Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2009, 08:09 AM
jaybutta

Default Hybrid A Test

Hi All...so glad you could make it...

First, I'd like to thank Sara and Shanti for this wonderful opportunity...I could not possibly be more honored to run these genetics...I haven't been able to calm down ever since I dropped these beans...to get you up to date, I waited until November 6th to start up...best time to plant according to the lunar calendar...

10 seeds were dropped at 10am on the 6th...first seed broke through at 10pm on the 8th...considering all the supplements not used to accelerate growth--Thrive Alive B-1, Nitrozime, Hygrozime, Superthrive--and the fact that there was no 24 hour pre-soak, I will predict that this cross will be very vigorous...jay
Old 11-09-2009, 05:49 PM
jaybutta

Good Morning MNS...good news...

Woke up to a nice surprise...6/10 have surfaced in the first 72 hours of planting...first one out only has 1 cotyledon, but she's not bothered by it one lil bit...the other 5 that are almost up are bitchslapping my soil...these seeds are benchpressing the sh-t out of my FF mix...one of them is coming up leaves open...jay
Old 11-09-2009, 06:01 PM
EnglishSpringerSpaniel

Very nice results so far...good to hear they didn't need a pre-soak, since mine went straight into soil too. What kind of light are you using for veg and flower?

ESS
Old 11-09-2009, 06:21 PM

Nice to hears Jay. I can't wait to see how things progress.
LS
Old 11-09-2009, 11:42 PM
jaybutta

Hey Ol' Cocker and me Lord...good to see you both here...

I've got exceptionally high hopes with this unknown, brand new hybrid...handpicked by Sara (Shanti's most prized genetic), the sky's the limit on this one, I feel...for veg I'm going to give some T5s a run...2 foot 4 bulb setup for starters...I've heard good things, and I do love to experiment...going to run multiple bulb configurations to see what this strain (dis)likes...I have special plans for flowering...more about that later...7/10 germinated, are above ground, and greening up...very light green glow to this strain already...nimbly pulled 3 seed casings off my babies...now bathing in the sunlight...welcoming them to this world...jay
Old 11-10-2009, 03:08 PM
jaybutta

Default 80% Germination

Hi All...hope you are doing well...

Germination Report:

60 hours - #1 popped
72 hours - #2 thru #6 popped
80 hours - #7 popped
96 hours - #8 popped

#8 showed up this morning...so very happy...two more to go, my friends...jay
Old 11-11-2009, 08:38 PM
jaybutta

Default Latest Greatest

Hi All...it seems we have a new addition...thank you heat mat...

#9 is making her way to the surface...only the soil is moved...can't see her just yet, but I know she's there...very impressive, Shanti...90% germination rate, some as quick as 60 hours without any soak...hybrid is expressing extreme vigor...even grwth rates over all...nice thick stalks...only one deformity visible (one cotelydon), but nothing otherwise...light green has transformed into a lush deeper green, and you can almost hear them shifting gears...these beans are genetic gems already...I don't know what Shanti and Neville did, but it's obvious that they've been busy...fantastic plants, people...honored to be a witness to this...jay
Old 11-11-2009, 08:56 PM

Off to a great start, jb's
Old 11-12-2009, 04:19 PM
jaybutta

What up, P Ditty...hope all is well with you...now just talking to you makes me hungry...

#9 is topside and greening up as we speak...slight damage on the outer layer of one of the cotelydons...not sure of the cause, but she seems to be over it, so I'm over it...had to go in after #10...I never leave a soldier behind, so I went diggin...found her...seed casing was darker, but seed hadn't cracked...pinched her expecting mush...turned out she had a 100% healthy, viable embryo inside...I guess the shell just wouldn't open...go figure...when I popped her, she appeared to stay in tact...I carefully and completely peeled her shell off, and replanted her...so, we'll just have to wait and see...fingers crossed...wish me luck...jay
Old 11-13-2009, 10:00 PM
jaybutta

Hello MNS...

#9 is having a hard time...cotelydons are ok...first set of true leaves aren't doing so hot...may have to let her go...#10 is alive and kicking...went in to take a peek...the soil was a bit moved...I redug her up to double check I wasn't losing my mind...the embryo has doubled in size and has a tail now...crazy sh-t...jay