Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 6. Breeders support and information

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-07-2019, 11:27 AM
kief420's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 231
Default The de Lima

Okay , hereís whatís up I have found a nevils haze mom thatís a pain in the ass but is very good no cough but really lacks in the flavor department, and takes for ever and wants to grow like a vine and I have found a ssh pheno I really like , Iíve never had super lemon haze but this ssh pheno smells straight up like lemon pledge . My plan was to find a c99 to use as a father to try to cut back the flowering time on the nevils haze and give it some flavor and just thought it would be a cool cross with the ssh . Hereís the problem only 8 of the Cindyís popped and only one came above ground and it was a runt and died , I also got a free 5 pack from mosca and none popped at all , Iíve never had these problems and I hate to bash a breeder but I would not order mosca again . So here are my choices to use for a father . Angels breath but I donít really want to use it , I have plans for it for a future project . So my two options are pre98bubbakushx88g13/hashplant from ndnguy or black widow . So what out of the two would you choose for a father and why for each cross with the ssh and the Nevilleís. Really looking forward to hearing every ones thoughts on the subject , really sucks about the Cindy kinda screwed up all my intial plans but we must soldier on and I donít want to order no more seeds . Thanks again guys
__________________
Bottlenecking? The classic case is the cheetah. I read a compelling article once that the Cheetah is a cloned cross between a cat and a dog. Cheetahs have been around for 1000s of years, competing against lions and hyenas. It is still the fastest animal on earth.
I suspect that "bottlenecking" cannabis may lead to the "highest" cannabis on earth. It's a risk I'm willing to take.
N.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-07-2019, 04:59 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: michigan
Posts: 1,555
Default

so whats your plan with your angels breath?

im going to hit it with a NH male, then take a male from that generation and hit my g13 haze female.
so it will be nl5 haze x skunk haze x afghan haze x nevilles haze x g13 haze.
i think i got them all in there, did i miss any?

for your NH, SSH, and ? project, i would use the black widow.
pollinate the NH with the black widow and select a male.
males from the widow line are supposed to be good.
the next generation you have a chance to improve your NH using the widow male.
then when you select a male from that generation or inbreed a few, you can hit your SSH female with your worked male line. less chance of losing your SSH qualities because it is in your final cross. you can judge some of your NH/widow females to see what the males might be contributing. less chance of the negative, bland, or hay type qualities from your NH ending up in the final cross, because it was already improved before crossing to the SSH.

If you did SSH/widow, then had to pick a male, you might lose the lemon pledge SSH that you like by making the wrong pick, and then cross with the NH and you will have two bland flavors going into the cross without really knowing it.
and at best you have one good flavor and one bland, and hope for the best or search through the next gen for one that carries on the good flavors.

Last edited by jack hairy; 02-07-2019 at 05:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-08-2019, 01:12 PM
kief420's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 231
Default

I’m not really sure what I’m going to do with the angels breath yet because of reading about so many different phenotypes so it’s on the back burner . My initial plans was to find a sshxc99 stud male and cross it to every thing and keep that one male but also out of each cross with the c99x ssh finding a different male out of every generation and keep back crossing to the ssh . I think I will take your suggestion with the nhxblackwidow cross and try to achieve three things tighter bud structure , quicker flowering time and more resin production then work the line for a a few generations before I find a male to hit to the ssh and then start working that , I imagine this will take years but it is what it is especially in limited space , or I may just hit the black widow to both and keep finding a male from each generation of the sshxbw and crossing it back to the original ssh mother . I am interested in hearing why you think this may or may not be a good idea . With the pre98bubbakushx88g13/hashplant my plans are a little simpler just take clones flower them out find the best mother and then what appears to be the best father and crossing them and do that over each generation not keeping any of the original mother or father plants , I guess I should have made this my first project being that it’s going to be the easiest but I wanted to make those Cindy crosses so bad but that went to hell in a hand bag . I know I described my ssh of smelling like lemon pledge but that’s only cause it’s the closest thing I could think of at the time none of my other ssh had this smell and it’s a more complex smell then that it’s a strong lemon smell with a under body of a fuel type smell so the only thing I could think of was some type of lemon smelling cleaning supply , I wonder how often this pheno pops up in ssh
__________________
Bottlenecking? The classic case is the cheetah. I read a compelling article once that the Cheetah is a cloned cross between a cat and a dog. Cheetahs have been around for 1000s of years, competing against lions and hyenas. It is still the fastest animal on earth.
I suspect that "bottlenecking" cannabis may lead to the "highest" cannabis on earth. It's a risk I'm willing to take.
N.

Last edited by kief420; 02-08-2019 at 01:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-08-2019, 01:26 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: michigan
Posts: 1,555
Default

hitting the black widow to both is a good idea, didnt think of it.
you still have to find your male in the NH widow, but at least your female selection of SSH widow would be easy to see if you still have your SSH traits.
then when you recombine them after one cross or a few generations, they may breed well together because of the widow on both sides. linebreed.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-09-2019, 12:08 AM
CannaFish's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 154
Default

The SSH sounds pretty damn good on its own. Too bad you can't reverse her and cross to the NevilsHz aka PsycoHaze

I would think black widow would bring musky tones to the party. Shanti crossed Nevils Haze x Black Widow aka Grail Widow and it's DANK!

