Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2010, 01:42 AM

Default NL5xHaze, NL5xAfghan and Ortgea

Hi guys!

Poped 4 of each 2 weeks ago. NL5xAfghan and NL5xHaze were faster faster to pop than Ortega, one Ortega seed poped few days after all others, but now they show a great vigor (except one who is turning yellow).

I killed one NL5xHaze and an other one is in bad, I hope the two survivors are girls.

One NL5xAfghan is really tiny, but she has a chance to go to my flowering room I think.

I will put the NL5xHaze under my 600 hps till the end of the week, the others will follow one or two weeks after, will see.

23/04, 24h after puting them into paper

28/04

5/05 today

The 3 at the left are NL5xHaze
The 4 in the top (include the one above the hole) are Ortega
The 4 remainders are NL5xAfghan

Once all my plants will be in the flowering room, my plan is to kill the males, take two clones by female (in case of), and after the smoke I will keep one mother by strain (two or more if I find exceptional pheno ).

++
Old 05-12-2010, 02:59 AM

Thanks guys!

But unlucky, I have only two NL5xHaze alive (4 at start), if I don't have a girl I will be so sad! They are getting ready to go to my brand new flowering room, under a 250 MH for the moment:

12/05

Most of my NL5xAfghan and Ortega are healthy, some have yellow leaves, will fix that. They will all reach the flowering room next week:

12/05, the 4 in the front are NL5xAfghan, others are Ortega

And an "old" pic from 9/05:

H O O O H=NL5xHaze O=Ortega A=NL5xAfghan
H A A O
H A A

++
Old 05-12-2010, 09:10 AM

Smile

Hi Pyran or MOTM

As i already told you, i wish you a good grow with those brand new gen, and i am looking forward to it

Bigup

šm aka Tak
Old 05-14-2010, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by šunka-maslo View Post
Hi Pyran or MOTM

As i already told you, i wish you a good grow with those brand new gen, and i am looking forward to it

Bigup

šm aka Tak
Thanks, how about your Ortega/NL5xAfghan? Did you receive your seeds?

Here is 3 pictures of my babies, they are going really nice, and my NL5xHaze will go into the flowering room monday or friday later.

14/05, veg +19

NL5xHaze

NL5xAfghan

Ortega, still under my 2x55w tn, once my Haze will be in flowering room, I will move them under 250 MH

++
Old 05-21-2010, 02:53 AM

Hi,

Everything is going perfectly for the moment, plants are healthy and very vigorous, beautiful leaves, very Indica dom. except for one NL5xHaze.

Ortega will reach the flowering room tomorow.

Now, i'm waiting for sex declaration, hope for many ladies .

Ortega, still in veg, under 250MH, veg +26

Nice secondaries!

Aquafarm = NL5xAfghan (top), Flogro = NL5xHaze

I will scrog my NL5xHaze if they stretch too much (and if I have female ), I think Ortega and NL5xAfghan will not stretch too much as they are 100% indica dominant but will see!

++
Old 06-03-2010, 12:53 AM

Hi,

I have some cool news. They are all sexed now, and I have a perfect 50%.

About Ortega:
4 at start, the two big ones were males . The two female are a bit different, one is biger than the other, more bushy, but I grip main colas everyday.

About NL5xAfghan:
Same as Ortega, big ones were males, and I or the wind or I don't know what cut/broke at the base one NLxA. But I have clones from every girl, I will make mothers with the best and select after smoke. The one still alive is nice, seems to be very indica dom. with a dark green and fat leaves, but not to many branches.

NL5xHaze on the left, NL5xAfghan on the right

About NL5xHaze:
This strain "scared" me because I had only two plants, and so cool, the big one instead of Ortega/NL5xAfghan is a big beautiful female! And the small one was a male (RIP). She is really really fat, with many branches, she reminds me my NHS #1, same tree structure, will see if she is Hazy or more Indica-NL5 balanced.

++
Old 06-06-2010, 04:06 AM

Flo +17:

NL5xAfghan

NL5xHaze, she is the fastest plant I ever grow (only the fourth time but for a seed and more over an Haze hybrid, it's pretty cool!)

Ortega

Now things are geting more interesting, I will try to take pictures before the light turn on.

++
Old 06-06-2010, 04:25 AM

Happy plants, Pyran

I spy some clean DIY in there too!! Lookin forward to the show
Old 06-07-2010, 04:41 PM

Thumbs up

Hi Pyran

Long time i did not come and wow they are big now yeah!!

Really curious to see how they will perform in the aqua/water farm, as i will grow them in the same kind of diy systems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyran
Thanks, how about your Ortega/NL5xAfghan? Did you receive your seeds?
Yes i received them, i can' t wait before poping them, but it (and i) will have to wait a few runs before..

Good grow to you!!
Old 06-22-2010, 11:05 AM
Resinfinger

Default Flowering times

I have not read or heard for nl5afghan but this should answer your Ortega question.
Originally Posted by shantibaba
HI all

well Ortega was based on work from Neville and was a selection of an afghan which was also known Northern Lights 1. It was then consumed under the Sensi seeds label when Neville sold it.Breeder Steve made a selection of his version and it was a good plant.

I am using the old seed from 1987 of Nev, not a big selection came up but was a quality strain and full of excellent stable phenotypes. It is not an F1 seed but an inbreed line and after the selection work parts of it are being used in other hybrids and research work.

It tends to flower bwteen 6-8 weeks at 12/12, and enjoys a strong feeding regime. Unlike the large colas of flower clusters it produces flowers up the stem of medium size but density is on its side.

More in the medicinal range of plants for those with muscular tension disorders and for those who need to stimulate appetite and sleep...as far as i am concerned. But we can add to it everybody who does a thread to get a better over view....hope that helps a little Sb