Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2019, 04:46 PM

People are always posting about Swami here at MNS. When yall talk about Swami, are you talking about this guy?...

https://goo.gl/images/PTZcGg

Based on the blue orca haze that I sampled.... I'm surprised people are interested in Swami's seeds.

The buds I smoked came from a great grower, but the smells and smoke were very underwhelming compared to everything else.

Last edited by CannaFish; 01-22-2019 at 04:58 PM.
Old 01-22-2019, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannaFish View Post
People are always posting about Swami here at MNS. When yall talk about Swami, are you talking about this guy?...
no, talk about this Swami Organic Seed For Those Who Expect More Out Of Seed
Old 01-22-2019, 10:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Growstone View Post
You did basically say you couldn't make hash with sativa.. hence all the comments after you speak outta your ass. Constantly..

G `day GS

I do have good reading comprehension .
And that`s what I read too . Can`t dry sift satties .

I thought ; some kid big noting himself . It will only be a matter of time before some one who actually knows what they are talkin about corrects him .
I would have corrected him myself . But I`m tired of educating arrogant newbs .

Different sized screen is all .

But ,,, then junior want`s to deny he said it at all . OK ...

Thanks for sharin

EB .
Old 01-23-2019, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsupernice View Post
Wow ! means you could be the first to create a super hybrid from lebanese.

Do you have any picture of acapulco gold or colombian gold you have grown if you have ? and descriptions of phenos effect etc..
There are lots of Lebby growers out there, as I have been trading seeds of that for a while now. Blue Hemp, RSC and Ace have also sold a lot of Lebby beans in the past decade. Lebby is best for breeding to move harvesting up to September for places like the PNW. It also has light terps so whatever you breed it with is apt to be more dominant. It is also not that strong a strain in THC%, but has high CBD%. It has an even high but not the knock down OG crush that people seem to want these days. I smoke it a lot, as I like 2 hit weed. Easy to control the high. From what my friends in Lebanon say the strains are the same in the mountains as the Bekaa Velley, its the climate that is different and the mountain grows get water. The Bekaa Valley stuff is not irrigated so its stressed. They grow a lot of grapes in the Bekaa Valley for that reason. Restrict grape vigor and you get more intense flavors in grapes. So dry farming is good for that. No so good for growing weed.

I have never grown Acapulco Gold. I never smoked any Acapulco gold that was that good. It was middle of the road Mexican at best. Far better was available from elsewhere in Guerrero. I have grown Colombian Gold, but that was in California when film cameras and Polaroids were all there were. So no photos. Colombian finishes way to late to grow up here, as does Zacatecas Purple.
Old 01-23-2019, 12:18 AM

Yes Swami Organic Seeds, No not that swami select wanker. There's variation, like a lot of these seeds. That's why you get a free pack with every order. Personally I have had good luck with SOS. Have a look at their ig page.
Old 01-23-2019, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efesto View Post
Yes, a fictional group of organic seed producers.... that is what they call themselves. I have not heard great things about them or Coastal Seeds. Tall tales and odd hybrids. I have Maui Waui Cherry Bomb '78 from the same source that they got theirs from. Its a keeper.
Old 01-23-2019, 09:54 AM

That's what they've just started to call themselves. swami select put a cease and desist order on them selling seeds in calif. under their own name. Even though they've been around much longer. I think it's some kind of reaction to that. select is also a no credit given strain thief. My swami indica is berry glue fire. US sales only though.
Old 01-23-2019, 11:33 AM

Swami Seeds surely is not something like GHS or whatever.

But if they belong in the "Breeders Hall of Fame" is another debate imho.

The Blue Orca Haze thread here on the board and what I heard elsewhere certainly has me interested.

Mainly what interests me and most is Clackamas Coot's involvement and his "The One" story and how it is involved in (almost) all the strains they offer over at SOS.
That of course sounds promising but who really knows...

Don't think I can get them here in Europe anyway but SOS is currently on my "if I ever make it to the US"- list along with BOG and a few others.
Old 01-23-2019, 02:58 PM

On the topic of RKS, I'd like to know if anyone here can describe the seed morphology for me. I assume most of it was grown as sinsemilla, and that bagseed was rare? Any characteristic seedling leaf morphology or plant structure features? How early in veg did it start to give off odors that set it apart as RKS?

The reason I ask is because I have been contacted by someone who wants to gift me a portion of a seed collection that dates from 1977 to 1984. Interestingly, this seed collection has been kept frozen and I'm told the seeds are viable without extreme germination measures. I'm told they are mostly sativas with some skunks and a few heavy Indicas. So there could be some RKS beans in there, and I'd like to know what to look out for in the seeds themselves and in the seedlings.

Jesus, finding RKS in old seeds would be a holy grail; not mine personally but for a lot of others.
Old 01-23-2019, 03:36 PM

^^^super cool! Best of luck!

I think the final product is the ONLY way you'll be able to judge.

Who's version of which skunk archetype would you decide to look for?

Here's a common scenario that bothers me WAY more than it should. Leaf Morphology as an indicator of % of sativa.

IMO, the leaf morphology is a red herring because wide leaves seem to be a dominant trait. Add to that, each plant can make different versions of fan leaves depending on the environment, but especially, what phase of growth.

It's always the effect that is most important TO ME. Others important points are speed, yield, disease resistance, but they are secondary to effect.