Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 6. Breeders support and information

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2020, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantManBee View Post
LOL.

Takes two to tango.

IME, cannabis has a much smaller taproot than many other plants. Mostly it's fibrous roots from what I have seen.

That doesn't mean it's not possible for the plants to autoflower when rootbound.

Root pruning, up potting are good tools to implement IME.
Hey Plantman.
It turned into a bit of a barn dance .

Does anyone use Aero pots and can vouch for them?
Or the spiral pots that have come out recently.
The manufacturers claim big benefits, like up to 300% advantage for same size, which sounds a lot.
The original rocket pots was meant to have been invented by some crew trying to transplant trees that couldn't survive in pots, or something like that.

Last edited by Vlad the Inhaler; 01-29-2020 at 08:48 PM.
Old 01-30-2020, 02:36 AM

Lightbulb

This guy will sell you some pots...

https://youtu.be/7XvQqYQX9Qw
Old 01-30-2020, 06:15 AM

Cheers Canna. Hoping someone using Aero pots can add a bit if it's worth keeping parents in them.
If they live up to expectation.
I noticed some thick felt bags with velcro on the sides at my local garden shop, I'm going to buy one for a mum to see how it goes.
Old 01-30-2020, 02:02 PM

Lightbulb

some more Dr. Carl talking roots.

https://youtu.be/LdGzn8kbULc
Old 01-30-2020, 07:58 PM

Great stuff, fish. Thanks for posting that.
Old 01-30-2020, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2ishun View Post
Nope, nothing by federation in my wares, sorry.
I would highly recommend Pua Mohana for anything Hawaiian if that's what you are looking for. I have tried the Maui wowie and although not the most potent it was still exceptional smoke with one of the best flavors I've ever come across.

Steve is intentionally off the grid right now (you know how that goes in this biz).
The st3 stash I have isn't deep enough to share and I dont think it will ever be produced again (the original spg cuts have been lost unless some random soul out there still has it).
Steve's reachable.... not sure what you're referring to. He goes away from social media for a week or two at a time, no extended absences, but hes usually reachable via whatsapp or the like
Old 02-03-2020, 02:36 PM

Back to the topic of root-bound-induced autoflowering. Been thinking about this topic in light of another punto rojo run I'm gearing up for. My last PR run I had success controlling the height of the plants by keeping them in small (2-gallon) pots and letting them grow up through the lights during the stretch. Like Musashi, I dislike pruning and training because it makes it difficult to judge a plant's innate beauty and structure. These PR plants were all definitely root bound, probably by the third or fourth week of a six-week stretch; this is about when two of the plants went full-blown hermaphrodite on me. Only one of six PR plants that grow didn't display any intersex issues. So it appears that I have unwittingly discovered one fairly effective means of stress testing landrace sativas.

Any thoughts on how stress testing via root growth restriction compares to other means of stress testing?
Old 02-03-2020, 05:46 PM

I tend to think that anything threatening survival of the plant can trigger both intersex and autoflower production and that intersex in cannabis is more the rule than exception unless man puts his mitts on it. Then it messes with our desire to control.

Not really helpful, I am certain.
Old 02-12-2020, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus_in_the_Darkus View Post
...Any thoughts on how stress testing via root growth restriction compares to other means of stress testing?...
I have stressed my plants in the past for many reasons mainly because of ignorance and neglect. Nutrient deficiency/toxicity stress, water, heat, wind, salt stress, root restriction/binding, pH, humidity, light- abiotic stresses as well as pests, virus, bacterial, i.e. biotic stresses.
I have found incredible plants that have survived the above. They include a MH IBL, an old Master Kush, even a stable Diesel. They are but memories now. They needed attention that was lacking on my part.

Some say, “Happy wife, happy life”
I’d like to suggest, “Happy roots-> happy shoots-> happy fruits

Shaka
Mu
Old 02-15-2020, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad the Inhaler View Post
Big Sur, I think you've gone and confused yourself.
I don't think you are shitting on me for keeping your world's best seed stash to yourself.

Reason I posted is I don't think that I am humping your leg.

I guess the bit where you signed off your last 500+ posts with a tag explaining you are a SEED TRADER, allowed me to believe you are a seed trader, OK , my bad there.
( you know, the tag which you've gone back and edited out of every comment in this thread )

And the bit where you manage to drop the fact that you have 150+ strain into almost every thread, I thought was self promotion.
I see now that it's just self absorption.
For one, I did not say that you were humping my leg. I said that everyone has been leg humping me for my gear. Which is true. I get lots and lots of emails requesting beans. All one billion self-absorbed strains. I do not know why you read that the way that you did. Also I did not edit out the last 500+ posts here... I merely changed my sig file. Anyone here can change that in one file. I merely changed my sig file and my avatar here. New Mandalorian theme. One click and they ALL change retroactively and in any future posts.

You did say, quote: "hang shit on people for inquiring about your stock." That means that I am hanging shit on people. Yes? Funny, you have posted here about outing people for not having the gear that they claim to have, and then you wonder why people like me post that we have the gear that we have, for validity sake. But whatever. I have no dog in this race. I do not make a living off of peddling Cannabis seeds. I post here for amusement, and to meet people like me with large seed collections. Which I have, and with whom I have traded. If that makes me self-absorbed, so be it. Zac Purple seeds and all.

Last edited by Big Sur; 02-15-2020 at 01:20 AM.