Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2010, 11:10 AM
EnglishSpringerSpaniel

Default index of MNS strain flavors?

Is anyone else interested in the flavors associated with the different MNS strains? For me, flavor matters quite a bit in terms of selecting a strain and flavor info on MNS strains seems difficult to track down in some cases. For instance, the tastiest stuff I've ever grown tasted EXACTLY like sweet pink grapefruit. It was the product of selfing* for two generations and it had some really unpleasant intersex characteristics, but the flavor was fantastic and the high was rather clear and energetic.

I was under the impression Ortega was a possible source for this tart grapefruit flavor, but one of our members, Cabron, mentioned in another thread that Ortega was NOT the source of the sweet pink grapefruit. Is there another MNS strain that carries this flavor in one of its primary phenotypes? Also, grape is another flavor I've been hunting down...I've heard it's in Ace's Chitral Kush, but I'm terrified to correspond with them via email because their site is constantly getting hacked. Would MNS Devil have any of the grape/raspberry end of the flavor spectrum?

If there is interest, I coud start and update the index in this post as information rolls in.

ESS

*definitely unintentional each generation, and due to my sub-par abilities and resources at the time.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:38 PM

The Sweet Pink Pheno Was Originally Sourced ( Or Isolated ) By Breeder Steve And In His Many Articles He Mentioned Ortega As Being A Inspiration In His Breeding , So I Cannot Rule Out Ortegas Role.
Now I'm Hanging Two Ortega Tops In My Cupboard Right Now And Also Have A Dry Nugget To Heavily Sedate On Command . I Always Get A Groovey Grapefruit Flavour from My Volcano, So Always Smoke A Joint To Taste .
The Ortega Now Is Spicy And Deep. It Is Also Expando Weed ( A Small Toke Will Continue To Expand Inside Your Lungs After Inhalation )
One Top Thats Drying Gives off A Positively Fruity Flavour That Would Convince You It Was Another Strain.
So , Like Most MNS Strains , Each Plant Can Produce The Fruity Pheno ( Which Has Been Evident In All The Clones I've Been Growing Of Different MNS Strains
The Critical Haze Was Most Fruity, I.M.O
I'll Let You Know When I Taste Test The Fruity Ortega
Joe
Btw; Nobody Has Ever Sold Sweet Pink Grapefruit And If I Recall Female Seeds Grapefruit Was 75% C99 !!
I Believe S.O.L's S.P.G Clone Has Been Used In Both The L.U.I And Ortega
There Is A Connection Even If I Have It Back To Front
Theres Probably Some SPG In This Texas Resin Company ( S.O.L Inspired And Approved ) Texas Heather
One Image I Have ; It's Title Is Decieving - Turned Out To Be A Scam Seed Shop
Anyways , Man , It's Good Stuff
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dutch Passion-Ortega- NL1xUnknown Indica.jpg (37.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Frosty Grape For orpheus.jpg (71.3 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Gods Grape-pheno-june01-06.jpg (101.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Lavender X SWT.jpg (476.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg LUI And Co - very Happy Homebox.jpg (310.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg northern_lights_001.jpg (304.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Typical SOL Genetics-SWTxLavender.jpg (157.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Texas Heather Male- Eh CB.jpg (115.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg SPG-week 3.jpg (384.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg SPG- hortilab-sol.jpg (190.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg SPG- hortilab2.jpg (300.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg L.U.I-64.99 GBP- Ortega X.jpg (22.4 KB, 14 views)
Old 06-07-2011, 05:47 AM
EnglishSpringerSpaniel

Anybody else interested in this? Or just JKP and me? Well, I've had some time to run some more of The Cure, here's what I've found in 8 females:

- Bubblegum, like the kind you used to get in a pack of Topps baseball cards way back when. When I smelled it in the jar, it seemed almost artificial (much like that sports card chewing gum), as though it was an aroma from some cleaning product...not quite 'dryer sheets', but in that area. Only one occurence so far.

- Sour Fruit. I've had two phenos that qualify under this heading. One of them started out wreaking of musky shampoo, which evolved into watermelon...found this one on my first run and still want it back. Found something close later, but it was more of a sour apple and lacked any of the 'soapiness' of the first one.

- Skunk. This strain has a good bit of Skunk in it, and I found three phenos that were generally Skunky, although one stood out among the rest. There's no hint whatsoever of Haze, maybe a smidge of peach, and a whole lot of Skunk. And not that sweet Skunk either...skunky skunk. The best of the three is insane night time smoke/vapor...literally 100 percent of people who try this remark about its sedative properties.

- Oranges. I have distilled limonene (orange oil) in my kitchen cupboard, and you would literally notice no difference whether sniffing the orange oil or this bud in a jar. I didn't keep enough of it last time, because the aroma was so strong, it was literally giving me a headache when I'd have the jar open too long. Whereas the Skunky pheno is very sedative, this is something you can do in the morning and not have it ruin your day.

