Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 6. Breeders support and information

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2008, 11:20 AM

relay great looking,nice work
good luck
Old 06-05-2008, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goran View Post
relay great looking,nice work
good luck
heyas and thank you

just stopping in to note that a3 is still cooking along and not finished..... day 74 or so

peace

i mistakingly called this cultivar A5..it is A3
"The prestige of government has undoubtedly been lowered considerably by the prohibition law. For nothing is more destructive of respect for the government and the law of the land than passing laws which cannot be enforced. It is an open secret that the dangerous increase of crime in this country is closely connected with this."

Albert Einstein
"My First Impression of the U.S.A.", 1921

Last edited by Cannabis Indicated; 06-05-2008 at 05:58 PM. Reason: wrong pheno tag correct tag is A5
Old 06-06-2008, 08:32 AM
Breeder and moderator

Hi All

really happy to see this thread as the plants are pretty special especially with a little selection you will get a mum worth its weight in gold...green gold.

There was quite a few test growers of this strain and all seemed to have a great result. It would be great to get them all together on one thread but I got alot on at present. Would be interested to hear from as many Afhz x AS testers to hear their opinions and the ways they grew. So feel free to continue this post for that if you are one of those growers I talk about.
All the best Sb

"Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner." -Lao Tzu

all the best,
Shantibaba
http://www.mrnice.nl
https://shop.mrnice.nl
https://www.scivacorp.com
https://www.cbdcrew.org
https://www.instagram.com/mrniceseedbank/
Old 06-06-2008, 01:09 PM

Hi Shanti,
out of the 3 pheno's i grew, 2 of those were 100% keepers, i really wish i kept clones of those 2 pheno's, the 1 that finished the earliest (66 day pheno) had the most resin i've ever seen on a plant, seriously unbelievable amount of resin, even the stalks and branches had really thick layers/tracks of trichs running all up them, calyxs wer huge, stacked and kept there size really well after the drying period, bud structure looked identical to the AfghanHaze pics on the main home page, a dream to manicure with hardly any leaves, taste was awesome - spicy with musky tones in the background, reminds me of being in an old antique shop, after 5 months cure of this pheno the musky and spiciness in the taste is joined by a velvet chocolate/cream chocolate after taste, really smooth, the smell in the jars in the early stages of a cure is like the taste - musky, spicy but after a good cure it changes into what i can only describe as summer fruits juice, heavy hitter this pheno, seriously an overall powerhouse, this is why i wish i kept a clone of this pheno - it had everything in it i was looking for but just didn't know it at the time when growing her, i really hope to find this girl again in the future, definately a pheno to look out for if growing this cross

The 2nd keeper which finished at day 82 of flowering, grew identical to the other keeper all the way through early veg, veg stage, early flowering and when rubbing the main stalk they both smelled the same until they reached approx day 25 of flowering, then i started noticing slight height differences so i knew then i had different phenos, like the other pheno the bud production in early flowering grew at a normal rate then once it reaches around the day 25 of flowering mark it just goes up another gear, this pheno was a heavy feeder, once i got to around the day 40 mark i got a good feeling about this pheno, just the way it was growing, the way it was looking, i just had a good feeling for some reason or another. Production wise this pheno was real big, the size of the main cola was huge, and it wasn't airy so it just looked big, it was very dense, on the other pheno that had the most resin i've ever seen, this pheno had the biggest calyxs i've ever seen, if you've ever seen those chocolate sweets - Malteezers (sp?) there were calyxs like the size of 1 of those, like the other pheno this is a powerful smoke, where the other was more of a heavy type high, this 1 brought more of the sativa qualites to the fore-front, very motivational, happy type smoke, you stay very active while smoking this 1 - 100% keeper, wish i kept a clone

the other pheno looked and grew like a pure sativa, very tall pheno that needed to be trained to keep managable, very low odour strain when growing, not alot of side branches, the plant seemed to put alot or most of her energy into the main cola area, when i first tested the smell by rubbing a suger leaf when they first appeared i got a strong, electric lime haze aroma, i think it was Red i was talking to when i was growing it - i was saying i had to stop myself going back everytime to smell it, the aroma was almost theraputic (sp?), unfortunately i had to pull this girl down around the day 80 mark as i had to dismantle the grow room due to Christmas, trichs were only milk at most so i didn't get the chance to see the full potential of this pheno, i know this would of been a keeper if i could of ran her for another few weeks but unfortunately it wasn't to be
AfghanHaze x AfghanSkunk is definately 1 to look out for if it becomes available soon, i'm looking forward to whenever i get this chance to grow the special cross out again, i think the 3 pheno's i grew were only the tip of the iceberg, i can't wait to see what other gems are hidden in the mix

Peace
Herb
Old 06-07-2008, 04:55 PM
Breeder and moderator

Hi Herb

thanks for that great description of the 3 seeds . In my experience about 70% are ready before 75 days, the rest are more to the Haze side of things and can take 80-100 days, but all plants in this hybrid are excellent. The thing about this hybrid and one of the reason we are getting it into production is it blends together Haze, Afghan and Skunk which seems to be a very effective medicinal combination.If you like the heavy stoning CBD side of things the earlier pheno is the one to look out for. If you want to find something to be able to work with and still manage pain or depression it seems the 80-100 day pheno is the better option but whatever you are looking for you will get a good chance at finding it in this hybrid.

