Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 6. Breeders support and information

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2018, 07:29 PM

The marathon is almost over lol

I had 2 longer flowering phenos that had a "gold" feel to them, the buds were a little looser too- like a monkey paw- just like that #4 and #6 of yours. #6 should swell up some more at the end. #7 looks unique to me with those towers of buds springing up. #2 reminds me of my earliest one too, but that one had the strongest mango/pepper aroma/flavor of the lot.
Old 12-02-2018, 08:58 PM

Hey, was cruisin the net for beans and saw this
https://www.aceseeds.org/en/strains/...d/soarstd.html

Allegedly it's a "columbian" punta rojo crossed with afghani by Bohdi.

Now I always remembered punta rojo (red point) being from indigenous tribes in Mexico in the Quintana roo area.
Hell I don't know, my information could be wrong....or not....I have nothing definative to really go by.
Old 12-04-2018, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2ishun View Post
Hey, was cruisin the net for beans and saw this
https://www.aceseeds.org/en/strains/...d/soarstd.html

Allegedly it's a "columbian" punta rojo crossed with afghani by Bohdi.

Now I always remembered punta rojo (red point) being from indigenous tribes in Mexico in the Quintana roo area.
Hell I don't know, my information could be wrong....or not....I have nothing definative to really go by.
There was a lot of what was called Mexican red hair weed growing around Big Sur circa 1980, second generation stuff, bloomed and flowered earlier than Colombian Punto Rojo. According to my Colombian friends, Punto Rojo (red point) from Colombia was a distant cousin to Punta Roja, Colombian lowland red, from the east slopes of the western mountains in central Colombia. But in Colombia names for weed are highly regional, so they call it different things in different places there. For example, Punto Creepy is a name for sinsemilla in one part of Colombia, but is the name for an old high grade purple strain in northern Colombia, as well as in Costa Rica. On the news in Colombia they call Punto Creepy a GMO psycho weed that drives people mad with one hit. Reefer Madness lives on.

Also in Colombia, most of these heirloom strains are now extinct, and they say that us hippies are the only ones left that have any beans left of them. Its all Dutch indica crosses there now. Its pretty much the same in Mexico now as well.
Old 12-04-2018, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus_in_the_Darkus View Post
If any of these Colombians can approach the potency of my Angel's Breathe F1 or F2 I'll be happy.
I'm happy.

I have smoked small samples of my earliest plant, #2 that went 13 weeks, and the quality of the buzz is outstanding, with excellent potency. This plant is also the biggest yielder, by far. I took two tokes and enjoyed a clean, happy focused high that lasted over four hours with an easy come down, smooth as a glider on a perfect summer day. Four tokes this afternoon was even better, a bit more dreamy. High, not stoned. Beautiful sativa buds. Initial aroma in the jar is a fresh, buttery pine smell that is complex but subtle; this was the least loud plant in the odor department. PRM #2 is a definite keeper, great 100% sativa buzz in 13 weeks with a modest yield.

Upper colas fresh off the drying line. I'll probably make hash with the rest of the plant. Super easy to trim.

A dried but uncured nug. Very fluffy stuff, but lots of tiny resin glands.
Old 12-05-2018, 01:07 AM

Congrats! I'm glad to hear it smokes good already. I felt like mine needed a bit of a cure before I vibed with it.

Also... good luck with the pure Punto Rojos you sourced. I have a feeling those will finish earlier than the Mangobiche cross. You are going to be the East Coast Colombian King. íViva Don Marco!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mango.jpg (83.5 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by CannaFish; 12-05-2018 at 01:11 AM.
Old 12-06-2018, 03:27 AM

Viva sativa!
Old 12-06-2018, 07:08 AM

Wheres that damn like button.
Old 12-06-2018, 04:17 PM

looking good Mark! Enjoy the high!
Old 12-11-2018, 03:01 AM

Default 15 weeks

Thank you all for your kind words.

Cannafish, Don Marco has a nice ring to it. Maybe because I just finished binge watching Narcos Mexico last night...I enjoyed it and there was some good Mexican weed lore brought to light. I popped 6 of the TLT punto rojo beans 3 days ago and nothing has come up yet, so I'm getting a little nervous here.

I'm now down to only three plants in my tent; #4 the runt, #6 and #7. I harvested #3 last week. I did a shitty job of pollen control this grow because there are a lot of seeds in these plants, particularly #3 and #7, which I suspect grew nanners and threw a fair amount of pollen. Maybe I was careless when I made f2s, maybe pollen from my autoflowering AB1 in the adjacent veg cabinet made it's way to the tent intake. Oh well, it's not like I'm trying to sell this weed. If the point is to grow '70s throwback weed, the experience wouldn't be complete without seeds.

Here are a couple pictures of the two longest-flowering Puntobiche plants in the tent at 15 weeks.

PRM6 will go at least 18 weeks, possibly as much as 20. A few seeds, but not many. The colas I pollinated to make f2s have seeds that are very mature. Smells are not as loud as #7, darker, more spice and pepper. Still has mostly white-cream pistils. Colas are swelling very slowly.

Here's the apical PRM6 cola.

When I got some more room in the tent I untied #7 and let her dreads down.
She is an insanely vigorous beast with loud floral smells and buds that continue to swell at 15 weeks. The tips of the colas need another 1-2 weeks, but the lower parts of the colas look nearly ready. No amber trichs yet. Tiny, tiny trichs. I'll probably harvest this plant at 16 weeks. Yield will probably be pretty good, especially if I include the seeds. This thing is massively seeded. I did find two little nanners this week. I suspect there were more a few weeks ago, probably right in front of a fan. f the seeds come from nanners, it threw them after I hand pollinated the xPRM8 f2s, as the pollinated buds have noticeably dried up calyzes and sugar leaves.

Here's the PRM7 cola. It got a little purple on me. The colas on PRM7 are swelling impressively. I like the bud structure in this plant best, with the stacking calyxes.

Old 12-13-2018, 02:59 PM

Now that I've let #7's hair down, I've found a couple more nanners. The nanners are hard to find on these plants with all the yellowing going on in the sugar leaves and the sheer volume of bud that needs to be inspected. They were impossible to find when the tent was stuffed full of vegetation. Such a pity that the most vigorous, odiferous plant has intersex issues. I think Charlie Garcia seemed to imply that the most electric phenos he found had hermie problems. She's also throwing new white pistils and swelling the tips of her colas, so maybe I'll hold off on harvest next week.

Six months since I popped these puntobiche beans, I've begun Phase II of my search for punto rojo. I popped six of the PR seeds from TLT and four have sprouted after five days. I'll probably pop a couple more in the next day or two if no more seeds germinate. My plan is to veg them for a couple months, take cuts in mid February, and flower rooted clones in early March.