Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 6. Breeders support and information

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2011, 09:39 AM
Banned

It seems many are having a hard time finding the proper wire...

Just go here!! it's the best deal out there and is ready to go..
He's always treated me great!!
The price of silver wire has doubled since I bought 48" years ago..
And it's soon to more than double again...
You'd better get some soon ,,,12 gauge is outstanding for this application.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pure-Silver-Wire...item33649af0a1

Bushpig! hey I really appreciate the good word mate ,but that CS generator is a massive rip off!

Not to mention no way to get a key component into the mix,,,can you figure out what I am referring to??

A magnetic stir ??? really ?? who do these guys think they are?
That is so far from necessary I had to laugh! just another bunch of American con artists ripping off honest people..

And at a starting price of 200 bucks...

Sorry that dog don't hunt!

Last edited by Cabron; 01-31-2011 at 09:48 AM.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:31 AM

Hi Cabron,

Thanks for your quick reply & comments.

Yes I agree with you on this one, I was just interested on your feedback on that unit.

But if you factor in all the costs of the equipment you used what would it come to?

If one didn't have a meter do you think you could judge your solution by eye?

Yes I know you said that you wanted elevated O2 levels for an optimum result.

From your experience what would be an effective working range for a given solution? Min/Max ppm of CS?

Regards BP
Old 01-31-2011, 11:57 AM

I bought the same brand of CS Machine some years ago that you posted a link to Bushpig. I've been giving my plants some CS in their water whenever I get the urge too. Recently I did some searching on the net to see if I could find any info on how it works with plants. I found a few articles that I found interesting I can post here later. I'm not interested in using CS to feminize plants though I have been interested in silver for it's many applications especially the ones for health.

That brand of CS generator for me has been well worth the money. I searched quite a bit before I bought it and I have been happy with the choice since then. It has some good features. It has an automatic setting and a manual setting. Automatic will run for a number of hours and shut down. If you switch it into manual it will continue to get stronger and wont turn off until you kill the power. . Another feature is that if the water you place into it is not pure enough it will shut down. No chance to make shit batches.

I didn't bother with a magnetic stirrer I just bought the one with a light underneath. It does indeed move the water around.

I'll chase up those articles on the morrow.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:07 PM
Banned

Hey Pig..
I feel I 'm not too different than most here ,and I tend to keep things of
value and not toss them .

What this means is No,I'm not a hoarder but I do have boxes of components that I have accumulated over the years,,,and these same boxes have dozens of adaptors that belonged to electrical devices over the years.

Most of these fall within the range of acceptable for a good DC power supply adaptor for making CS.

As long as it's 9 vdc down to 6 vdc and 800 MA or less to a minimal of 300
then they are great!

So They are free...if you need to buy one they can be had on Ebay or damned near anywhere for next to nothing!

Most here already have aquarium airpumps and stones etc...from experimenting with hydro at one point.

And if you don't, then again ,,,very cheap!

It's getting to be the wire is the most expensive component now as the price of silver is heading to the stars..

But if you look at the basic requirements there's really nothing to it!
Just maintain the values or parameters I have laid out with regards to voltage,MA and O2 ...duration from 6-8 hours is always plenty.

No need ever for any fancy gizmo that somebody is charging a fortune for.

The concept and practice is straight forward and not complex.

I have found and mentioned elsewhere that if you do not have a meter to measure PPM it's not a problem.

Simply start with pure water or distilled.
Insert your airstone , turn it on
insert two electrodes maintaining 2" or less gap
energize them for 6-8 hours cleaning the electrodes as soon as they
darken on regular intervals.
You will be guaranteed to have at least 30 ppm + of high quality
silver colloids in a gallon in that time frame.

The water will be the hue or condition that I have shown as long as
you have supplied the proper voltage and ma as well.

No need to worry ,I've already done all the testing..

30-40 ppm is ideal for quality colloids and is a target for you to aim for
when making it,actually once you reach that point it is a burden to get it higher.

20 ppm would be what I would consider a minimal for any attempt at delivering an adequate amount past the dermal layer.

The beauty of plants is they don't create the ethylene in any one location but it's actually created throughout the plant and is diffuse..

Usually found in the apoplast and which is everywhere on a plant tissue and also carried in sieve tubes that deliver sugars .

So your CS foliar spray has an incredible chance of actual contact as long as it's a high quality with no interfering dissolved solids other than the silver particles in your solution.

Take Care
Old 01-31-2011, 12:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
I bought the same brand of CS Machine some years ago that you posted a link to Bushpig. I've been giving my plants some CS in their water whenever I get the urge too. Recently I did some searching on the net to see if I could find any info on how it works with plants. I found a few articles that I found interesting I can post here later. I'm not interested in using CS to feminize plants though I have been interested in silver for it's many applications especially the ones for health.