I have tested it alot and am now going to put it into production for seed. So it should be available soon...in 2-3 months maybe less if all goes well.

Thanks and if anyone else has something to add about their experience as a test grower it is always welcome.All the best Sb

"Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner." -Lao Tzu

all the best,
Shantibaba
http://www.mrnice.nl
https://shop.mrnice.nl
https://www.scivacorp.com
https://www.cbdcrew.org
https://www.instagram.com/mrniceseedbank/
Old 06-07-2008, 09:37 PM
Scorpion

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantibaba View Post
Hi All

really happy to see this thread as the plants are pretty special especially with a little selection you will get a mum worth its weight in gold...green gold.

There was quite a few test growers of this strain and all seemed to have a great result. It would be great to get them all together on one thread but I got alot on at present. Would be interested to hear from as many Afhz x AS testers to hear their opinions and the ways they grew. So feel free to continue this post for that if you are one of those growers I talk about.
All the best Sb
hi shanti
i have two of the afhz X afsk outdoors ,one smells a little chocolate to me ,
at times but not always,she is early outdoors,being set outside in may,she began a lite half hearted bloom,the other one did the same but not so much.
the first lady #2 is also very resinious too,so she got two great traits showing now ,and she still has all season to grow and flower.

Hey Shanti,what would you think as to finish times for AfHz X AfSk and of course the 10 SSH female seed plants with them?
also one of the SSH is very early like the AfHz x AfSk ,and heavily resinated for a pre flower plant.

ive made copies of all I want to keep,as a couple just do not like to root and are very troublesome cloners.

peace

s

Last edited by Scorpion; 06-09-2008 at 12:37 AM. Reason: add photo
Old 06-09-2008, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantibaba View Post
Hi All

All the best Sb
Thank you SB for the kind words...bro, but most of all thank you for the opportunity to handle these superior genetics and the privledge which is most welcomed by this grower and others.

these are so special and so different at the same time..
and i have yet to even delve into the moptop sister (a3)of the a4...so much more to come later on the sat pheno which i can only imagine what it is going to do to me.....
the a4 indica budded pheno is extremely vigorous. the first lass that i took at about 8 weeks was revegged and she started showing new growth in days and i am about to flip her. this one will have about 125-200 chutes or so to start..since she grows very thin and about a good foot or so shorter than the opposite pheno, i should be able to manage. remember the buds are tight to the stalk on this pheno and the ratio of leaf is so low that trimming takes about 2 mins at harvest ! hahah and you have a small pile of super frosty trim for the hash.
this bush though, is super leafy atm because it is a healthy reveg which is exploding and going into flower to take off to the heavens will post a pic real quick.
i have topped a couple of these and they love it. the moptop loves it too.
this afghani leaner though that i have here (a4) seems to be a fast finisher. i am going to see if it will go past 8 weeks. what is notable is although this pheno/cultivar will knock you back and lay you out if you smoke a ton of it eventually. it really takes alot of smoking to make this pheno affect the body with sluggishness. there is a good long period of real motivation and creativity that i am seeing now after smoking the daylights out of her. i can smoke an entire joint down and then relax in my seat until before i realize it i am organizing things and taking care of tasks that i had postponed. so there is the motivational aspect we love and the creativity is also showing up. the resin production is massive and when you smoke this in a joint it numbs your lips and tongue. the flavour is so sweet and limey and zesty. the aroma is also very fresh and clean and i don't have the skunky smell at all on this thought there is slight musk and lots fruity smells processing. there is a big difference in a 2 week old sample than a fresher one. a 3 month cure will be nice.
this is no ordinary smoke friends. you cannot just decide to go ahead and take a good toke and think your going to have a regular day. the subtleties are still unraveling on this fine herb of shantibaba's and the boys and i am simply scratching the surface. i did set me up with 12 cuts to flower so that i can get me a quick satchel to replace the one that is diminishing eheh. i have more to add...12 cuts to further the research muahahahah
"The prestige of government has undoubtedly been lowered considerably by the prohibition law. For nothing is more destructive of respect for the government and the law of the land than passing laws which cannot be enforced. It is an open secret that the dangerous increase of crime in this country is closely connected with this."

Albert Einstein
Old 06-09-2008, 06:49 PM

Default 77 daze haze

a3
this pheno is all sat and she means business
the main khola is about 3 foot from the tip back. think i will have enough herb for a week or 2?

quite the contrast - next to her is the a4

Albert Einstein
Old 06-10-2008, 03:48 PM

Default the rabbit hole

just gets deeper
just a post to acknowledge how i have only a small idea of how great this strain is. just took a swat from a regular glass spoon and well......it was undescribable
while my eyes were slamming shut and the driving noise in my ears was going off loudly my eyeballs started going around in circles mang! kinda like a guy reeling from a jab or an uppercut. this is the afghani leaning one now hehe peace

Albert Einstein

Last edited by Cannabis Indicated; 06-11-2008 at 11:01 PM.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:03 PM

Default day 80

for A3.... lowest odor i may have ever experienced. even now only when you are right on top of her does she smell a bit the bottom few chutes are close to ready, the heaviest kholas.
the top looks like it is ready to go another 2 weeks or so...from what i have gleaned there is no reason to take her early and every reason to let her go long. so long she goes...pics manana or so

Albert Einstein

Last edited by Cannabis Indicated; 06-12-2008 at 03:51 PM.