Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 6. Breeders support and information

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2008, 04:35 AM

Default Does bending a hard flowering male top slow it?

A particular male is too tall for the dark box and I just tied the top over. Will it slow the pollens maturation? It is pretty far into flowering and don't want to trigger the wrong chemicals. I know how it goes with chick plants but I never did this with a male.

Thanks
Old 07-29-2008, 04:55 AM
SativaFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
A particular male is too tall for the dark box and I just tied the top over. Will it slow the pollens maturation? It is pretty far into flowering and don't want to trigger the wrong chemicals. I know how it goes with chick plants but I never did this with a male.

Thanks
I had my male SSH tied several different ways. Didn't seem to slow him down at all.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:03 AM

Awesome! Thanks for the fast answer. This is a sat-dominated hybrid. More sativa looking than its sisters. Fast flowering and stinks like fish emulsion yet none has ever touched it. Stinkiest plant in my house but it is a really repulsive stink.

My options are limited atm and seeds should be on the way but ya know they don't always make it and I would rather be safe than sorry.

Do you think that roadkill with poo smeared on it smell will transfer?

Old 08-02-2008, 07:29 PM
barletta

Hopefully? lol

Only 1 way to find out....... What plants are you crossing? I am not the genetic expert, but seeing as the roadkill is SO sought after and SO elusive (but it deffo does exist) that it is probably a recessive trait. Bad news for the initial cross, but you will be able to find the smell in the 'f2' gen and beyond..

I used a ssh male with a haze smell that is different than his sisters (dry incense vs. sweet deadstuff). It has passed MOSTLY the deadstuff haze smell, but the plants that carry the dry smell seem to be the winners, and more haze-heavy..

Cross him to as much as you can, grow the crosses, work with the line(s) you like the best. Free seeds RULE, lol.