Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 6. Breeders support and information

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2011, 01:15 PM
british_hempire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclepeter View Post
In the case of Serious seeds thats the result of 1:1 parents and one being lost or both. in Kali Mist they switched to a more indica male and then back to a sat type to try and get it back like the original...

oh Marleys Collie I tried and liked it but I like anything with one of the parents used the ort15 I think.
Yeah, after the Geoden law meant they had to move things indoors and underground a lot of companies lost parents to busts, shame that Simon did, I never got to grow any of his strains when they were in the original form, I've grown various versions of AK47 and Kali Mist, f2s and other company's versions, grown a lot of bubblegum variants but never Serious's, Chronic never appealed to me because I don't grow commercially, sure it yields huge but it's not a great smoke, very leafy too. Never saw the point in White Russian cos everyone say's it's not as good as White Rhino and I prefer Widow to Rhino so never considered doing White Russan.

Is ort15 what Sensi called Hindu Kush? Never grown Marley's Collie but smoked some in Holland and it had some of the softness of the HK I thought.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:56 PM
Unclepeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by british_hempire View Post
Yeah, after the Geoden law meant they had to move things indoors and underground a lot of companies lost parents to busts, shame that Simon did, I never got to grow any of his strains when they were in the original form, I've grown various versions of AK47 and Kali Mist, f2s and other company's versions, grown a lot of bubblegum variants but never Serious's, Chronic never appealed to me because I don't grow commercially, sure it yields huge but it's not a great smoke, very leafy too. Never saw the point in White Russian cos everyone say's it's not as good as White Rhino and I prefer Widow to Rhino so never considered doing White Russan.

Is ort15 what Sensi called Hindu Kush? Never grown Marley's Collie but smoked some in Holland and it had some of the softness of the HK I thought.
I think it was a select Ortega?
Old 01-10-2011, 02:27 PM
british_hempire

What exactly is ortega, is it the same thing as NL#1?
Old 01-10-2011, 02:29 PM
Azra'eil

Last edited by Azra'eil; 01-16-2011 at 03:45 PM.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:29 PM
Azra'eil

Last edited by Azra'eil; 01-16-2011 at 03:44 PM.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:43 PM
british_hempire

There is a hindu kush from the skunkman, I've seen a picture of an old Scared Seeds Hindu Kush seed packet in a book. The Flying Dutchman had Pot of Gold which is Hindu Kush x Skunk and a few companies have sold pure Hindu Kush.

Only reason I was wondering about Sensi's version is I was going through their mid 90s lineup when Nev was still there and all the strains bar Hindu Kush were Nev's and it made me wonder if Sensi's Hindu Kush at that time wasn't just one of Nev's northern lights lines renamed. Seems a bit wierd for Sensi to have all of Nev's lines and one line bought in from the Skunkman. Sensi renamed a few of Nev's lines, NL5 x Sk1 became Shiva Skunk for instance.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:52 PM
Azra'eil

Last edited by Azra'eil; 01-16-2011 at 03:40 PM.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:57 PM
Unclepeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azra'eil View Post
very good question BH
meant to be NLxHP from memory. or other way... anyway there's lots of it in BD

Last edited by Unclepeter; 01-10-2011 at 02:59 PM.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by british_hempire View Post
What exactly is ortega, is it the same thing as NL#1?
In my experience, Ortega seems to be a more-or-less pure Afghani line but I would love some insight/clarification from Nevil and/or Dogless.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:13 PM
british_hempire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azra'eil View Post
yes but sensi afghani # 1 is from the shunkman too, you know the one nevil like very much...lol
Yes but Nev had Afghani #1 from 1985 onwards so Sensi got it from him, Nev never had any Hindu Kush in any of his catalogues but in the 87 catalogue he refers to an f1 hybrid between 'Big Bud and Northern Lights #2 (Hindu Kush)' which had me wondering if Sensi's Hindu Kush was Northern Lights #2 renamed.

He also mentions a Big Bud hybrid soon to be released that is:

Big Bud/NL#1 x Skunk#1/Early Pearl

I wonder if that's what became known as Four and More/Four Way?