Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2011, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curious101 View Post
i grew out quite a few females and was quite unhappy...Aurora Indica from Nirvana has always been a fave so expected big big things from NL5xAfg. I had 7 girls and I didn't feel one fit the criteria in the strain guide. They all yielded fairly well, taste was ok, but the potency factor I felt was just not there in any pheno. It could be my body chemistry or something but I can only go by what i've grown. I deeply respect Shanti and all his work I just am a bit surprised this one made it on the menu, but then again Billy has a real nice lady. Just my thoughts but I am not growing her again and have quite a few beans left (roughly 60). I am donating mine to friends who are getting started or directly request to test her out.

From my personal experience Nordle is incredible and the king of the indica high's at MNS, but I have yet to try Ortega!

Thank you Curious! I take your results as completely valid and I have noted your previous comments on the strain. You're input is very welcome as it reflects reality I believe.

No matter how good the genetic line; we will sometimes get a pack with no great keepers ... I would assume that's what happened to you. I'm never surprised to hear a grower or two have results like that ... I have had it happen to me. But, I do have to look on average and make a guess knowing that it's a roll of the dice. If you know what I mean.

BTW, how did you end up with 60 beans of it? (as in, how did you do, in summary terms, do your selection and breeding).

Incidentally ... thanks for the recommendations ... yes, Ortega is "on the list" of future strains for me and Nordle is "in the oven" and I have another pack waiting .... attached snapshot of one of my Nordle's at about 28 days flower.

If the Nordle blows the house down ... there may be a delay in the NL5/Afg plan for sure!

OH! And the other big excitement ... the second shot if a close up on a first in my garden. I have a CBG Peyote Purple in the flowering room that's just looking like a wonderful plant and has, if you can see it in the shot, my first every purple tinged strain!

best,
rabbit
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2412 A - Copy.jpg (616.9 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2416 A - Copy.jpg (509.7 KB, 13 views)
Old 10-26-2011, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blabla View Post
succesfull grows with nl5/afg

http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/5-strain-...html#post61866

and this is similar to the good pheno that i saw

http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/nl5-x-afg...row-scrog.html
fantastic! Thank you blabla!
Old 10-26-2011, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badrabbit View Post

BTW, how did you end up with 60 beans of it? (as in, how did you do, in summary terms, do your selection and breeding).
when i saw this strain on the menu i ordered four packs so roughly 80 beans. I still have 3 packs from Shanti unopened and Shanti asked me to share them with growers in need which is what I plan to do. Maybe they can find the "one" and hook me up with a clone for the pack So they are not "homemade" but are infact the F-1's that Shanti sells
Old 10-27-2011, 12:16 PM

Quote:
when i saw this strain on the menu i ordered four packs so roughly 80 beans. I still have 3 packs from Shanti unopened and Shanti asked me to share them with growers in need which is what I plan to do. Maybe they can find the "one" and hook me up with a clone for the pack So they are not "homemade" but are infact the F-1's that Shanti sells
wow, that is disappointing that you didn't find a keeper out of a stock of that size. And, if I'm following the numbers, you found only 7 females out of nearly 20 seeds? Was the germination low, the male ratio high, both?

best,
rabbit
Old 10-27-2011, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badrabbit View Post
wow, that is disappointing that you didn't find a keeper out of a stock of that size. And, if I'm following the numbers, you found only 7 females out of nearly 20 seeds? Was the germination low, the male ratio high, both?

best,
rabbit
well it was a full pack's worth so 20 seeds...19 germed and 1 was culled due to mutated growth...had 7 females and 11males which is unusual but still a good deal of females to work with

***Don't let me hold you back, as mentioned sometimes you just get an unlucky pack...u may find a real keeper and make me reanalyze the whole line...if others had fantastic results i would grow them out, but until then i gotta be realistic and none of the gals were for me but others have found winners like Billy!

Last edited by curious101; 10-27-2011 at 07:56 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:41 PM

Quote:
well it was a full pack's worth so 20 seeds...19 germed and 1 was culled due to mutated growth...had 7 females and 11males which is unusual but still a good deal of females to work with

***Don't let me hold you back, as mentioned sometimes you just get an unlucky pack...u may find a real keeper and make me reanalyze the whole line...if others had fantastic results i would grow them out, but until then i gotta be realistic and none of the gals were for me but others have found winners like Billy!
Thanks Curious. No holdin' me back; already made that call as the pack's in the fridge! I will post the grow as it starts sometime around the end of November as it looks now.

best,
rabbit