:11 PM

In the early days when we used to make brownies, we just ground up the bud, mixed it in the batter and baked according to the package instructions. They were probably baked for 25-30 minutes at 350* F (175* C). The cannabinoids must have been decarboxylated as they were plenty potent.

Thinking about it, even though they baked for 30 minutes the temp of the batter was room temperature at starting point so the time at higher temps was even shorter.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betterhaff View Post
In the early days when we used to make brownies, we just ground up the bud, mixed it in the batter and baked according to the package instructions. They were probably baked for 25-30 minutes at 350* F (175* C). The cannabinoids must have been decarboxylated as they were plenty potent.

Thinking about it, even though they baked for 30 minutes the temp of the batter was room temperature at starting point so the time at higher temps was even shorter.
Of course the weed was likely decarboxylated by being left out in the sun and/or crushed into a bail wet... . so there is that.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantManBee View Post
Of course the weed was likely decarboxylated by being left out in the sun and/or crushed into a bail wet... . so there is that.
Decarbed? I could believe degraded. Yes, most of them were made with brick but we also made them with bud that was not compressed. I could see where bails in a shipping container or what not could get baked but I donít think just sun exposure would decarb.
Old 01-31-2014, 04:22 AM

Location: I live where the dolphins jump, the whales blow, the lobsters crawl and fresh tuna jump into ur boat

Hey Friends:

I hope I'm not in over my head here, since the contributions to this thread are somewhat over my experience level, however I hope that one of you can recommend a solution for my issue. I have had a record harvest and being an old fart, have never, until this year, made anything out of my trimmings or defoliate leaves other than compost. All of a sudden I discovered how easy it is to make bubble hash and have an huge amount of it. The problem I have is cleaning the final screen or filter. I have been using Everclear for that and it seems to work very well but what the heck am I supposed to do with the tincture? Can anyone please advise me on this issue Thank you...and if you prefer to not clutter up this thread with rookie questions, I welcome you to to PM me.

Thanks!! CD