Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS Forums > 4. Talk to Shantibaba and MrNice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2011, 11:59 AM
Banned

Thumbs down Chat with respect, ignore peeps or lose the site! It's up to you, guys & gals!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantibaba
Hi All

Well I resisted coming to Freekland but unfortunately I am in charge and responsible for all what people say and do at this site, singularly!

Just wanted to remind you all are my guests and at my funpark ultimately and it is normal to have my helpers to help out...but at the end of the day I AM RESONSIBLE, NO ONE ELSE! So I am going to request everybody from now on to either talk topic or stop it! I do not feel to answer the hundreds of mails a day I get when 50% are pm about name calling...AFTER OVER A DECADE OF ONLINE SUPPORT TRYING TO SET AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT THE INDUSTRY SHOULD DO NOT TALK TO DO...I FEEL LIKE WE ALL WALKED BACKWARDS AND I DO NOT LIKE IT.

So topic or pm people but air your opinions of other people somewhere it is not going to take anymore effort for me...otherweise I feel to wind up the site and call it a day. This is not aimed at JF or HEMPY or NEvil or Admini or anyone else....IT IS FOR US ALL!!!!!!! So today the buck stops here, I drew the line in the sand and now really mean it as I reached a point. So if this is too much to handle for some then relinquish your membership and call it a day...otherwise plant info and information relatingt to our common goal.

We are a team of like minded enthusiast trying to help our fellow man with a plant from Mother Nature...nothing more nothing less. Get on with that and you will make me happy again.

Show me we are capable to talk to adversaries aimicably and civilly, and I will lay a golden egg.

All the best to those who stop All The Pests...for the rest, god bless......

Shantibaba has ruled on this and it is final.Here endith the lesson.
Shanti, that would be one sad day if you did elect to close the site down.

I have enjoyed my time here since joining back in January last year (it's my one year anniversary in five days ). I've spoke to people over that time and gradually built what I call friendships. This said, there are still people I wish to befriend and if the site were to be closed then this wouldn't be a possibility.

Along with the friendships I feel I have learnt a lot from the Mr Nice website through various grow logs, informative threads and helpful posters/members.

The once chilled atmosphere here was something that I didn't find at most other pot sites that I visited. There always seemed to be bickering over who grew the biggest, bestest, stankiest bud or who had the best techniques to achieve the best results or which breeders were the best etc etc, so to come to Mr Nice and see the chilled, intelligent and helpful conversations was a breath of fresh air.

I must admit, I am guilty of bringing a certain amount of negativity over here to Mr Nice when I first joined, I would like to think that since then I have moved forwards with how I speak to people and how I conduct myself.

With the best interests of the Mr Nice site at heart, if you can't do what Shanti asks in his house "Show me we are capable to talk to adversaries aimicably and civilly", then could you please take the next best step and IGNORE the member you see as being unhelpful, troublesome or pig headed. If you see something even more inappropriate like racism, threats of violence or someone being called out in public then please report this to Admini.

Shanti has tried a few times now to bring an air of calm over the site after certain people have gone of the rails crapping on threads, throwing insults and behaving in a childish manner. Shanti has better things to do with his time then to come here and quell disruptive people - namely looking after his family, breeding plants, running a successful business and sharing his Cannabis knowledge with all of us. That leaves very little time for refereeing arguments, respect that.

In one way it's great that MNS doesn't ban people for good (Groversativa being an exception), but ultimately this could be the downfall of Mr Nice, why's that? Well if you can't ban the disruptive element that doesn't wish to change and is here to cause division, then they are going to continue being disruptive and Shanti is going to feel the need to close the site down - an agent provocateur must also be rubbing his/her hands with glee at this prospect. I know you don't want to perma-ban people Shanti, but maybe for the hardcore disruptive people it should be an available option? I mean why close a site down that means so much to so many for the sake of a few bad apples causing trouble amongst the ranks?

Back to the reason why most of us are here - growing - my latest grow log will be up soon. Super Silver Haze x Black Widow.....yummy yum yum!

P.S, I would like to reiterate a point I touched on earlier........

If you can't get along with someone, if you find somebody offensive, then please please IGNORE THEM with the ignore button on the 'User CP' panel - if you do this instead of choosing to feed the troll then maybe Mr Nice will have a future, if you don't then you will contribute to the downfall of this great pot forum.

I've said my piece, lets all move forward guys and gals. Were all here for Mary-Jane and her beneficial properties, just remember that! Lets turn negative energy into positive energy, after all the world might end in 2012.

Peace.