- Cabbage and Pepper. The runtiest plant in my first run of 8 seeds ended up giving me a very unique flavor...nothing sweet, barely anything skunky. This was straight up food flavor. If you are up on your Polish food, imagine a sourkraut pierogi crossed with a mashed potato/pepper/onion pierogi. I saved this stuff for the last episode of 'Lost', and it was just magnificent.

So does anybody else want more info on flavor in one place? Or have any strains/flavors to discuss?

ESS
Old 06-07-2011, 09:28 PM

The only MNS gear I have had in the past few months has been the early sativaish widow I reported on, but have had a few things in the past as well.

The widow was very deeply floral with roses, watermellon and ripe macintosh apples, palette was sour rotten limes or grapfruits with a sharp spice/black pepper nose.

I could tell it wasn't properly cured and stuck away a special ounce of it to cure over three weeks and it was amazing, the apple totally took over the perfume base and seemed to be fighting the sour pepper.

I think that the Widow and its flavour profile is pretty clearly evident in a lot of "original" west coast gear.

Widow, G13Skunk and SSH could probably keep a rezdog subcool right down to it's dna forever if you catch my drift....
Old 06-07-2011, 10:09 PM
EnglishSpringerSpaniel

Very cool! Sensimilla 13, thanks very much for the info on Spice...it was already on my list but just got moved up in priority Can't wait to hear about Medicine Man and Angel Heart too!

Bfskinner, I like the description of the evolving flavors from 'fresh' to 'cured', well done sir! In my one experience with the SPG flavor, the bud had more of a purely sweet berry flavor when vaporized fresh off the stalk. The characteristic SPG tartness didn't set in until it had been jarred for at least a week, and it accumulated gradually over the next month or so. It sounds like I may have to look at Black Widow sometime later this year, too

ESS
Old 06-07-2011, 10:22 PM

Nice descriptions ESS, sound like there is a whole rainbow of aromas in The Cure.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:38 PM
EnglishSpringerSpaniel

Default other breeders and strains

I guess there's no need to just discuss MNS flavors in this particular thread...it seems counter to the goal of helping everyone find their favorite bud flavor. That said, I think if we could get a comprehensive list of MNS strain flavors (and sticky it!), we might find that our man Shanti already has what we're looking for.

We should also probably have some indication of the type of high...for instance, I'm running through some Ace Pakistan Chitral Kush right now because it carries a lot of the flavors I'm looking for, but they mention very clearly that it's not the strongest buzz on the market, more of a daytime thing. I'd have been disappointed had I found that out on my own after having payed for it, but they provided the information right there in the strain description. Likewise, one might want lemon and citrus flavors but also want a couchlock sensation, whereas many strains that carry that flavor are sativas and produce sativa-like sensations.

ESS
Old 06-07-2011, 10:44 PM
EnglishSpringerSpaniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonkadonk View Post
Nice descriptions ESS, sound like there is a whole rainbow of aromas in The Cure.
Haha, funny you should mention that, wonkadonk...I had suggested 'Cornucopia' as the strain name after my first test run Thanks for the kind words.

ESS
Old 06-08-2011, 12:56 AM

Default ACE

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishSpringerSpaniel View Post
Is anyone else interested in the flavors associated with the different MNS strains? For me, flavor matters quite a bit in terms of selecting a strain and flavor info on MNS strains seems difficult to track down in some cases. For instance, the tastiest stuff I've ever grown tasted EXACTLY like sweet pink grapefruit. It was the product of selfing* for two generations and it had some really unpleasant intersex characteristics, but the flavor was fantastic and the high was rather clear and energetic.

I was under the impression Ortega was a possible source for this tart grapefruit flavor, but one of our members, Cabron, mentioned in another thread that Ortega was NOT the source of the sweet pink grapefruit. Is there another MNS strain that carries this flavor in one of its primary phenotypes? Also, grape is another flavor I've been hunting down...I've heard it's in Ace's Chitral Kush, but I'm terrified to correspond with them via email because their site is constantly getting hacked. Would MNS Devil have any of the grape/raspberry end of the flavor spectrum?

If there is interest, I coud start and update the index in this post as information rolls in.

ESS

*definitely unintentional each generation, and due to my sub-par abilities and resources at the time.
What's this about ACE being hacked? Is it something I should worry about?
Old 06-08-2011, 02:05 AM
EnglishSpringerSpaniel

Not as far as I understand, Bhang. Their website was getting repeatedly hacked in the August to October timeframe, but their email was hosted someplace else. I was talking to a member of staff via their email while the website stuff was going on, and he was later proven to be who he said he was. This leads me to believe that their email communications weren't compromised, just the basic web shell.

ESS