Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2010, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybutta View Post
It's important to look at the brighter side of things...in the process of making my mistake, I learned which plants are more sensitive and which are not...this is invaluable information for the next run...the indica phenos showed very little reaction, while the sativa phenos reacted almost immediately...now I know which ones want heavy feeding and which ones are happy with just water...so, as you can read, it's not all bad if we learn something in the process...take care...jay
I have run into the same problems...Some are vert nute sensitive...
Old 02-11-2010, 03:48 PM

So, how many days have you been in flower now?
They sound fantastic.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:36 PM
jaybutta

Cool Headstash

Yes they are, element420...lucky for us the second run will be more exciting than the first...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kal el View Post
So, how many days have you been in flower now?
They sound fantastic.
What's up, kal el...hope you are doing well...

They're right at 8 weeks...beginning week 9...fan leaves yellowing and falling off...colas still swelling...buds look and taste delicious already...definite melon flavor happening...smells like tropical death...tastes like citrus metallic spicey kush...so far no ceiling whatsoever...don't seem to be developing any kind of a tolerance to her...the real test will come after the cure...that begins shortly...as good as it already is, I expect it to be phenomenal after the cure...I've seen another plant like this, called Hashplant...the buds on this hybrid as just as much, if not more, packed full of crystal...the smell is very reminiscent of the Hashplant...deep citrus dank...the only difference is that Hashplant took forever in veg and produced very little bud in about 9 weeks...it was purely headstash, whereas there's only one pheno of this that I wouldn't expect to produce very much...and that pheno seems to have the most delicious buds on it...people guarded the Hashplant like it was gold...most people have never seen or heard of the plant of which I speak, but trust me it's out there...and this one blows it away...there isn't a Hybrid A pheno that fails to impress...they are all special in one regard or another...selection will come from the smoke...all the plants are killer...more pics coming soon...jay
Old 02-12-2010, 04:22 PM

Hey there JB.

I do know the plant you speak of, I have been growing for over twenty years.
My buddy grew hashplant, except his was a decent yielder. He never kept it more than 2 grows though. I just threw my ladies into flower today. How long do you think yours will go yet? Think it's a 10 week or 11 week flower time?
Old 02-13-2010, 12:44 AM
jaybutta

Cool Harvest Coming Soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kal el View Post
Hey there JB.

I do know the plant you speak of, I have been growing for over twenty years.
My buddy grew hashplant, except his was a decent yielder. He never kept it more than 2 grows though. I just threw my ladies into flower today. How long do you think yours will go yet? Think it's a 10 week or 11 week flower time?
Yo kal el...

So you know the plant of which I speak...small world...most people love the smoke but don't end up keeping her around too long...as for my girls, a couple look like they could come down now...not sure if it's because I've been starving them or root restriction, but I'm thinking they'll all be down in ~10 wks...jay
Old 02-13-2010, 01:50 AM

Have you had any non mutants mutate a little on ya? I chopped 2 males today because they are showing the problem with curling and pigment mutation just like the mutant I had....which made me wonder if it was something that spread or just didnt show on these others till now....

Sounding good...cant wait to see the finished product and a proper cure smoke report! Everything is sounding great so far!
Old 02-13-2010, 03:14 PM
jaybutta

Quote:
Originally Posted by element420 View Post
Have you had any non mutants mutate a little on ya? I chopped 2 males today because they are showing the problem with curling and pigment mutation just like the mutant I had....which made me wonder if it was something that spread or just didnt show on these others till now....
Well that does sound interesting, 420...no backwards mutations on my end, no...not sure what you mean by curling...my thinking is those might be traits...jay
Old 02-14-2010, 12:01 PM

looking good jaybutta so what do u like the sativa or indica of this strain mate?
Old 02-15-2010, 04:13 AM
jaybutta

Cool One Week Cure

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock1 View Post
what do u like the sativa or indica of this strain mate?
I like the blend...

The immediate sativa effects are nice...soaring high followed by a deep increasing creeper stone...3 hits puts me to sleep everytime...1 hit keeps me high for 2 hours...indica effects kick in on the second hit...ketamine is the closest thing I can think of...sit-down-and-shut-up type sh-t...very introspective and meditative herb...third hit takes you into nap territory...the cure is producing some EXQUISITE scents already...so many descriptions I want to give...not sure how accurate they really are or will be in the end...when the jar is cracked on a tiny nug the smell is fruity pebbles, skittles, sour patch kids...it's just a tiny nug off the #5...it's been jarred for one week...looking forward to pulling these girls down...right at 9 weeks...1 more to go...trying to be patient...this strain is straight butta...jay
Old 02-18-2010, 11:34 PM
jaybutta

Arrow #10

Once this plant is dialed in I guarantee you she will yield...wait and watch...