Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 6. Breeders support and information

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2018, 06:56 PM

I'm just a little up set that I was under the assumption that angels breath had the most haze a in it and it don't , I would have went with nl5/haze even though I hear it's not the same or kali mist if I knew this but life lesson learned , just will be put in the back ofvthe rotation I was hoping so much for this strain.
Bottlenecking? The classic case is the cheetah. I read a compelling article once that the Cheetah is a cloned cross between a cat and a dog. Cheetahs have been around for 1000s of years, competing against lions and hyenas. It is still the fastest animal on earth.
I suspect that "bottlenecking" cannabis may lead to the "highest" cannabis on earth. It's a risk I'm willing to take.
N.

Last edited by kief420; 03-25-2018 at 07:32 PM.
Old 03-25-2018, 11:12 PM

yeah, thats why we need to work together to improve the quality of information.

But your logic is a little faulty.
you would not choose a nl5/haze over angels breath because AB has no haze A in it.
neither does the nl5/haze.
you would choose nevils haze if you wanted to find haze A traits.
kali mist i dont know and not sure if anyone else does. i remember kali, and it was sweeter than what ive experienced from NH and NH hybrids, but i wouldnt think it was from the Haze C side. maybe a combination of both
Old 03-26-2018, 01:22 AM

I had kali mist and nl5/haze in the mid 90s and besides the kali having a little different smoother floral taste I believe they are at least from the same gene stock if not the same mother plant maybe just ran a little different .!
Bottlenecking? The classic case is the cheetah. I read a compelling article once that the Cheetah is a cloned cross between a cat and a dog. Cheetahs have been around for 1000s of years, competing against lions and hyenas. It is still the fastest animal on earth.
I suspect that "bottlenecking" cannabis may lead to the "highest" cannabis on earth. It's a risk I'm willing to take.
N.
Old 03-27-2018, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kief420 View Post
I had kali mist and nl5/haze in the mid 90s and besides the kali having a little different smoother floral taste I believe they are at least from the same gene stock if not the same mother plant maybe just ran a little different .!
We had the kali back then and although nice not as nice and we didnt keep her.
Old 03-28-2018, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackberry View Post
I think it is
5HzC1xSkHzA1=SSH and
5HzC122XSkHzA1=Mango Haze

SkHzA1 being a new SkHz father that Shanti find (probably on the beginning of the Mango Haze development).
and we also have a post by shanti

http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/2064-post27.html
Nh is made from Haze C male which is made by two pure haze parents from 1969....then the female side of NH is made from Haze A combined to NL5 or NL5Haze A where Haze A was also made by two pure Haze parents also from 1969 Haze A is no longer alive only Haze C male is along with several other different sativa lines. But plants with the lineage of Haze A are still alive and carrying the genes within. SSH is made up of Haze C combined to Skunk 1 or Skunk HzC which is the male side, the female side is Haze C combined to NL5 or NL5HzC the Mango comes from a parallel cross same as SSH but with one difference Haze A male combined to Sk 1 or Sk HzA being the male plant, the female is NL5HzC....that is the breeding of those three plants. Considering the Haze A is no longer a male alive, it still is alive in the ancestry of some of the plants used in all these breeds
Old 03-28-2018, 04:39 AM

I would love to see a double up on haze A
Old 03-28-2018, 04:56 AM

Nordle=afghan t x skunk#1 ibl
Afghan haze = afghan t x haze.
The g13 / widow = g13/skunk x the male used in white widow.
Many more mistakes in those lineages but nice job on getting them together. Needs some work but nice one on taking the time to put it together . looking forward to reading the end results once all the info is corrected! S
.........................Terence McKenna..............................
Old 03-28-2018, 04:59 AM

Also don't forget the mango haze original(testers) and the mango haze nowused different parents, which in my opinion is a shame as the testers were the better of the two.
Old 03-28-2018, 05:09 AM

The nevs haze of today is nowhere as good as the original. Nev used the last of the nev haze seed stock he made for his latest work. I think that's says something in itself. Notice the variation in the Nevs haze nowadays? Something going on there but only shanti knows the truth there . In our many phone conversation s Nevil told me repeatedly that the NH sold by MNS seeds today are not the original cross but F2,s. Shanti says otherwise. Why would nev make it up, makes no sense to me.I used to have full respect for shanti and still have respect for what he created, the white lines ect. But the whites of today and the whites of when MNS first started are just not the same. Wish I could post pics. Cannabis world website is back up and has the old MNS help desk, some of the original posts and photos are still there, check them out and have a good look at the pictures, you,ll see what I mean, but the pictures are all there . take care..S
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack hairy View Post
yeah, thats why we need to work together to improve the quality of information.

But your logic is a little faulty.
you would not choose a nl5/haze over angels breath because AB has no haze A in it.
neither does the nl5/haze.
you would choose nevils haze if you wanted to find haze A traits.
kali mist i dont know and not sure if anyone else does. i remember kali, and it was sweeter than what ive experienced from NH and NH hybrids, but i wouldnt think it was from the Haze C side. maybe a combination of both
Old 03-28-2018, 11:34 PM

sensient, thanks for your additions to the list, thats exactly the kind of thing i was looking for.
i really dont know much about the indica strains mns has, i have mainly focused on the hazes.

as far as the NH goes, im not so sure it isnt as claimed.
first, ive heard that shanti sent current stock seeds, not the old ones nevil made himself. whether that has any impact on the outcome is unknown.
ive smoked the NH selection nevil made from back in the day,
and i had a nice NH that came from current stock out of 5 seeds.
the classic was better, but given enough numbers for selection, i wouldnt doubt you could find one just as good.

strange thing about breeding, why would you want to keep secret the extra work you had to do to select a new male that produces good offspring, or to find a new mother?
shit happens and mothers and fathers get lost.
if you can put out a product that stands up to the original, why wouldnt you be proud to show what you have done to put that product out there, compared to just producing seed with plants that have been around and selected and mated by someone else?

so for that reason and just for hope that the originals are still alive, i will remain skeptical of everything casting doubt untill science can prove the genetics are legit.