Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2009, 11:28 PM
jaybutta

Me again...I noticed some variations in the seedlings, so I thought I'd post my observations...

#1 has been caught and passed...I assume because of the missing cotelydon
#2 is a beast and doing very well...very vigorous, lush growth
#3 is just a smidge behind #2...very impressive growth...very attractive
#4 is shorter than 1 through 3...thicker stem...darker shade of green
#5 is the bitch of the bunch...explosive growth...tallest of all 8...ready to rock
#6, #7, and #8 all look almost identical...shorter and darker...just like #4
#2 and #5 are also easily confused...ferocious growth from both of them

#1, #2, #3, and #5 are approximately 3 inches tall
#4, #6, #7, and #8 are approximately 2 inches tall

All seedlings are working on their 3rd set of leaves, 2nd set of true leaves
All seedlings have not been watered since initial planting on November 6th
No ferts will be given until 3rd set of leaves have developed fully
All seedlings will be placed under T5s (20,000 lumens) starting tomorrow

All seedlings are receiving 24 hrs of light:
21 hrs under a spiral 27 watt daylight CFL (100 watt output, 5500 K)
3 hrs in the sun (which they love!)

All leaves have a shiny silver tint to them when placed in the sun...more updates to follow shortly...jay
Old 11-14-2009, 09:12 AM

Hi jay it's lot of info for these few days of growth.
Wish you luck. Diseases and pests, stay away from jay's plants.
Keep growing.
Old 11-14-2009, 10:12 PM
jaybutta

Default 100% Germination

Hi All...how goes it, Godfather...

I am amazed...#10 was up early this morning...took less than a day...both cotelydons were cracked when I popped the seed shell, yet here she is...a couple of brown spots here and there, but overall she's gonna make it...8 full days after planting she lives...I've never seen anything like it...what I find particularly odd is her vigor...her first set of true leaves are almost the same size as the cotelydons...no sh-t...now that she's out she's not f-cking around...so happy, y'all...jay
Old 11-15-2009, 03:12 AM

Ill be checking in on your grow often jaybutta, Im liking your detailed observations already
Old 11-15-2009, 04:22 AM

All right mate?
Following this one, looking forwards to some pictures
Old 11-16-2009, 10:17 PM
jaybutta

Default Switching Gears

Hey everyone...

Thanks for stopping by Rosie and whomever...hope you are both doing well...

All 10 seedlings have been placed under T5s...initially, I said the fixture generated 20,000 lumens...turns out that was for the 4' T5s...I'm using the 2', but each tube still generates 2,000 lumens...so, now, I've got 8,000 lumens sitting 2-3" from their tops...growth is fantastic...#9 is clearly a mutant...twisted leaves...slow growth...appears to be attempting to make normal leaves now, though...I'll be surprised if this plant turns 'normal'...#10 stopped growing for some odd reason, so I gave her a few drops of water to let her know I care...she looks better already...it's like she can see the light now...odd happenings in butta's world...all the rest---#1 thru 8---are working on their third set of leaves (second true set)...almost picture time...keeping the mutant for my own amusement...for now...jay
Old 11-19-2009, 07:08 PM
jaybutta

Hi All...got a little update for you...

Before I say anything, I don't have cool nighttime temps and it's not phosphorus or potassium deficiency...

#1 has mutated dark blue-green leaves...blue petioles...looks like blueberry
#2 has same colored leaves...fewer mutations...2nd set of true leaves have 4 blades, not 3...blue stem and petioles
#3 same colored leaves...mutations here too...blue petioles only...2nd set of true leaves has 5 blades already
#4 is smaller than the first three, but perfect structure wise...no leaf mutations...blue petioles only
#5 is one inch taller than the others...blue petioles and stem...only slight leaf mutations
#6 is very unique...short...perfect structure...no mutations...blue stem, petioles, and underside of the fan leaves
#7 is tiny but interesting...first set of true leaves has 3 blades...2nd set has 5 blades...ahead of schedule developmentally...mutated leaves
#8 is almost identical to #6...except one leaf has fused blades...same blade developement as the #7 as well
#9 is a cute little mutant...only the cotelydons look as they should...she's still trying to make 'normal' leaves
#10 is really doing it's own thing...still working on her first set of true leaves

All seedlings are extremely short and stocky...extremely close internodes...strong stems...incredibly consistent all the way down to the leaf color, growth rates, and mutations...T5s are doing an excellent job IMO...plants couldn't look happier...almost time to give them their first taste of PBP flow...I give very small doses of Nitrogen and provide tons of blue light...tubes are GE Ecolux 24 watt, 2000 lumen, 6500K...no smells yet...so far I like what I'm seeing...take care MNS...jay
Old 11-20-2009, 03:20 AM
jaybutta

Default Another Possibility

So...I've gone and crunched some numbers...trying to decipher A...here's what I have...

A is 2 parts Afghan, 3 parts Skunk, 1 part Northern Lights, 2 parts Haze

25% Afghan, 37.5% Skunk, 12.5% Northern Lights, 25% Haze

Skunk is 25% Afghan, 25% Acapulco Gold, 50% Colombia Gold

Northern Lights is 100% Afghan

Therefor A is 25% Afghan + ~9% (Sk) + 12.5% (NL) or ~46.5% Afghan!

The rest is a complex combination of various sativas...

Besides the ~9% Acapulco Gold and almost ~20% Colombian Gold...

The remaining genetics (25%) are all Haze, and I'm betting it's mostly the Haze C male and maybe a little of the Haze A male...I'm praying for Thai...if it is the Thai, as apposed to the Colombian, then we're looking at something aweful close to DJ Short's Blueberry...Blueberry uses the Oaxaca Gold, but Short says in his book that Colombian Gold is the closest thing to it...we already know Shanti has the chocolate thai hidden in the Afghan Haze...Afghan x Colombian Gold x Thai Haze is almost identical to Blueberry, but in a unique genetic recombination...that sounds s sweet...this all occurred to me after I started seeing blue...an MNS Blue Haze would be pimp...the Colombian phenotypes would be awesome too...another win win situation...Shanti what have you done...I think I'm close...jay
Old 11-20-2009, 06:10 PM

Hey Jay,
good thinking on your part but I have one question regarding your calculations. I always thought Northern Lights was or is 3/4 Afghani and 1/4 Thai? Maybe the percentage of Thai is smaller than that but I always thought it was an Afghan with a splash of Thai? Either way sounds good to me. Keep up the good work.

sp
Old 11-22-2009, 12:07 AM
jaybutta

Default Alpha Haze

How goes it, southpaw...keeper of the beta haze...

Well, the optimist in me hopes that there is a bit of Thai in the NL...the realistic butta don't tink so...if it's in there, awesome...if not, awesome...

Seedlings got their first taste of ferts today...I gave them each a bit of water to wet the top layer of soil and also to prepare the root system...I put 7.5mL of PBPbloom and 1/2 cap of Maxicrop seaweed into a 2L of tapwater (water sat for 2 weeks)...cotelydons were just starting to yellow...3rd set of leaves (2nd set of true leaves) are almost done...#1-#8 working on their 4th set of leaves...stems continuing to thicken...#9/#10 starting to come along as well...stay safe...jay