Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 6. Breeders support and information

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2010, 10:24 AM
Breeder

I deal with subjects in my own order and in my own time. Sometimes a question comes up a few times before I'm inclinded to deal with it. Sometimes I ignore questions because I think the answer is self evident and people need to work it out for themselves. Sometimes I ignore a question because I think that the question is asked to create controversy or confrontation. Sometimes I just ignore arseholes. Sometimes, things just slip my mind.

Whatever my reasons are, they are mine and I'm accountable to no man. I do what I want Japfreak. You truly are a virus wherever you go. Is someone paying you for this or is it just your nature?

I'd like to organise a poll so that people can nominate people and vote disruptive elements out. The results should only be seen by the moderators. If we don't do something, I'll end up spending my time on this shit and I'm not sure I'm willing to volunteer for that.
N.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:31 AM

Hi there,
Maybe a tip to move on with this thread...
Close this thread and restart it or renew it.
Ignore the people that wanne boobytrap the thread with all their negative input
If everyone here will ignore them it will stop.
Concentrate on the informative issues of the thread and not on the insults and bad vibes etc..
I'm, as many of you are, very interested in breeding techniques so let's have a ball in sharing info.
Don't focus on the rotten apples, just IGNORE them!
Good luck,
Y.Sam
Old 12-26-2010, 11:33 AM
nuteburn

--Deleted--

Last edited by nuteburn; 04-04-2012 at 11:59 PM.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:47 AM

No need to confer, just delete...
Old 12-26-2010, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuteburn View Post
Good idea, take out the trash, Japfreak gets my vote for dick of the month.
If the winners in those polls get banned, their account & all their stupid posts deleted, then maybe threads can stay on track instead of being crapped in all the time.
Deleting a user is cool but when you delete their posts it makes the thread real hard to understand as people who have been arguing or discussing with the deleted member look like they are talking to themselves.

I have a few grow diary's in places that a few members posted in and they were deleted. It makes my grow diary's look as if I am a loon rambling onto myself for pages and pages.. aha lol

To be honest I think the shit stirrers and people who create negativity on this forum need to be deleted.. First time give them a warning then just delete em if they give any lip or they do it again.

Its becoming a real pain in the ass having to trawl through pages and pages of whining and winging to find anything remotely interesting. If I want a soap opera and some drama I will turn on the TV..

Be Well,
Doobz

Its Nice To Be Important.. But Its More Important To Be Nice..
Old 12-26-2010, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevil View Post
Hey North
If early flowering is a goal, that's one criteria that can be applied to males each gen. Otherwise, I'd just take seed from the 5 or 6 best females and plant them in different sections. Take seeds from the best female from every line and over time, cull half of the lines. When you are down to your best 2or3 lines, cross them with each other and start again.
N.
Thanks for the reply Nevil.

Another question if i may....

I've seen many people ask and never seen a serious breeder answer it straight forward....

do you feel certain traits are linked to only male or only female plants?

Like earliness...you mention i should look to the males for that...do you feel thats a sex linked trait or just a matter of timing? (as in the males flower first...so i should look to the first X number of males as one of my selection criteria?)

is one sex more likely to pass whatever trait along than the other sex?

which traits tend to be passed by which sex if any?

(if this has been asked and answered somewhere else here @MrN. by Nev or Shanti could someone point it out)

fumbly wording...still a bit groogy from last night....sorry
Old 12-26-2010, 02:24 PM

Here's a breeding question. I have two plants each with recessive characteristics that I want. Ducksfoot with a strange look and Short Term Amnesia an autoflower.
I inputted this cross into a Punnett Square calculator. What I wonder is did I input this correctly?
D=Ducksfoot
A=Autoflower

According to the calculator. If I did it correctly. Statistically out of 100 seeds 6 will be Ducksfoot and autoflowering. Correct?
Old 12-26-2010, 02:28 PM

In your example..Is the Ducks foot homozygous for Ducks foot, or heterozygous?

And same ? for your autoflower.

Or are you trying to find out what i asked?

Last edited by Greezzy Guy; 12-26-2010 at 02:35 PM.
Old 12-26-2010, 02:28 PM
Azra'eil

Last edited by Azra'eil; 01-19-2011 at 10:57 AM.
Old 12-26-2010, 03:02 PM

well, one positive is we are back to you mr. north which is the direction i wanted to follow cause i think we have similar goals. but first, where do you live and i ask because at my 41 degrees i have also been told forever that hazes were out of my range?

the last five or six years, my world has seen drastic changes in the weather patterns with one consequence being a need for new genetics. this is supposed to be a general warming pattern and i believe the season has extended in spite of winters still being very cold? one positive is that for the second year in a row a beautiful autumn saved me after a wet, hot summer had done its damage. and also for the second year in a row it was the late season sativas that did the best.

until five years ago, i had never seen mold on a plant. it didn't happen where i lived and with what i planted. and today with a few exceptions it is the indicas that are hurt the worst. so i started trying a few hybrids and soon learned not to fear any 10 week strain. and i also tasted my perception of haze again for the first time since the 70s on plants that i grew!

mr. north has the knack for breeding that i lack but i believe he is on the right track. others have spoken of this sort of "climatic adaption" in the breeding of hybrids. ime as strictly a grower and buyer of seed, most of these hybs will flower and even finish as demanded by the weather but will ultimately show their discontent through shitty yields. did you ever see a six foot plant with a one ounce yield? that has been my results when i push the limits too hard. peace-biteme