Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2009, 05:27 AM

Lookin lush on Planet Jay Any unusual/strong smells early?

Paddy Shack, or "Nobody beats the Biz"? (maybe an eastcoast only joke, lol)
Old 12-04-2009, 03:52 AM
jaybutta

Cool Coming Soon

Hey Shack Diesel...how you doin'...camera is kick ass...I'm a pro now...

Yeah buddy...there are definitely smells...a wide range...nothing definitive...first it was citrus...slightly skunky...now it's rich...real test comes with the rub...jay
Old 12-05-2009, 07:09 PM
jaybutta

Hey thanks, Dawn...I'm happy you likes...check this pic out...go into my gallery...click it twice...shiny...

And this one shows her true colors...very blue-green indeed...she's also frosty upon close inspection...

Old 12-05-2009, 09:31 PM
EnglishSpringerSpaniel

Default photo skills+pretty plants

Nice pics JB It looks like all your plants are showing pretty tight internodal spacing...are there any lanky ones in your stable? Or maybe it's because you're vegging with flourescents and I'm using MH?

ESS
Old 12-06-2009, 11:42 AM

Thumbs up

Hi Jaybutta ,

Great to see the plants , excellent results , peace

MNS Wish List : NL#5Haze , G13Haze , MangoHaze IBL
Old 12-06-2009, 02:23 PM

Very tight nodes indeed. When do you plan to induce flowering?
Well done Jaybutta
Vande Braham kul kalankshamanam shree Rambhoopam Priyam.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:36 AM
jaybutta

Lightbulb It's the Floros!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishSpringerSpaniel View Post
Nice pics JB It looks like all your plants are showing pretty tight internodal spacing...are there any lanky ones in your stable? Or maybe it's because you're vegging with flourescents and I'm using MH?

ESS
Nothing lanky over here, mate...I believe it's the t5s doing their thing...lifted the light to make 'em stretch...jay
Old 12-08-2009, 03:48 AM
jaybutta

Hey redeye and Siva...

I appreciate the kind words...I'm doing my best, I promise you...not sure when I'll induce flowering...I gotta take clones of this stuff...too good to lose...jay
Old 12-08-2009, 07:29 AM

Keep on keeping on, jaybutta. Their looking nice & healthy.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:27 AM
jaybutta

Default 30 Day Report

Hey there Rosie...that's very nice of you to say...appreciate ya...

Hello MNS...we have much to discuss...time keeps on slippin into the future...

I will start with my day yesterday...decided to test drought tolerance for no apparent reason...I don't know...I got bored...left them alone all day...came back to 7 wilted plants...seeing as how I hadn't sexed them yet, you can imagine my mood...I was pretty sure I'd screwed myself...stress makes for more males...as you all know...or don't...I watered them and they jumped back up in about 5 minutes...no sh-t...thought that was incredible...was sure I'd pay for it later when it came time to sex...

Then, this morning when I got up, I decided to check for sex...I have not been doing this...I hate doing this...it gets very frustrating...I like to let my bitches come to me, so to speak...I checked the tallest ones first and noticed swollen stems at the base where the branches meet the meristem...I know that to be a definite sign of females, so I was happy...I then noticed that one of my plants was starting to show...looked to be a girl, but without the little white hairs I never declare one way or the other...call it habit...then, on about the third plant...viola...hairs...female...bingo...

I then went and checked the others...my thinking was that boys usually show first, so I was checking for balls...and guess what...6 girls in a row...couldn't believe my eyes...went back and checked the first two, and sure enough, upon close inspection, they were girls too...unf-ckingbelievable...the one guy who wants males, and I get a room full of chicks...now, I know what you're thinking..."you ungrateful bastard"...and to a certain extent, I feel like one...I only have two possibilities left for a male donor...the mutant-turned-"normal" #9 or the saved-by-butta #10...either way, I wanted to choose from a group of males, and that's not gonna happen...

Speaking of which, turns out the #9 is a total freak pretending to be normal...I will post pics soon, but she has some very strange things happening with her...she is guilty of repeated branch mutations...some of which I've never seen or heard of before...her stem twists too, which sets her apart from the rest...she has purple streaks along the stem, and at one point she has four branches growing out of the meristem all within about 1/4 inch of each other...very odd...but I'm rolling with it...you know how we do it...

#10 is like Obi Wan Kinobi in Star Wars...my only hope...I'm tempted to stress it just to make it turn to the dark side, but it's just not in me...if they're all female from this set-up, I think we've all learned something very valuable...in my mind, I only wanted 5 girls and 5 boys...I considered myself rather unselfish for wishing such things...now that I have all girls I'm really at a loss...don't get me wrong...it's by no means a problem...really...just not really something I was anticipating...live and learn...

So, here's the breakdown...

Seeds sewn on November 6, 2009
First seedling born on November 8, 2009

1 week under 23w CFL (100 watt equivalent)
3 weeks under 96w t5s (8,000 lumens, 6500K)

Fert Schedule (per 2 litre)

Week 1: nothing
Week 2: 5mL PBP bloom, 15mL Maxicrop (top fed)
Week 3: 15mL PBP bloom, 10mL Maxicrop (top fed)
Week 4: 10mL PBP bloom, 5mL Maxicrop (bottom fed)

Notes

Sexed in 30 days under 24/0...only gave them two "nights" sleep (between 6 and 8 hours)...occasional misting to keep the humidity up...no foliar feeding whatsoever...leached twice: once using plain water and once using a simple, mild nutrient solution (5mL PBP bloom per 2 litre)...tap water ONLY...let it sit for a week or two and reach growroom temp before applying...only blue lights...works every time just like Billy D says...never watered unless completely dry...to the point of wilt...resulting in thick stems and a strong root system...very low Nitrogen...which I think is key...when I read about that, I knew bloom was the way to go...pushing plants creates males...that's my take...many of my girls have started to yellow...I'm stubborn like that...even with yellow, they are indeed females...

Additional Notes

I've managed to collect some rainwater just recently and I'm contemplating using it on the girls, but I can't quite figure out what I'm going to do...I have filtered the water using a coffee filter...I'm torn as to whether to spray the rainwater on them (like a miniature storm) or apply the rainwater at 15mL per 2 Litre...

I know many of you are probably wondering why everything is in 2 litre measurements...I love to experiment...I never like to have more than I can use...recently I find that 2 litres is perfect for just about anything I want to do...call me crazy...one more thing...I never even potted up...normally they would be in a 4 inch container before they showed any signs of sex...Shanti, you devil...these better not be fems you've sent me...pics soon to follow...thanks for reading...jay