That brand of CS generator for me has been well worth the money. I searched quite a bit before I bought it and I have been happy with the choice since then. It has some good features. It has an automatic setting and a manual setting. Automatic will run for a number of hours and shut down. If you switch it into manual it will continue to get stronger and wont turn off until you kill the power. . Another feature is that if the water you place into it is not pure enough it will shut down. No chance to make shit batches.

I didn't bother with a magnetic stirrer I just bought the one with a light underneath. It does indeed move the water around.

I'll chase up those articles on the morrow.

I hope I didn't insult you after seeing you actually paid that much for the unit!

Not my intention friend..

I just speak my mind a bit...sometimes too openly

The fact that you are intelligent enough to be taking care of your health with a proven method and not worried about the dumbed down society that will ridicule you for a wise approach to health speaks volumes about you.

And to keep you healthy then 200 dollars is a piss in the pot!
Old 01-31-2011, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabron View Post
Hey Pig..

The beauty of plants is they don't create the ethylene in any one location but it's actually created throughout the plant and is diffuse..

Usually found in the apoplast and which is everywhere on a plant tissue and also carried in sieve tubes that deliver sugars .

So your CS foliar spray has an incredible chance of actual contact as long as it's a high quality with no interfering dissolved solids other than the silver particles in your solution.

Take Care
So since the ethylene is in all plant tissues (and can travel between tissues? Not sure I understood if that's what you are saying or not...) then this is a method that's more effective when you spray the entire plant as opposed to say one branch? I can see why a person might want to make more than a few ounces at a time... even though I'm going to do only 1 or 2 small rooted cuttings, we're still talking total plant spraying daily for several weeks, and I guess I _could_ try drinking the stuff...

There's no chance that if you drink too much CS you start looking like the Tin Man in the Wizard of Oz, is there? I keep thinking of those health nuts who would OD on carrot juice and end up looking like a tangerine.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabron View Post
I hope I didn't insult you after seeing you actually paid that much for the unit!

Not my intention friend..

I just speak my mind a bit...sometimes too openly

The fact that you are intelligent enough to be taking care of your health with a proven method and not worried about the dumbed down society that will ridicule you for a wise approach to health speaks volumes about you.

And to keep you healthy then 200 dollars is a piss in the pot!
Hi Cabron,
Thankyou for your kinds words mate. No offence was taken, no worries at all. I really appreciate the do it yourself attitude, so I tip my hat to you. If I was in Thailand maybe I would salute you haha. Unfortunately, the words dumbed downed society and ill health fit like a glove. I can get very long winded on this topic but why, you know what the fucks going on. We're living in the twilight zone. Amazing how much the human mind and spirit has been herded though. People will think your a tinfoil hat wearer if you start talking about things as they really are, even your own family. Or you may get the, your being negative come your way. I'm pretty use to it anyway. I do feel a world without psychos in control is coming though, try as hard as they may.

Thankyou for travelling this detour now this way will take you back to the thread.

All the best Cab

C

Last edited by Cernunnos; 01-31-2011 at 01:06 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:12 PM

This is the best article I've found thus far. The other links I had saved the info was much more general. Some of you may find some of this of interest.

COLLOIDAL SILVER AND PLANT VITALITY

Plants, like animals are harassed by pathogens such as bacteria and viruses and also parasites, such as fungi, grubs and sap suckers, not to mention they are food to many insects and their offspring. There are thousands of inexpensive but dangerous chemical pesticides and repellents, expensive natural plant oils and other treatments but the one shining light to plant vitality is extremely low cost ionic colloidal silver.

Home use ionic silver generators can produce ionic silver for as little as 80 cents a gallon, while commercial horticultural production equipment make it for as little as 5 cents a gallon. It is thus not only very economical, effective and safe but also ecologically Green!

What is colloidal silver? By definition it is tiny particles of metallic silver suspended in pure water but that is relatively useless, metals having little bio-availability. Ionic colloidal silver on the other hand has well proven biocidal effects and utmost safety plus you can inexpensively make your own at home. An ion is a atom of a metal with one or more electrons removed, so a powerful stray radical. Our EPA classes silver as an oligodynamic biocide, meaning it is fatal to primitive life forms such as bacteria, viruses, prions, eggs, etc. yet readily used by our more complex cells to kill off pathogens. Death to pathogens is believed to be by the silver ion attaching to the pathogens respiration site, causing death by suffocation.

Silver is a natural biocide and in the ionic form (water soluble) is oligodynamic (fatal to primitive life forms such as eggs and pathogens) yet is utterly safe to plant, animal and insect cells (mature life forms). Many insects such as bees and Lady bugs are beneficial to plants so chemical insecticides are dangerous. Applied as a mist to plant leaves and stems ionic silver can be absorbed by plant cells, to aid in the immune systems natural destruction of plant pathogens while at the same time destroying eggs laid on the plant, breaking the target insects life cycle. Like any pesticide, spray only when appropriate, I.E when unwanted insect eggs are first deposited. Generally beneficial insects would not be laying eggs on the plants so may be of low concern.

