Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2019, 11:31 PM

Interesting. Throwing ChemDog into NorCal skunk #1 should help. Did Skelly HP originate from Old Ed in Amsterdam? He is rumored to have taken skunk with him to Holland from here. Pine and Anise in your bud would indicate sativa in there at some point. Colombian and Mexican landraces are full of lung expanding pinene. The fuel/gas is from Chem Dog. Father of the NYC Diesel lines.

I have figured out that one skunk line I have is really Erdbeer. A strawberry skunk line from Switzerland in the 1990s. Hits me hard and fast. It was all indica pheno, no sativa. Bowl full of bud tastes like a rush of strawberries. Erdbeer is German for strawberry. So it is aptly named. No dead skunk in this stuff, but a light skunk aftertaste. Like my Grape Ape cut, it smells like skunk late in finishing, but then that smell wafts off and the fruit flavor takes over. Not looking to breed RKS myself, I do not need that kind of attention growing here, but I have wound up with some interesting skunk seeds in trades.

Last edited by Big Sur; 03-15-2019 at 11:33 PM.
Old 03-16-2019, 03:24 PM

Skelly, also known as the PUCK cut came from Nevils breeding program.

The Pacific Northwest Hashplant cut was taken to Holland, and also Northern Lights #1.
Skelly is Nevils cross of
PNW Hashplant x NL1. Then Nevil used the F2 MALE from the F1 cross, and bred it back to the clone mother PNW HP. F2 Male... This created what Nevil sold as Hashplant. Cuddlefish HP is also from the same 80's stock.

He also sold the F1, but didn't have a name that I recall. I bought all of those original genetics in the 80s, but lost all of it to the feds in 1997. I also ordered from SSSC, Cultivators Choice, and a couple others.
Best stuff I ever saw still to this day is a Haze/NL5 x Hashplant/SSSC Sk1 that I got given to me in 1992 from a friend. Done in 42-49 days, but was 1st week of November outside.

Coastal Seeds sells the Puck x Original NL1. Called PUCK YEAH.

The Skunk DD VA uses is from Super Sativa Seed Club from the 80s, and are the genetics taken to Holland.

The Nature Farm Genetics also has this crossed to his Sk18. Called Red Eye Skunk. This shit is KILLER to breed with, as is the Sk18. SSSC Sk has Thai in it, a where the Sk18 has the genes of the Skunk, before Thai was introduced. SSSC Skunk 1 is Mex/Thai/Columbian/Mazar. Sk18 is Columbian/Mexican/Mazar.
TNF also gave Coastal/Bob Hemphill the 95 Black Domina cut that won 2018 Humboldt. Winner best Indica.
TNF also gave Coastal the Red Lebanese cut, and some other genetics.
Duke Diamond VA won Breeder of the Year at 2018 Emerald Cup.

Last edited by 59lespaul; 03-16-2019 at 03:35 PM.
Old 03-16-2019, 03:51 PM

Quite funny as i was just reading a few lines from sinsi tips magazine and the author was claiming the hashplant to be a weak smoke.
Dont know if this is the truth obviously as its just words in a old mag.
Also I was under the impression that black domina was released in 96.

Last edited by ENGLISH; 03-16-2019 at 03:54 PM.
Old 03-16-2019, 04:07 PM

Erdbeer grown oudoors in the uk
Old 03-17-2019, 03:49 AM

Nevil said the PNW Hashplant crossed with NL1 , then using an F2 Male backcrossed to the PNW Mom, was the most potent, frostiest weed he ever saw, or smoked. He called and sold this cross/backcross.. as Hashplant. This is where Skelly/Puck/Cuddlefish came from.
Black Domina was already out in 95.

Last edited by 59lespaul; 03-17-2019 at 03:54 AM.
Old 03-18-2019, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 59lespaul View Post
Nevil said the PNW Hashplant crossed with NL1 , then using an F2 Male backcrossed to the PNW Mom, was the most potent, frostiest weed he ever saw, or smoked. He called and sold this cross/backcross.. as Hashplant. This is where Skelly/Puck/Cuddlefish came from.
Black Domina was already out in 95.
G `day 59 LP aka AT .