Shanti also made the similar SSH x BW aka HashMaster

I would be more inclined to cross the black widow with the bubbahash88g13 cross and keep it hashy and dank.

SSH crossed to angels breath sounds like a killer mix. I really like the angel breath smells and flavors and highs. I was able to help make a couple angels breathe crosses made last year that need to be grown out. Chimera's Simply Irresistible x AB and Chimeras Hawaiian Spice x AB

Good luck and forget about those weak Mosca seeds, the ones that got away can haunt ya. The first seeds I ordered never germinated. Spice of Life OG kush x Blue Satellite.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-09-2019, 09:41 PM
kief420's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 231
Default

What all type of flavors, smells and highs did you find in your angels breath ? I purchased it before any one had did any grow logs and was hoping that it would either have phenos that was either mangohaze dominant or Afghan haze dominate but know from the grow logs I have seen that itís not very stable with a very wide range of phenotypes which is not all ways a bad thing . And Iím worried that crossing the angels breath with the ssh would bring out the cat piss amell
__________________
Bottlenecking? The classic case is the cheetah. I read a compelling article once that the Cheetah is a cloned cross between a cat and a dog. Cheetahs have been around for 1000s of years, competing against lions and hyenas. It is still the fastest animal on earth.
I suspect that "bottlenecking" cannabis may lead to the "highest" cannabis on earth. It's a risk I'm willing to take.
N.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-09-2019, 10:56 PM
CannaFish's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 154
Default

I didn't grow AB but tried some. It was very full flavored.

I think it was kind of a lemony sweet tart haze smell and taste. The buzz is hazey and powerfully pleasant. Day brightener. Seems like it would match well with your SSH.

Look at this thread where Marcus has gone to F2 and I think F3 with Angels breathe...

https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/angels-b...ears-haze.html
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-10-2019, 04:33 AM
kief420's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 231
Default

I just reread Marcus angel breath grow he did a excellent job but I think the ab has to many variations and chances of hermies for what I’m looking for at this moment. I do believe if one was to work the line it would greatly improve the possibility of it being breeding stock but that would take some time so I believe I will go with looking for a black widow male it’s seems to be a more table strains and I think that continuing to back cross each generation to the ssh mom May give the results I’m looking for with the nevil haze I think what I will try if I can describe it right , I’m not all up on terminology but growing out seeds from the original bwxnh cross for several generations selecting the best mother and fathers for at least four of five generations then go back to seeds from the first cross and do the same thing then recombing the genetics from the two multi generation grows if that makes any since .
__________________
Bottlenecking? The classic case is the cheetah. I read a compelling article once that the Cheetah is a cloned cross between a cat and a dog. Cheetahs have been around for 1000s of years, competing against lions and hyenas. It is still the fastest animal on earth.
I suspect that "bottlenecking" cannabis may lead to the "highest" cannabis on earth. It's a risk I'm willing to take.
N.

Last edited by kief420; 02-10-2019 at 03:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-12-2019, 12:36 PM
Broseidon's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 898
Default

If you go with your original idea of crossing C99 to it, I would suggest Joey Weed's C99 for the job.

I looked quite a bit into C99 for a while and ended up with peakseed's version which left me disappointed (so far).

Over on IC is a dude called "LostTribe" and he has been looking into C99, starting about the time I just finished my first 2 females from peak.

He has apparently grown C99 from all kinds of sources, including the new Bro's Grimm offerings and was always left disappointed and disillusioned.

The Joey Weed's version looks best to him so far but he is still in veg I believe.

Everything else (including peak, female seeds, mosca and all kinds of others) were crap, according to him.


Because C99 sounds like the likely/right candidate for a cross with both SSH and Neville's Haze. Similar gene pool ingredients, coming from Jack Herrer, NL, Skunk etc. should fit.
And the main draw of C99 was always the much shorter flowering period while achieving a similar effect/potency to the Jack Herrer/SSH.

Since you want to reduce flowering times, maybe get some more compact buds etc., this fits the bill and has been used in the past just this way.

I also looked into C99 exactly for that purpose: To use in future crosses as a "flower time shortener" first and foremost.
My first run in with peak's C99 let me re-evaluate that idea and had me bench the strain for now.


But if Joey Weed's C99 is indeed "pure" and "it", then this could be the place to look and get what you need.

/Edit
It should possibly be noted though, that I have come across claims that C99 simply doesn't cross very well and doesn't seem to pass on too much of its attributes in offspring. People were claiming that it just seems overall recessive or maybe due to its extreme selection/bottlenecking, it just doesn't show through in a cross...?
What seems to support this line of thinking is that there are very few, if any C99 crosses on the market that made it to today. Could be that is because C99 just detracted and never added to a cross....
Because it was a very hyped strain for a while with a huge following that still exists today.
In that situation, it should be prevalent in all kinds of crosses to date, like white widow is for example.

Last edited by Broseidon; 02-12-2019 at 12:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old Yesterday, 10:24 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 62
Default

Has anyone tried KOS seeds f4 version of c99?

