Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2011, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
thank you Puday,
that is alot more info than I had five minutes ago.
s
no problem, don't mention it ... I've found many of your posts helpful over the months ... glad my two cents added up to something.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:06 AM
Scorpion

Quote:
Originally Posted by coop View Post
depends on what you got
ecsd
sd
nycd

Nev may be the most correct on the lineage
hi coop,
it labelled SD
Old 12-12-2011, 12:09 AM
coop

there's a lot of confusion of whats what.

There is the original diesel/day wrecker/headband. Which if you ask me may be one of the oldest cuts around, but that I believe is the parent of the chem line not the sour d. The sour d may also be an offspring of the o.d/headband but it was a clone only, so I don't really think its an offspring.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:09 AM
JessE

Quote:
So what is chemdawg?
(it sucks trying to sift thru all these made up names trying to trace genectic lines)
thanks puday

scorpion
Hi all,
All of the more modern strains, i.e the strains scorpion is talking about above are just renamed versions of already well established lines.

Our very own Nevil Schoenmaker had the first mail order cannabis seed company in Holland that shipped to customers all over the world. This seed company was known as 'The Seed Bank' and nearly all of the varieties Nevil originally offered went on to form the basis of the modern cannabis seed industry today.

In particular varieties like Northern Lights, Haze, Skunk #1 and a small handful others went on to form the foundation, or the building blocks of what nearly all others would use to form their own companies later down the line. One of the main reasons for this was the quality of the cannabis Nevil offered, which was due to a number of variables, but in particular Nevil knew enough about breeding to perhaps do all of us a huge favor by line breeding and stabilizing traits, but maybe also shoot himself in the foot a bit because others then were able to easily use Nevils lines to offer their own products and not long after compete with his business themselves.

In many ways, Nevil is responsible for a great deal of todays modern pool. Including the new wave of varieties, which are really just renamed versions of already classic strains.

Sour Diesel on the east coast for example has become more of a name that identifys higher end herb, more so than a specific strain. So you may find several different examples of Sour Diesel from one town to the next, which is a similar phenomena to what occured with White Widow in the mid '90s here in the U.S.

There are of course starting points for all of these names, but once they start to pick up momentum and popularity they take on an entire life of their own and begin to evolve and mutate much the same way as a virus would. Especially in the dawn of the feminized seed era, something Ive likened to the HIV epidemic of the plant world.

For those interesting in reading more on a related note, check out the link below.

http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/26416-post58.html
Old 12-12-2011, 12:11 AM
coop

flowering time will also show you what you got

The real ecsd is a 12 week strain.

The original diesel and chems are done at 70 days
Old 12-12-2011, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coop View Post
there's a lot of confusion of whats what.

There is the original diesel/day wrecker/headband. Which if you ask me may be one of the oldest cuts around, but that I believe is the parent of the chem line not the sour d. The sour d may also be an offspring of the o.d/headband but it was a clone only, so I don't really think its an offspring.
yes coop is correct, there are different diesels, sour, east coast, and NYC ... I agree with coop there. As for specifically, I can't say but they are all fuelly

I'm sure some others will pop up with some more specifics if available.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:12 AM
Scorpion

Jesse
so you dont know either then?
Old 12-12-2011, 12:15 AM
coop

the confusion really starts with rez and donny danko
chem and soma helped it out too.

But before rez and d.d published that article in hightimes I don't think anyone knew what the ecsd was
Old 12-12-2011, 12:18 AM
Scorpion

thanks guys for the info,I will just have to grow it and see for myself.

scorpion
Old 12-12-2011, 12:27 AM
JessE

Quote:
Jesse
so you dont know either then?
Scorp,
The answer to your question is simple, you could have any variation of the popular building blocks originally offered by Nevil. Considering there is no one single Sour Diesel, you could have the AK47 renamed Sour Diesel or the Super Silver Haze renamed Sour Diesel. It could be blockhead, G13 or any combination of the above.

As I had originally pointed out, there is no single Sour Diesel. There of course may have been a start at one time, but at this point you could have any number of renamed impostors. Are you able to track the lineage of your cut from one person to the next? If so, you may be able to narrow down your choices.

If you are unable to source the roots of your cut, you could have anything and it will ultimately come down to whether you like it or not. As its origins will forever remain a mystery, even if you could track down the exact point these names like Chemdawg entered popular culture.

Which if you check the link I posted earlier on http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/26416-post58.html, may give you some idea of where this Chemdawg stuff first started to pick up momentum.

Last edited by JessE; 12-12-2011 at 12:30 AM.