Here in Florida ionic silver has controlled tomato mosaic virus, fruit tree leaf curl, kills the mango flower egg (grub) that causes bud drop, kills rose rust, etc.Seeds germinate at 100% and grow robustly when soaked in ionic silver to sprout, etc. In the garden tomato plants sprayed a few times will produce massive yields, due to maximized plant vitality.

Logically, you should not hesitate to use ionic silver on house plants or in any agricultural environment, first from an economic viewpoint as an aid to plant vitality and thus up to 30% improved yield and in particular as a non chemical pesticide, fungicide, virucide and bactericide. From a business mans return on investment consideration the ionic silver equipment can pay for itself in a matter of months. While to the average bloke using a "pharmaceutical grade" product on plants may sound like a waste, consider the real production cost is under 10 cents a gallon, which relates to under a dollar to "mist" an acre, for a superior yet chemical free biocide with pesticide benefits! Even the workers will gain, with less health problems!

A brief look at grape production indicates the mist application requirement is 1-2 gallons per acre to wet the leaves - see: mistsprayers.com for what appears to be the most logical applicator on farms. Droplets should be avoided to prevent wetting the soil too deeply for friendly bacteria in the soil would then be destroyed. Further, a dedicated spray tank should also be used, to prevent the formation of nearly non-soluble silver salts (the result of mixing with soluble minerals) as they are generally 10,000 times less bio-available then the highly reactive ions.

Evaporation of the water will leave reduced silver and or salts, which have a minor but sustained bio-benefit. In my 10,000 gallon swimming pool it took 40 gallons to reach the effective biocidal dosage (20 parts per billion) but requires only one gallon per month makeup, due to the high residual effect of the poorly soluble silver salts.

The little I know from local tomato growers is that after each rain another application of pesticides is made so there should possibly be weekly applications. Unlike chemical pesticides the ionic silver is harmless to mature insects (oligodynamic) and a great aid to plant vitality so no problem if applied often, so long as the soil is not soaked. As a minimum it should be re-applied after insect pests deposit eggs on leaves and stems, to break their life cycle.

You have to think out of the box, to realize ionic silver is ideal as a general plant health aid in addition to being an anti-pathogenic material fatal to primative life forms (including eggs). In humans, besides being biocidal it has strong anti-inflammatory effects, promotes the production of mast cells, aids DNA repair and so likely has similar benefits to plants.

You can hardly consider 5 parts per million to be concentrated so there is no risk of over use burning the leaves, just do not saturate the soil.

There is utmost safety, for if you look at our EPA's data on silver (http//www.epa.gov/iris/subst/0099.htm#oralrfd) there is no risk of silver "overdosing" during spray applications other then the rare case of Argyria, a discolorization of the skin when absorbed in gross doses for extended periods (silver salts are photosensitive so darken after light exposure). They compute the safe daily dose (rfD) at 14 teaspoons of 5 PPM daily for 70 years!

Ionic silver vapors are routinely breathed for lung problems and in fact a Dr. Brooks Bradley cured (6) patients with "terminal lung problems" by having them breath a few ounces of ionic silver mist daily - even lung cancer responded! I routinely use an ultrasonic vaporized to breath the vapors, for persistent allergy problems. The amount a field worker would breath would be far less then a ounce and I have customers that have their whole family ingested a quart a day with no side effects! I caution all to avoid overdosing with anything, for the body reacts by more rapid excretion, reducing its effectiveness but they insist their health has never been better and have used the high dose daily for years. Reported cases of Argyria are only 8 per year according to our FDA and never from silver ions but from non-soluble silver salts that most "home generators" produce when ultra pure water (double distilled grade) is not used.

I have just sprouted (30) Moringa tree seeds in ionic silver saturated paper towels - always get 100% germination as no pathogenic problems. Moringa you may know is the Worlds answer to starvation, called the food tree as leaves, seeds and roots are eatable and extremely nutritious. I plan to add the leaves and eventually seeds to my diet, as it is a very fast growing tree.

Fred Peschel is a graduate Mechanical Engineer with 40 years experience in custom electronic design and manufacture in the high voltage test equipment area. Upon retirement he started studying self healing and in the last 10 years has become a world class expert on colloidal silver manufacture and applications.
jeffreyp is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:47 PM
Banned

Cernunnos
Can you please post a link to that article?
I'm curious as to a date on that...TY!
Old 02-01-2011, 10:53 PM
Banned

I would like now to show you how even the highest quality colloidal silver can be rendered garbage quickly if it's not stored properly.

I will pour some of my excess of my current batch into a glass and leave it for 1.5 hours in open air and ambient light .

Please note the clear but cloudy opacity of the solution.