Red.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:52 PM
bigherb

i for one feel exactly the same for several obvious reasons ,i dont care to list or wish to discuss caz it will not change anything .if i feel strongly enough to voice my opion i will and i have ,but only for great reason and i know my limit .

i read more than i post .we all dont have postive feelings about life or each other but i think you should only post if you have somthin positive to contribute no matter how minute it might be .ive felt in recent times that its the total opposite vibez of wat the mns site use to be

im happy that shanti put this message out ,becaz somthin needs to be done asap

we spoke a while back about getting hit with that wave of good vibez well ,i hope today is anew day
Old 01-11-2011, 12:56 PM

please peeps listen to Shantibaba I like it here and dunno where I would get my daily fix of Mr N reading...I don't like it thats why I choose not to post in those threads please do the same and soon it will all go away..
Old 01-11-2011, 01:00 PM

I like to try and see the bright side in everything and one thing that made me nearly laugh out loud for real, was this..

Quote:
I do not feel to answer the hundreds of mails a day I get when 50% are pm about name calling
I mean, cmon really!?? Do people actually do that?

Shaking my head in disbelief here..

e2a: Usually when someone calls me names I just run and tell my mom. [/sarcasm]

Its Nice To Be Important.. But Its More Important To Be Nice..

Last edited by Doobz; 01-11-2011 at 01:04 PM.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:19 PM
EnglishSpringerSpaniel

Default an idea for the site

I also frequent a few other forums (mushrooms, other entheogens) and one of them has a pretty novel approach for integrating new members. The forum is separated in two parts, the normal forum and 'the nursery'. The normal forum has lots of great detail on extractions, dosages, experiences, etc., but you can't just start posting on the normal forum as soon as you sign up. You must first post in the nursery, and existing members determine if you are capable of participating in rational discussions on the normal forum based on your conduct. You could get promoted after your first post, or you could post there every day and never get promoted...post count isn't relevant, content and conduct is.

What this does is clear out the riff-raff from otherwise intelligent discussions. Imagine the Fem bean thread without the antagonizers and name-callers...what would be left is a very interesting, easily digestable (in a viewing sense...the info is still pretty high-brow) forum thread instead of the out-of-control snowball it turned into. I can think of a few other threads that would benefrit as well.

The problem with implementing something like this is that it can be seen as elitism, and it could discourage new members from joining up if they feel like they shouldn't have to 'earn' the right to participate in advanced cannabis discussions. That's pretty much how I felt when I first joined this entheo-site I'm referring to. However, the results are absolutely worth it....the difference between the 'nursery' and the real forum in that instance is like the difference between a kindergarten class and a professor's lecture.

I hope we get past all the nastiness. This is a great place to learn when there isn't a pooh-flinging session underway

ESS
Old 01-11-2011, 01:41 PM
madzonga

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishSpringerSpaniel View Post
The forum is separated in two parts, the normal forum and 'the nursery'. The normal forum has lots of great detail on extractions, dosages, experiences, etc., but you can't just start posting on the normal forum as soon as you sign up. You must first post in the nursery, and existing members determine if you are capable of participating in rational discussions on the normal forum based on your conduct. You could get promoted after your first post, or you could post there every day and never get promoted...post count isn't relevant, content and conduct is.

Great idea, however, some senior/longtime MNS members are not giving a great example themselves

On the other hand ICMAG\Mr. Nice Seeds section is much calmer. Go figure lol

peace

Old 01-11-2011, 02:19 PM
hempy

Quote:
Originally Posted by madzonga View Post
Great idea, however, some senior/longtime MNS members are not giving a great example themselves

On the other hand ICMAG\Mr. Nice Seeds section is much calmer. Go figure lol

peace

See you guys act all nice yet throw in a hook punch and expect no reaction why not led by example ?.

Even Jesus Christ wiped the bankers for there wrongs.

I respect shanti and many of the members of this site and i and the rest of the members that have been here a long time love this site as i hope the new members filling this site do to and will over time.

I will delete my account and walk away as will many before this site is closed in all honesty if people think most are here to just be trolled or spend there on line time in arguments you are mistaken why do you think this site was born in the first place to sell Mr nice seed no there genetics sell regardless the site was created for people to come hang out talk about grows and related topics with out having mods edit control what is being posted it is a site that has given its members freedom.

Respect gains respect trust is ernt as they say.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:54 PM

Keep in mind there are people who would like nothing more than to see Mr. Nice forum fold. They might seek to cause disruption themselves, or send others to do their bidding. See through the nonsense. Think before instinctively replying to insults and jabs. Be Nice.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:21 PM
Resinfinger

I'm fairly new to being online and posting about weed. The members of this site are very knowledgable and I would hate to lose that. I lurk almost everyday and recently I've tried to stick to my own threads or help others with questions.
Mr nice is hands down the best genetics. Let's make this site the best place to learn and share ideas.

If everyone made a point to help another member everytime they log in then there is no limit on OUR success.

I have not been an angel on this site in the past but I have refrained from arguing since then. Please respect others views and opinions.

If you feel the need to argue or post negatively ask yourself what would shanti want me to do.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:48 PM

i think that that is what the trouble makers want. for you to shut the site down,from being aggravated. then we all would not be able to acquire the world best genetics with out jumping threw hoops. just my 2 cents.