Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2010, 10:39 PM

Default Advice on what to order :)

I'm placing an order, I'm grabbing
1 SSH
1 G13 x Skunk
1 Ortega

I can't decide on the last pack I should grab I was thinking Spice, but I can't make a definitive decision. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. My only requirements are that it's something a bit different than the above 3, and should have a fast to medium fast finishing time. I probably would've gone with Critical Mass, but something tells me the smell would be overpowering for the area I have to work with.

I've never been blessed with the opportunity to try any Mr.Nice gear, I soon will though. If I could describe a plant I'd love to have something similar to it would be T.H.Seeds S.A.G.E. From reading this plant's lineage, it looks like it's probably just some reworked Shanti and Nev gear, know where I should look to find something similar here? I mostly desire this plant based upon it's flavor while smoking, it had a "tobacco" harshness to the first couple tokes of a green bowl. VERY distinguishable and unique.

S.A.G.E.
(Sativa Afghani Genetic Equilibrium)

Indoor
THSeeds brought the S.A.G.E. From the high mountains of central California to Holland. Named S.A.G.E. Because of its distinctive spicy smell and taste, this plant's Haze-y flavor and high will fool you into thinking it is a pure Haze variety. But when you grow it you will not experience the low yields of all other Haze varieties. The large yields you get come from the Afghani side, but without overpowering this plant's superior Haze flavor. For two years the THC percentage of the 50 varieties entered by all the coffee shops and seed companies entered in the High Times Cannabis Cup was established. The S.A.G.E. Scored 3rd(1998), and 2nd(1999) highest THC with over 20%.(see lists on page...). Both years this THC ranking was higher then any of the coffee shop or Seed Company Cannabis Cup winners! And the one year (1999) the S.A.G.E. Water hash was entered in the Cannabis Cup it won again. If you love to smoke, grow S.A.G.E.! Testimony from Rob C. Clarke who understands the demands of both the smoker and the grower. While the spice of the Sativa and the punch of the Haze is a connoisseurs favorite, huge Afghani yield is what the grower demands. To achieve best of both worlds, we have coupled the old-school Cali-Sativa with our chunkiest true Afghan breeder to produce a flavor packed plant. Just one taste and you will request what Cypress Hill, The Fun Lovin Criminals and Pharcyde swear by.
Profile: Type: Mostly Indica
Height: 120-140 cm
Yield: 300-400 p.s.m.

Indoor flowering Time: 60 Days.

Last edited by Ouchie; 08-18-2010 at 10:45 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:01 PM
Azra'eil

Last edited by Azra'eil; 01-19-2011 at 01:00 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azra'eil View Post
hi ouchie, from what i have read thseeds sage is big sur holy weed(which has some haze lineage) x afghan. i dont think its related to nevil/shanti work but i can be wrong. why dont you try it directly ? its the only thseeds variety i will buy if i have to, i have smoked it when i have visited amsterdam, its very good smoke.
otherwise i can suggest you la nina with 50% haze in it and 50% black widow(the real white widow) but the medecine man is in my opinion a great variety for medicinal purpose : more indica effect i think. what do you want an up high or a low stone ? lol

ps, the new varieties like angel breath and angel heart looks very very interesting if you want my honest opinion, i believe shanti took the best he likes and cross it.
I'm thinking the Ortega should more than take care of my medical needs, or at least I'll be so sleepy I won't care about them anymore I'm more interested in flavor for the last pack, something similar to newports maybe? Like diesel harshness, I really like that flavor. When you hit the bowl and you immediately know that was definitely something pungent. I guess "Sandalwood" is a good description of the flavor I'm looking for, with a bit of spice and tobacco hints.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:00 AM
Scorpion

MNS
SHIT,Black Widow,Afghan X Haze,Super Silver Haze,Mango Haze
Nevil's Haze

grow them in that order...

check back with a report when all have been well grown and sampled...
Keep the best male and female from the first two for future seed crops.

keep the best female clones from the rest and you will never need to buy a seed or ask what is good...ever again.

ps this will take about 5-7 years to complete in a small grow room,proper.

scorpion
Old 08-19-2010, 07:30 AM

la nina, or devil
Old 08-19-2010, 07:39 AM

Haha, I love you guys! That's 2 votes for LaNina, I did a check of the strain base on this one. The dried product looks superb, but a bit of a low yield. 2 votes for Afghan X Haze. I'm only hesitant about the Afghan X Haze because I was under the impression Ortega was a 100% Landrace Afghan (Northern Lights #1). If so I wanted to steer a little different direction than more Afghan. Spice seems to have nothing bred to it, and different lineage than the other strains, but I take your guys opinions and thoughts into careful consideration. I definitely still haven't made up my mind, and the letter goes out today ^^ lol better choose soon! I do like LaNina for the fact it's 50% White Widow 50% Haze, choices choices!!
Old 08-19-2010, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
MNS
SHIT,Black Widow,Afghan X Haze,Super Silver Haze,Mango Haze
Nevil's Haze

grow them in that order...

check back with a report when all have been well grown and sampled...
Keep the best male and female from the first two for future seed crops.

keep the best female clones from the rest and you will never need to buy a seed or ask what is good...ever again.

ps this will take about 5-7 years to complete in a small grow room,proper.

scorpion
You're definitely a man among men, I thoroughly enjoy your threads. Any particular reasoning behind these choices The only one of these I was ordering was SSH, I think the Mango and Nev Haze are mostly out of my time frame. Maybe I could be wrong, are there fast finishers?
Old 08-19-2010, 08:21 AM

If you are going to get another Haze I would suggest NHS. La Nina is great but it has a lot of low yielding phenotypes. It is my favorite strain but I would wait to grow it until I had my mothers worked out and my room dialed in.

NHS will be way more practical unless you have a big room with a lot of space to play.

Maybe check out Medicine Man.

La Nina stinks a lot more than my Skunky CM growing in the same room. There are phenos of CM that don't have much of a stink.

Edit - If you have any doubts about the NHS check out this dudes grow and see the light. go right to page 3 if you are in a hurry.
http://www.thcfarmer.com/forums/f38/...16/index3.html

Last edited by Ronin; 08-19-2010 at 08:25 AM.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:15 AM

NL5xHaze some 1 chopped at around 55 daze....
Old 08-19-2010, 11:48 AM

I seriously still haven't made up my mind, lol I'm leaning towards Mango X Widow now lol! Thanks for all the input!

Ok, I'm editing my post, I think I've decided, NL5xHaze. I don't think I can pass up this legend.

Last edited by Ouchie; 08-19-2010 at 12:37 PM.