Or heard of anyone who has





Quote:
Originally Posted by kief420 View Post
Okay , hereís whatís up I have found a nevils haze mom thatís a pain in the ass but is very good no cough but really lacks in the flavor department, and takes for ever and wants to grow like a vine and I have found a ssh pheno I really like , Iíve never had super lemon haze but this ssh pheno smells straight up like lemon pledge . My plan was to find a c99 to use as a father to try to cut back the flowering time on the nevils haze and give it some flavor and just thought it would be a cool cross with the ssh . Hereís the problem only 8 of the Cindyís popped and only one came above ground and it was a runt and died , I also got a free 5 pack from mosca and none popped at all , Iíve never had these problems and I hate to bash a breeder but I would not order mosca again . So here are my choices to use for a father . Angels breath but I donít really want to use it , I have plans for it for a future project . So my two options are pre98bubbakushx88g13/hashplant from ndnguy or black widow . So what out of the two would you choose for a father and why for each cross with the ssh and the Nevilleís. Really looking forward to hearing every ones thoughts on the subject , really sucks about the Cindy kinda screwed up all my intial plans but we must soldier on and I donít want to order no more seeds . Thanks again guys
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack hairy View Post
so whats your plan with your angels breath?

im going to hit it with a NH male, then take a male from that generation and hit my g13 haze female.
so it will be nl5 haze x skunk haze x afghan haze x nevilles haze x g13 haze.
i think i got them all in there, did i miss any?

for your NH, SSH, and ? project, i would use the black widow.
pollinate the NH with the black widow and select a male.
males from the widow line are supposed to be good.
the next generation you have a chance to improve your NH using the widow male.
then when you select a male from that generation or inbreed a few, you can hit your SSH female with your worked male line. less chance of losing your SSH qualities because it is in your final cross. you can judge some of your NH/widow females to see what the males might be contributing. less chance of the negative, bland, or hay type qualities from your NH ending up in the final cross, because it was already improved before crossing to the SSH.

If you did SSH/widow, then had to pick a male, you might lose the lemon pledge SSH that you like by making the wrong pick, and then cross with the NH and you will have two bland flavors going into the cross without really knowing it.
and at best you have one good flavor and one bland, and hope for the best or search through the next gen for one that carries on the good flavors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannaFish View Post
The SSH sounds pretty damn good on its own. Too bad you can't reverse her and cross to the NevilsHz aka PsycoHaze

I would think black widow would bring musky tones to the party. Shanti crossed Nevils Haze x Black Widow aka Grail Widow and it's DANK!

Shanti also made the similar SSH x BW aka HashMaster

I would be more inclined to cross the black widow with the bubbahash88g13 cross and keep it hashy and dank.

SSH crossed to angels breath sounds like a killer mix. I really like the angel breath smells and flavors and highs. I was able to help make a couple angels breathe crosses made last year that need to be grown out. Chimera's Simply Irresistible x AB and Chimeras Hawaiian Spice x AB

Good luck and forget about those weak Mosca seeds, the ones that got away can haunt ya. The first seeds I ordered never germinated. Spice of Life OG kush x Blue Satellite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseidon View Post
If you go with your original idea of crossing C99 to it, I would suggest Joey Weed's C99 for the job.

I looked quite a bit into C99 for a while and ended up with peakseed's version which left me disappointed (so far).

Over on IC is a dude called "LostTribe" and he has been looking into C99, starting about the time I just finished my first 2 females from peak.

He has apparently grown C99 from all kinds of sources, including the new Bro's Grimm offerings and was always left disappointed and disillusioned.

The Joey Weed's version looks best to him so far but he is still in veg I believe.

Everything else (including peak, female seeds, mosca and all kinds of others) were crap, according to him.


Because C99 sounds like the likely/right candidate for a cross with both SSH and Neville's Haze. Similar gene pool ingredients, coming from Jack Herrer, NL, Skunk etc. should fit.
And the main draw of C99 was always the much shorter flowering period while achieving a similar effect/potency to the Jack Herrer/SSH.

Since you want to reduce flowering times, maybe get some more compact buds etc., this fits the bill and has been used in the past just this way.

I also looked into C99 exactly for that purpose: To use in future crosses as a "flower time shortener" first and foremost.
My first run in with peak's C99 let me re-evaluate that idea and had me bench the strain for now.


But if Joey Weed's C99 is indeed "pure" and "it", then this could be the place to look and get what you need.

/Edit
It should possibly be noted though, that I have come across claims that C99 simply doesn't cross very well and doesn't seem to pass on too much of its attributes in offspring. People were claiming that it just seems overall recessive or maybe due to its extreme selection/bottlenecking, it just doesn't show through in a cross...?
What seems to support this line of thinking is that there are very few, if any C99 crosses on the market that made it to today. Could be that is because C99 just detracted and never added to a cross....
Because it was a very hyped strain for a while with a huge following that still exists today.
In that situation, it should be prevalent in all kinds of crosses to date, like white widow is for example.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
All rights reserved, MR NICE SEEDBANK, NL