Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 6. Breeders support and information

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2019, 04:32 PM

HeY Marco, beautiful RedBud! taste the rainbow
Old 03-07-2019, 02:19 PM

Default ~4 weeks

The newest batch of punto Rojo is now almost four weeks into flower and they are really taking their time. Looks like only one male out of six so far, PR5. A couple of the clones were not rooted when they went into the flower tent and they took a couple weeks to get up and go, so PR4 and PR6 are runts (for now). They are stretching like mad and I've let the three largest grow through the LED COB lights in an effort to limit stretch. I've also halved the size of my hempy buckets this grow to 2 gallons, again, to attempt to control stretch. I expect they'll stretch until week 8 and all will go 18+ weeks. Not much in the way of aromas yet. I still have the seed plants going but will cull them soon. I'll be keeping watch for hermaphroditism.

Meanwhile, I've been enjoying the hell out of puntobiche #6, a really uplifting smoke. I act like a tweaker on the stuff, smoked it steadily one weekend and painted 2/3 of the upstairs rooms in my house. Clean, clear high with psychedelic aspects. Smell is developing into that wonderful spicy peppery Colombian smell. No burnout.

Last edited by Marcus_in_the_Darkus; 03-07-2019 at 02:21 PM.
Old 03-09-2019, 07:55 AM

Very nice! Thank-you for sharing this with us all. Its amazing to see these awesome old school lines being grown. Just awesome!!!! Sensient
.........................Terence McKenna..............................
Old 03-11-2019, 05:08 PM

Lightbulb

That's some crazy upright growth. They look like they could go on forever.

The stems look strong and forgiving like bamboo. On the plant on the right, #2?... the ummmm angle of the dangle of the petioles and branches to the stem is very acute. I see that as a good sign of strong upwards growth and weight bearing branches.

I was re-reading your first post in this thread earlier. It was prophetic. You are starting to manifest your punto rojo dreams into a reality.
Old 03-11-2019, 05:23 PM

Thanks for the props, gentlemen.

Six females and zero males. So much for finding a punto rojo stud this round. I will make some PR x (PR x mangobiche) seeds however.
Old 03-19-2019, 02:23 PM

Default ~ 5 weeks

I may have successfully managed the stretch of these sativas. I bent over the tops of the three tallest plants (#1-3) and set the lights at max headroom. I now have over a foot of space above the canopy, with probably only another week or so of stretch. PR #5 looks like an imposter with really wide leaves and signs of underfeeding, versus all the sativa girls who are happy with the 20% diluted Jack's 321 formula I've been using. Most likely some cripi genes there.
If things get too tight in the tent that plant will get culled. I'm also keeping a sharp eye out for bananas as the buds begin to develop.