Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 6. Breeders support and information

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2008, 04:57 PM

Default Unplanned fertilization

Ok,here is my situation.I have 2 plants one mr.nice ssh female and a foot away is a male skunk/haze cross from seedsman. I have to leave them be till harvest.So my question is besides having lots of f1 seeds, what can this cross give me in the next generation. Also my WW x vintage 70's seeds are in the same predicament but would be F2 seeds.It is to bad but the heat around here is ridicules so better to make only one more trip to harvest unless we get a drought!! Thanks for any and all feedback Shogirl
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vintage08 398.jpg (255.4 KB, 5 views)
Old 08-12-2008, 08:01 PM
barletta

shogirl - How far into flower are they? If the male is drippin, and the female is 'just' showing, you can probably pull him now and get a handfull of seeds. The resulting plants should be (mostly, lol) FIRE, based on the pedigree of the parents. Deffo worth the trip. The seeds from a fully seeded plant could cost you 50%+ yield AFTER you pick em out. If they are not 'flowering' yet (just showing), I recommend that you cut the male WAY back (lowest growth node and 1 ~1' up from it stay, EVERY OTHER growth node goes. Leave the big fans...). I know it is hot, but try to go early morning, or @ night (I know, lions, tigers, and bears, lol. Fukk that, I HATE snakes in the wild. Freeze up like a lil kid...). 1 trip to 'deal' with the male situation is well worth the trade off of some killer beans, and an otherwise seedless harvest. Fully seeded weed (like a male ~3' away in the wilds..) sucks imho. Good luck!!
Old 08-12-2008, 08:45 PM

Have you got a link to a sun chart and also barretta heat is slang for narcodics agents. I just love the heat. Thanks Shogirl
Old 08-12-2008, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogirl View Post
Have you got a link to a sun chart and also barretta heat is slang for narcodics agents. I just love the heat. Thanks Shogirl
If you think the heat is on now wait till September and October. the old bill will be all over the place = more chance of you being court red handed walking out with your harvest. you have 2 options pull the males or you dont I know what i would do taking the chance and walking out with seeded pot or not? you can make seeds at home.

depending on where you live? the day length shortens here( 51,000 longitude) is 2.5mins per day after june the 21st or about 1 hour less light per month. sun down today here was 8.45 sun up was 6am plants start to flower around 15hours light

Last edited by Mr green; 08-12-2008 at 09:04 PM.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:20 PM
barletta

LOL, the block is hot, holmes...

You still need to go pull that male. Go @ night. Yeah, if it's hot mid Aug, Wait till Oct1...
Old 08-12-2008, 10:41 PM
SativaFan

You don't want to leave that male. I really fucked up harvest by leaving a male around just for a week or so, and it was not in the grow tent.

You leave that male and you're gonna have a shit load of seeds, so called f2 seeds not f1, and not true f2 either. They will be like my seeds pseudo f2's.

And your fully seeded girls, and they will be fully seeded will suck for yield, especially if pollinated early on.

I can' see why you would keep it.

Sativafan
Old 08-12-2008, 10:41 PM

Alrightie then !! Chop it is!! Stay tuned for the execution video. Lite a candle to the ganga gods for me safety!! Shog
Old 08-13-2008, 05:00 AM

Back from the chop and still not showing sex but didn't want to take a chance so down it came. I thought I had my camera and reached in my jacket pocket and pull out my cell so I was pretty pissed for a minute but anyway I cut of the top third and here is a pic of the wierdest thing a two tone healthy leaf.hehe Skunk/Haze one side skunk and the otherside haze. The pic doesn't give the color justice but the yellow is more pronouced then the pic shows.What do you think guys,ever see this before? ps thanks for the candle and all,unnerving in the dark out there Shog
Attached Images
File Type: jpg supersilverhaze 099.jpg (89.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg supersilverhaze 088.jpg (236.8 KB, 4 views)
Old 08-13-2008, 05:09 AM

A pic of my grow and the indoor giant s/h and ssh on the right there somewhere.Notice the side shoots pointing up after I bent here for awhile and now it is in a diff spot in the gr and can straten up some and still getting the good lite. They are all at 35 days flower today.the outdoor female ssh still not showing signs of starting flower cycle.Might have to grow into Nov Shog
Attached Images
File Type: jpg supersilverhaze 066.jpg (364.1 KB, 5 views)
Old 08-13-2008, 05:18 AM
JessE

Quote:
Back from the chop and still not showing sex but didn't want to take a chance so down it came
Hi Shogirl
So am I understanding this correctly, you took the axe to a plant that hasnt sexed yet? With the main reason being your suspicion that its a male? Im guessing you had a good reason to believe it was a male, otherwise I would have personally left it right where it was until I was sure of its sex. With Sativas, you have to have real patience. But if you knew for sure it was a male, the axe is definitely a good idea if you're not after a few thousand seeds to play around with next season.

Looking good, nice plants.