G13 HP #1

Was the strongest he said .
Not HP x NL #1 .

Thanks for sharin

EB .
Old 03-18-2019, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 59lespaul View Post
Skelly, also known as the PUCK cut came from Nevils breeding program.

The Pacific Northwest Hashplant cut was taken to Holland, and also Northern Lights #1.
Skelly is Nevils cross of
PNW Hashplant x NL1. Then Nevil used the F2 MALE from the F1 cross, and bred it back to the clone mother PNW HP. F2 Male... This created what Nevil sold as Hashplant. Cuddlefish HP is also from the same 80's stock.

He also sold the F1, but didn't have a name that I recall. I bought all of those original genetics in the 80s, but lost all of it to the feds in 1997. I also ordered from SSSC, Cultivators Choice, and a couple others.
Best stuff I ever saw still to this day is a Haze/NL5 x Hashplant/SSSC Sk1 that I got given to me in 1992 from a friend. Done in 42-49 days, but was 1st week of November outside.

Coastal Seeds sells the Puck x Original NL1. Called PUCK YEAH.

The Skunk DD VA uses is from Super Sativa Seed Club from the 80s, and are the genetics taken to Holland.

The Nature Farm Genetics also has this crossed to his Sk18. Called Red Eye Skunk. This shit is KILLER to breed with, as is the Sk18. SSSC Sk has Thai in it, a where the Sk18 has the genes of the Skunk, before Thai was introduced. SSSC Skunk 1 is Mex/Thai/Columbian/Mazar. Sk18 is Columbian/Mexican/Mazar.
TNF also gave Coastal/Bob Hemphill the 95 Black Domina cut that won 2018 Humboldt. Winner best Indica.
TNF also gave Coastal the Red Lebanese cut, and some other genetics.
Duke Diamond VA won Breeder of the Year at 2018 Emerald Cup.
If you list NF as any sort of resource or authortiy, i suggest reading the history of Skunk 1. Nobody is pulling actual skunk terps out of skunk #1. Afghanis have always been where "skunk bud" is from. Pretty well known, and they didnt hit the scene till late-mid 70's. Mostly 78.

Hey Elmer bud! LTNS hop you're doing rad!
Attached Images
File Type: png BullshitSkunk12PNG.png (161.7 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by matthewriot; 03-18-2019 at 07:24 AM.
Old 03-18-2019, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGLISH View Post
Erdbeer grown oudoors in the uk
Lovely looking buds, Have you grown Ortega english? I have both growing alongside one another i find the only way to tell them apart is ortega has deep purple stems other than that i would say they're identical. Haven't grown enough to work out wether ortega is a P1 or Damsire in the line.

The interesting synchronicity with this is, Many of the canadians who had Ortega or (Mikado) same thing, ended up migrating to switzerland. The Ortega/NL line from that period is also responsible for "strawberry cough" Leads me to believe the apple doesn't fall to far from the tree.
Do things you enjoy but can't explain

Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Old 03-18-2019, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masey View Post
Lovely looking buds, Have you grown Ortega english? I have both growing alongside one another i find the only way to tell them apart is ortega has deep purple stems other than that i would say they're identical. Haven't grown enough to work out wether ortega is a P1 or Damsire in the line.

The interesting synchronicity with this is, Many of the canadians who had Ortega or (Mikado) same thing, ended up migrating to switzerland. The Ortega/NL line from that period is also responsible for "strawberry cough" Leads me to believe the apple doesn't fall to far from the tree.
No i have not mate although ive had my eye out on ortega since shanti re released it.
This particular girl had quite redish purple stems from the off and went on to develop the colours in the pics,
I think maybe your theories could be right
Old 03-19-2019, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGLISH View Post
No i have not mate although ive had my eye out on ortega since shanti re released it.
This particular girl had quite redish purple stems from the off and went on to develop the colours in the pics,
I think maybe your theories could be right
I have a erdbeer IBL with no PT, mine has violet ruby red stems. They're so similar it creeps me out - sort of like identical twins who are different shades of color.

I look forward to seeing your taste report in the Ort thread ;-)
Do things you enjoy but can't explain

Nassim Nicholas Taleb

Last edited by masey; 03-19-2019 at 06:42 AM.