Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 6. Breeders support and information

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2019, 01:50 PM

Thanks Musashi!

I've been testing the PR5 bud and it's a very good. powerful, dreamy yet functional long-lasting sativa high that is best enjoyed outdoors on a summer day. The smell in the jar is taking on that classic Colombian smell. Haze archetype? Maybe. Probably. At least it's close.

I planted a clone of PR2 outdoors. I also have a potted clone of PR5, the sexually stable one, that I'm growing outside for the purposes of making some seed. I'm thinking Punto Rojo x The Doors will be a nice outcross, resulting in hazy progeny that will be 75% sativa with Haze C and Haze A, and only a smidge of NL5 and skunk.

Here's the PR2 plant, which will also get hit with some pollen from The Doors.

Old 08-13-2019, 11:58 PM

Here are some Punto Rojos I have growing... from 1970s seeds that I saved. The one on the right is what I call a wire leaf. About one in five is like that. The others are slightly wider leafed. Typical in pure sativa Colombians from bag weed seed. No Haze or other farking strains in these.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Col cw.jpg (92.2 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg CWL cw.jpg (81.3 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by Big Sur; 08-14-2019 at 12:32 AM.
Old 08-14-2019, 02:38 AM

so is it like haze, but not watered down?
you ever grow original haze?

nevilles haze x mango and original haze are the newest seedlings im going to be looking through.

i didnt give the punto rojo seeds i made time to dry, they didnt sprout. but they were made by males so who knows.
maybe drying isnt necessary because they usually fall right out of the buds and sprout on their own if you give them a chance.
now the males are not throwing pistils anymore on the last round of cuts i flowered.
ill still favor the one that never threw pistils.

so it doesnt look like ill be smoking pure pr anytime soon, unless i get some other seeds, i know someone who offered...
but i will make some crosses to original haze, nevilles haze, g13 haze, C5 and others.

Last edited by jack hairy; 08-14-2019 at 02:46 AM.
Old 08-14-2019, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sur View Post
Here are some Punto Rojos I have growing... from 1970s seeds that I saved. The one on the right is what I call a wire leaf. About one in five is like that. The others are slightly wider leafed. Typical in pure sativa Colombians from bag weed seed. No Haze or other farking strains in these.
Great to hear you are running some of these treasured genetics, Big Sur. Do you have any males? I hope you'll consider trading with me for some pollen from any males you might find...I'll send you a PM. I have a clone of my keeper sexually stable PR5 that I'm going to keep outdoors for a while so I can make some seed. Maybe bring her inside to finish. How are your purple Zacatacas plants coming along?

Here's the PR5 clone in mid August. She was slow to root and got a late start. Looking to hit her with some pollen from The Doors as well as Angel's Breathe, as well as some PR. Putting some 1970s PR genetics into the mix could really spruce up this line!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack hairy View Post
so it doesnt look like ill be smoking pure pr anytime soon, unless i get some other seeds, i know someone who offered...
but i will make some crosses to original haze, nevilles haze, g13 haze, C5 and others.
Sounds like nice crosses JH. LMK if you want to trade seeds...I have some PR f2s where at least one of the parents was sexually stable.
Old 08-15-2019, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack hairy View Post
so is it like haze, but not watered down?
you ever grow original haze?

nevilles haze x mango and original haze are the newest seedlings im going to be looking through.

i didnt give the punto rojo seeds i made time to dry, they didnt sprout. but they were made by males so who knows.
maybe drying isnt necessary because they usually fall right out of the buds and sprout on their own if you give them a chance.
now the males are not throwing pistils anymore on the last round of cuts i flowered.
ill still favor the one that never threw pistils.

If you are referring to my post? Don't get me started on Haze. I have never grown (or seen) anything called Haze. Jack H. this year is as close as I have gotten. I will compare them when they are done though.

These are from Colombian brick weed. Pure sativa landrace. Small seeds. Hard to germinate. I had to use GA3 on them. They are slow to get going (seeds or clones), are late to bloom and long to finish. They also show the wire leaf pheno which is typical but less common. The high from this weed (according to my notes) is zippy and trippy. Roller coaster weed. Soaring high. Short lived high to it though. Gives you ojos rojos (red eyes). It has a high very similar to Canna's Mangobiche x PR strain. Old school.
Old 08-16-2019, 01:03 AM

Big sir that sounds delicious! I’d trade an arm and a leg for a sativa like that
Old 08-17-2019, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwwwww View Post
Big sir that sounds delicious! Id trade an arm and a leg for a sativa like that
I get that a lot. People want to trade me arms, legs and eye teeth for my old BSHW/Zac purple, African Black Magic, as well as these Mexican and Colombian landraces. Of course a lot of people think I do not have these old school strains, or that you cannot freeze seeds that remain viable for 40 years. But I do and you can.

We will see what these turn out like. I may release the genetics to small growers. Female clones and/or pollen anyway. Not sure about seeds yet. No way to keep them out of the hands of the seed peddlers who would gouge for $20 a seed. This particular lid (oz) of Colombian brick weed was $40. It had maybe 200 seeds in it. The Colombians excelled at seed production in weed. But they were giving away the genetics. We had debates in the later 1970s as to which was better, an oz of good Colombian for $40, or an oz of early local sinsemilla for $80. I leaned toward the seeded weed myself. Of course I also collected seeds. Most bags of so called sinsemilla then also had a few seeds. Maybe 10 or 20 in an oz. People did not know about herms or how far pollen can drift.
Old 08-17-2019, 07:16 AM

Here is the Jack Herer I have growing. Local cut from a weed store. The clone cost me $12.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jack H.jpg (90.3 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by Big Sur; 08-17-2019 at 07:35 AM.
Old 08-17-2019, 02:37 PM

have you grown it out before?
Old 08-17-2019, 03:31 PM

Can’t wait to see what you do with the old genes big sur. Exciting times