Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS Forums > 4. Talk to Shantibaba and MrNice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2010, 11:17 PM
british_hempire

The story on Cindy is that they found some seeds in a bag of buds they bought in the old Sensi Seeds Coffeeshop. The bag was labelled Jack Herer. They got three females, one they called Princess, one they called Cafe Girl and one they called Genius.

Cinderella 99 is the result of outcrossing the Princess to a Shiva Skunk male then doing several backcrosses.

I think that the buds they got could well have been Jack Herer but it was probably a very NL dom Jack. God knows what the pollen source that made those bagseeds was, could have been anything, it was almost certainly pollen from a male rather than a hermie as Bros Grimm never found any hermie problems in their subsequent work with the three females from those bagseeds.

Cindy 99 reminds me a lot of NL so maybe the seeds they got were NL dom Jack Herer x NL but who knows, it's one of those mysteries that will never be answered unless someone is able to genetically profile Cindy 99. Someone should send Nev some C99 buds and see what he thinks the lineage is, I bet he would think it's mostly NL genes with a very small touch of Haze.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:38 PM

I could read this info all day long. Thanks for sharing, BH.

I haven't been able to find a good description of the difference between the NL5Hz's Shantibaba used for MH and the one Nevil used for SSH. Do you know?
Old 10-08-2010, 11:41 PM
british_hempire

I'm afraid I don't. They did a huge grow of thousands of NL5 x Haze and Neville picked a female which became the mother of SSH, Shanti picked a different female and that became the mother of Mango Haze. The A5 and C5 cuts come from that grow and A5 is a mango smelling/tasting plant, I expect it is similar to Shanti's selection that went into Mango Haze.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:53 PM

Thanks, BH. I think I did read that somewhere. I'm ingesting too much info probably...takin' a step back.

I'm first time MNS with MH on the way, BTW. Doing some research to learn what kind of phenos I can anticipate. I guess that's my real question. I read the entire MH thread today, I'm probably just being impatient.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:57 PM
british_hempire

Hehe, it's all good man. Don't blame you at all for getting itchy to try the MH, I have never run it but I have heard only great things about her, pretty much everyone reckons MH is as good as SSH and SSH is shit hot so I am sure MH is also.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:59 PM

Hey BH great thread!

Soma is another one that capitalized on Nevilles work and High Times writing.

I remember hearing/reading somewhere that there was a couple of NL x SK (Shiva Skunk) males that did not get culled until late and they were the most likely pollen source of the Princess family.?

Kb 8)~_
Old 10-09-2010, 12:01 AM

I'm sure it is too.

"Nice" to meet you BTW.

You'll be hearing from me and my MH soon.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:09 AM
british_hempire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylebroflovski View Post
Hey BH great thread!

Soma is another one that capitalized on Nevilles work and High Times writing.

I remember hearing/reading somewhere that there was a couple of NL x SK (Shiva Skunk) males that did not get culled until late and they were the most likely pollen source of the Princess family.?

Kb 8)~_
First time I met Soma I thought there was something not right about him, just got this vibe that didn't jive with the way he looks, like he was portraying a character rather than being his true self. As I got to know more about him I learnt I was right, he's a smart guy with a sharp brain for business, to me, his image is mostly marketing. His breeding work has never impressed me in that he has never done any real selection, his entire catalogue is based on 13 skunky cuts he brought from the US and two males, one given to him by Shanti and the other the only seed that popped out of an old pack of G13Haze. Hell, if Shanti handed me a shit hot male I could have a great seed catalogue too, just hit all the best female cuttings I can lay my hands on and sell the F1s.

I've not heard that story relating to Cindy but it sounds about right, I could very much believe it to be true. I wonder if Nev was still at Sensi when that Jack was grown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannatari View Post
I'm sure it is too.

"Nice" to meet you BTW.

You'll be hearing from me and my MH soon.
Likewise mate, always pleased to meet nice folks and share info.

Look forward to hearing and seeing more about your MH, you might persuade me I need to run it after I'm done with the SSH I have going now.
Old 10-09-2010, 01:43 AM
Breeder

Quote:
I wonder if Nev was still at Sensi when that Jack was grown?
The JH came out of a batch that made before ending up in jail. My ex manager grew this batch out when I was in jail or shortly after I got out (so he told me). It was a stand out indica type reminisent of the NL5. It was quick too, 8 weeks. Most of the siblings were stretchy sativa types. I tested the same batch again, but didn't find another one. If you do the numbers with something with even 25% NL5, you will find types that lean to the NL5. This was one. They pop up in the NH too, but until now they haven't been the best ones.
N.
Old 10-09-2010, 02:07 AM
british_hempire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevil View Post
The JH came out of a batch that made before ending up in jail. My ex manager grew this batch out when I was in jail or shortly after I got out (so he told me). It was a stand out indica type reminisent of the NL5. It was quick too, 8 weeks. Most of the siblings were stretchy sativa types. I tested the same batch again, but didn't find another one. If you do the numbers with something with even 25% NL5, you will find types that lean to the NL5. This was one. They pop up in the NH too, but until now they haven't been the best ones.
N.
Very interesting Nev, Cindy 99 is an 8 weeker and like I say, it reminds me of NL with a touch of sat added, I guess we can safely say Cindy has a lot of NL5 in it and it definitely came from your work at Sensi.

Damn, all these years we have been wondering about these things and now you're here to ask we are answering soooo many 'mysteries'. Happy days.