Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 6. Breeders support and information

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2007, 07:36 PM

Default Breeders Thread

Breeders Thread

here is a place to post your experiences in the breeding and propagation of fine cannabis ... breeders & growers of all levels and experience are encouraged to participate , ask questions, & help in any manner suitable ...

every grower is a potential breeder ... the high road to success

peace from flower~power
Old 04-11-2007, 11:51 PM

plant propagation ... the easy way
Old 04-11-2007, 11:55 PM

get down with the plants

peace
Old 04-12-2007, 03:26 AM

plant propagation ... the easy way

Yes it truly is.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:45 PM
bongtime

Arrow ez clone

how long can clones stay in ez clone??how long till they root...later bongtime
Old 04-12-2007, 05:58 PM

high there in the ez clone most strains will root in 7 to 10 days ... just be sure to use clean pure ph balenced water... once they sprout the rooting is rapid & you have to get the clones out of the machine before the rootlings get tangled..

peace~fp
Old 04-13-2007, 12:46 AM

i am just a hobby plants man ...i don't know much about breeding...just really starting out in breeding myself ... i am good with plants and i want to learn...it is a difficult playing field ...i've worked with mainly two excellent strains over the past 7 years (Super Silver Haze, and C99) lots of strains have come and gone but these are the keepers. with the C99 i've been able to F2 & F3 the line always using multiple males and females ... there is some variety but they maintain a very tight and true to the original genetic pool... on the other hand, the SSH only exist in the form of what i like to call my "mother clone" stock ... she is a special female SSH indeed, still alive after 7 years of clone to flower, many moms along the way, but all genetical twins to the 1st....her vigor, and growth potential are astounding... she demands propagation.... i had no SSH males, no way of getting SSH pollen, so it only seemed natural to use the C99 line... used 10 males from my C99 line to create a hybrid seed stock that could contain some potentially amazing genetic matches... what i did was to let them open pollinate a dedicated SSH mother plant for seed production.... so i know have some seed stock to start work with ....

the next step in breeding is to define what my goals are, what am i looking for in a plant?. do i want variety, or could i achive stability? do i want to end up with a stable seed line, or am i looking for a special plant to become a future parent, or clone mother? what traits can you hope to improve?
Old 04-13-2007, 04:21 AM
hempy

hi all heres a link shanti posted on Hobby Seed breeding .

http://www.mrnice.nl/dhtml/media_art...d_breeding.php

Im amazed at how much stuffs on this site finding new things daily great stuff shanti.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:04 AM

hey hempy ... thanks for that link & that article is really good... there is so much info in there for me to use...i'm going to read it again and then bring out some points

peace~fp
Old 04-13-2007, 01:50 PM

Hi all how would an inbred father crossed into a hybrid lady(G13 xkush) sort of turn out ,would it dip very deeply into the gene pool or express either parent closley on the first run of the beans. cheers

Last edited by redeye24/7; 04-13-2007 at 01:52 PM. Reason: can't spell