Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS Forums > 4. Talk to Shantibaba and MrNice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2011, 10:57 PM

Question How safe is this site?

All,

I been pondering security issues more than usual recently. While I understand, that we are never completely safe, I'd like to think of myself as a pretty thorough person. Up until my very minor contributions to this forum I've lived by a very strict code of conduct. My belief was that as long as I follow my code, the safety of myself and family would not be compromised.

I've never had a reason to break my code but this site inspired me to attempt contributions to the community when I could. I still feel this forum is a diamond in the ruff full of kind and intelligent people with the goal of furthering our understanding of cannabis genetics and helping one another find treatments to our ailments but as most of you have noticed; the climate is changing. Intellectual debates are turning into personal battles. People's "Canna-Egos" are being hurt. Some people stake so much of their self worth on their reputations within the cannabis world that they become more willing to retaliate to intellectual opposition in progressively detrimental ways.
This draws unwanted attention from all sides of the debate, including from those who are out to do us legal harm and that would love nothing more than to find one of us in their cross-hairs.

While I believe our cause is right and noble, each one of us must weigh the pros and cons of entering the public forum.

I medicate to be a better partner. I medicate to be a better father. In the end, I medicate to be a better person but I would gladly go back to being zombie in order to protect those I love. Do our contributions to this site put us in greater danger than we already are?

So to the point...

How safe is this site?

Last edited by Scrog; 01-18-2011 at 11:00 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:59 PM

upload and/or post from non grow ip/locations, use proxies, ip/mac spoofers, open waps, etc. posting here does leave trails no matter how careful you are. leased sever space nl is better than usa but as recently noted sites (and their security and data) are compromised all the time--realistically leo is not going to bust down your door based on mrnice unless you give him reason (commercial grows, trading/selling goods, exchanging addresses, emails, pics or other sensitive data that later ends up in wrong hands). some sites like cw and m emery went down pretty hard, other like gn and icmag still chug on. all mns founders have had runs ins with leo at some point so you gotta take it with a grain of salt. but again if you are not commercial I would not worry.........
Old 01-19-2011, 04:29 AM
Banned

wa, its amazing! thanks a lot ,i learned a lot!
im a newbie here! happy to know you!nice forum!
Old 01-19-2011, 06:22 AM

As far as I understand, the data on the server is safe. If LEO busts the server, no IP adresses can be found. That's all the security admini can give, that's all the hardware he has full control over.

Everthing on the way to the server is your part.