Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Medicinal plants > 7. Plants and plant extracts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2016, 02:14 AM

Default Home CBD and thc test kit

Hey everyone,
I will be delving in to the search with the high CBD strains however my states medical doesn't start for another year. I want to make sure I can test each sample and plan on going through roughly 4 packs of five. Is there a accurate yet economical test for A person trying to tailor fit their own medicine
Old 12-08-2016, 05:30 AM

CBD and THC test kits are available. They are not cheap though. Here is one that was tested online to be similar to lab tests. They sell both THC and CBD test kits for $30-50, and each one can run 3 tests:

Shop - CBScientific

High Times did a review of these test kits here (they say there that they are $15 each):

High Buy: CBscientific Personal Analytics THC and CBD Test Kit – High Times
Old 12-08-2016, 07:45 AM

Even if you are in a non-med state, I would assume that it would be easy enough to send a sample by mail to a med-state with a lab and have it analyzed by them.

It would probably be more accurate and also cheaper. At least last I heard they offer lab tests for as low as 30 bucks over there.

Here in the EU the only lab you can send samples in to get tested is Canna in spain.
And while I find it amazing that even in the non-legal or sort-of-legal environment in EU, it is possible to send in samples by mail and get accurate test-results, the price is ridiculous...
A basic analysis costs 60 bucks and if you want to have your terps analyzed you get to 120. Wanna check for molds, spores, pathogens? Add another 60.
I think they make a "discounted offer" of about 170 or something for the "all-in analysis".

At these prices, you could only ever send something in when you already know it is special.
And even then, you have to get over the hurdle that Canna doesn't do business with private entities but you need a company they can bill.
They did say their billing would be discrete though and just say "lab testing". Still the company issuing the bill is called Canna so I don't know how smart it would be to use their service from a non-legal country.
Maybe if you are in Spain or Italy their service makes sense.

To me their "offer" was so off-putting (especially considering that they claim to run their "service" as a non-profit, for science and not as a company turning a profit...) that I actually looked into procuring the necessary lab-equipment to run tests myself at home. But that would go into the 10 thousands as an investment.
Tried to look into old and used lab equipment from old labs but was told that even if I find suitable equipment, nobody could guarantee me compatibility between the parts and that they would still give accurate results/readings.

It's really a bit of a dead-end and those amateur-hour home-testing kits are really our only option here. And even then we gotta import them from the US, still very expensive...

So if I was in the US, med or non-med state, I would send in samples and have them analyzed by labs in Colorado or wherever.

Last edited by Broseidon; 12-08-2016 at 07:47 AM.
Old 12-08-2016, 08:58 AM

Try a lab called Ananda Labs in Madrid.

They do cbd thc ratio testing cheaper than cannabinoid mapping...

Old 12-08-2016, 01:40 PM

Ooooh, nice info Bro!
Will check them out!
Old 12-08-2016, 04:10 PM

My 2$:

Try out the Cb test kit Curious101.

Here in CO you have to be a licensed cultivator or distributor to gain access to lab testing. It's a major joke and it sucks big time. I've heard other states are looking at the same option.

I'd love to know how well the CBscientific kit works..... I'm considering buying a boat load of them early next year so that I can put data to my pain relief search.

I wish you luck on your CBD search!

Jake

Stay Hazed,
Jake
Old 12-10-2016, 06:53 AM

Well, it is not legal to send weed across state lines in the US. Also, as far as I know, all labs here in the states will only test for people in state with licenses to grow medical or rec weed. And the testing labs that I know of here charge $40 for a complete cannabinol panel test. In Oregon there is a huge backlog for testing as well.

I can find out the name and location of a lab in Colombia that is doing DNA, terpine and cannabinol % testing if anyone is interested. I have no idea what they charge though.

Last edited by Big Sur; 12-10-2016 at 07:24 AM.
Old 12-10-2016, 07:21 AM

Also, for $700 USD, you can buy a higher grade tester that tests for cannabinoids and over 20 different terpenes. See it here:

https://www.cdxlife.com/

For $100 USD you can get a full lab test kit for 20 THC/CBD tests here:

THC Test Kits

Seedman recommends the Alpha-Cat test kit, but it is more expensive. The Alpha-Cat tests for THC CBG CBN CBD Acids and more. Order it here:

THC Test kit - Cannabis Test Alpha-CAT

Last edited by Big Sur; 12-10-2016 at 07:23 AM.
Old 12-10-2016, 03:11 PM

what about your own test machine ?

determine the THC level of cannabis.
Old 12-10-2016, 10:22 PM

Sounds too good to be true. I'm pretty sure I read about those CDx testers being a scam.

They don't actually test your bud but reference it to a known strain and give those results.... Say my bud smells like GG#4, the tester will read out the results for gg#4, not results from my actual bud.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=278605

the german one Deran posted looks like a similar scam. Buyers beware

It also looks like from the cannalytics website that they only test for thc potency not cbd.