Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Medicinal plants > 7. Plants and plant extracts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2014, 06:35 AM

Hemphrey I took heed of what you said about time in the water .
I had been leaving the herb in the water for periods of time to get cold etc .

Got good yields, but strong dull hash . This time I pre froze the herb . 20 min mix and drained straight away .

More terpenes in this batch and more interesting high too .

The Devil is in the detail they say .
Old 07-11-2014, 05:13 PM

I made a batch of bubble, I prefer dry trimming and I like to use it for hashing also. I usually freeze for a few hours, then hydrate the trim by letting it sit in ice water for 10 mins. Then I do a spin cycle for 15 and drain water immediately into screens. Then slowly take up the bags. I got a 17 gram dried piece of hash off probably 250 grams of trim. It melts on my nail when I vap. Very oily and the most amazing smell.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140701_162824.jpg (820.0 KB, 149 views)
File Type: jpg 20140701_070241.jpg (661.0 KB, 6 views)
Old 07-11-2014, 10:28 PM

Nice to see you enjoying your crop Weezy .

But what`s goin on in this pic ?

Is that a rolled up piece of hash ? Or are you pressing it ?
Old 07-12-2014, 01:22 AM

This is called a frenchy cannoli it is water hash dried and the pressed with heat until thin then rolled for storage.
Old 07-12-2014, 03:51 AM

Righto . I crumble the bubble on some card board over night or as long as it takes to dry . Humid weather it takes longer .
Then put it in a turkey bag twist it down tight in a corner , and weigh it down in a cup of boiling water . Leave for 20 mins or so and remove . The block now sticks together . I like the block as the outer crust protects the core from oxidisation .
A sphere has the most protection against oxidisation . I don`t go to the effort of shaping it into a ball. A dice type block suits me .

I`ve watched some Frenchy Vids . A cool cat . He`s active over @ IC .
Old 07-19-2014, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vajra View Post
Hey HB,

I have been interested in getting some of the pocono screens to follow the sift wizard method. I don't really want to get more than I need. could you recommend the 2 or 3 screens you think would be the best for Haze hybrids?

Also, which size screen do you think is optimal?

thanks a lot
vajra
I got the 61 and the 98 screen size based on Dry Sift Wizard's recommendation. I put the 61 on top and the 98 below that one...everything falls onto the table top where I usually tape some parchment paper to help with recovery. I bought 4 screens in addition to the 61 and 98, but I'm mostly using the 98. If I got plants with smaller trichomes (like a thin leaved sativa or something like that), I'll use the 125 on the bottom of the stack of screens...

You really only need to two screens to get started though.

Mary Mary, I'm glad you tried it without soaking for too long. I literally start the clock the minute my material hits the ice and water. I do let the ice and water sit together for a little bit...or if the water is already pretty cold, I'll layer the bucket with ice and frozen bud...then fill it with water to the desired level. I'm not sure if you tried it yet, but if you use fresh frozen trim, you'll get even better results than if you used dried/cured/frozen material. That's just what I've found over the years.

I would also recommend not using cardboard to dry on. I mean, you can do it because the cardboard helps drying, but it also sucks away some of the terps, imho. If you haven't already, you might want to give parchment paper a try instead. It works pretty well...plus it makes it easier to collect once it's dried.

HB.
Old 09-06-2014, 11:30 PM

Have any of you guys made concentrates, I guess i wan't to make it purely out of curiosity

isit a Fad that will good ?

concentrated shatter 95% thc, is it really necessary
Old 09-07-2014, 12:14 AM

Something like this... see picture below but it's takes money to make a quality product. Bubble hash is much cleaner with mire terps and taste then bho. But it can't still produce a nice product.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg imagejpeg_0.jpg (206.8 KB, 18 views)
Old 07-13-2017, 03:08 PM

I wanted to refresh topic and hopefully find some methods of making dry sift from both colas and trim.
I watched a few videos of hash making in napal or morraca,beating on a drum, and the colas werent dense but lookede more airy.
Im guessing airy buds would loose trichomes easier than huge dense colas??

Anyway anyone have any methods of dry sift and what mesh sizes are needed?

Rosin hash looks interesting.Anyone try rosin hash?
Rosin hash is made by heating and squeezing the matter and the outcome looks alot like bho.Ive only read about it.

Last edited by Indi; 07-13-2017 at 03:15 PM.
Old 07-13-2017, 06:22 PM
Digital

http://www.exkalapalatt.com/wp-conte...kalapalatt.pdf

That is a link to a PDF version of the book "Hashish!" by Robert Cornell Clarke, and it is everything you ever wanted to know about hash.

Also, the "Great Books of Hashish" volumes 1 and 2 are amazing, it is like going back in time and travelling the world sampling different kinds of hash. Truly a fun set of books to read......the way he describes Nepalese Temple Balls is my favorite =D

Personally, I like dry sift best.