Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS Forums > 4. Talk to Shantibaba and MrNice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2010, 04:44 AM
Breeder

I don't know what Ed is calling Maple leaf.
Ortega 15 was Maple leaf. This was crossed with AfgTx Sk and AfgS x sk males.
AfgT and AfgS were both sisters and pure maple leaf. Maybe Ed thought that AfgS meant Afg(Sam). It doesn't. The hybrid Ed is talking about is 3/4 Maple Leaf.
N.
Old 08-27-2010, 05:44 AM
Breeder

"It barely branches at all, almost like indican bamboo... pretty much a straight stem with almost no branching.. buds cure super dark almost black, dense and resinated."

A good description of NL1. Maybe ML1 meant MLxNL1. I know I made that cross.

Hash plant X NL1 was one of the strongest indica's I have smoked. That crossed real well with G13.
N.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensimilla13 View Post
Hey Grover, are you really just a comic posing as an excellent cannabis farmer???

Thats twice now in the last 24hrs you had me laughin' my arse off!

I hope he finds it in good humor too, but your probably correct, he probably will not find it to funny...but the rest of us will!

Cheers,

Sensi13
I Think You Have It The Wrong Way Round
Either That Or Grovers Multi Talented
Have A Nice Weekend Grover ( My Grail )
Very Interesting Thread
Anyone Know About The Vancouver A-1 (1984) Strain ??
So , L.U.I And SPG ( Sweet Pink Grapefruit ) Come From Ortega , Or NL1 ?
Joe

Last edited by Joe King Park; 08-27-2010 at 08:14 AM.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:43 PM

JKP - There is a guy on thcfarmer called gulf island who may have bred A1, pretty sure he said the A3 (from BC) was from him. They didn't know much about it other than it came originally to texada from Ontario. The letters were just his labeling system, there is a big thread on it over there. Same crew that did texada tw. LUI was an ortega cutting brought to switzerland by ed rosenthal hit with sweet tooth pollen. No one knows what sweet tooth really is as no one knows what the grapefruit cutting was, steve claimed that his source said it was an unreleased nl line. Maybe.. sure is a better marketing story than the known truth.. it was a commercial cut from one of the vietnamese grower groups prior to steve seeing it's potential.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:51 PM

"A good description of NL1. Maybe ML1 meant MLxNL1. I know I made that cross. Hash plant X NL1 was one of the strongest indica's I have smoked. That crossed real well with G13. N. "

Exactly the kind of info I was looking for Nevil thanks. How would you describe the "ortega 15"?
Old 08-27-2010, 05:51 PM

Nevil,
Know anything of Tom Hill and his Deep Chunk line?

Ortega, I'd assume you've played around with DC also...your thoughts?
Old 08-27-2010, 08:34 PM

there's a good question, deep chunk. the only thing anyone seems to know about it is that it has been around forever and that it's vigor is waning; ie for breeding purposes only these days? even in sunny cal some of the deep chunks seem to have problems gaining any girth? maybe another affy?

and btw mr. ortega seeker, no where in your comments did i read anything that would in the least be considered offensive? this is all good discussion and good topic too! as long as there is no name calling or that sort of degradation, go ahead and tell it like you heard it or know it to be! none of us know it all and we are here to learn. peace-biteme
Old 08-27-2010, 08:45 PM
bigherb

Quote:
Originally Posted by biteme View Post
there's a good question, deep chunk. the only thing anyone seems to know about it is that it has been around forever and that it's vigor is waning; ie for breeding purposes only these days? even in sunny cal some of the deep chunks seem to have problems gaining any girth? maybe another affy?

and btw mr. ortega seeker, no where in your comments did i read anything that would in the least be considered offensive? this is all good discussion and good topic too! as long as there is no name calling or that sort of degradation, go ahead and tell it like you heard it or know it to be! none of us know it all and we are here to learn. peace-biteme
i dont hav any experience wit deep chunk but ive had my eye on this one forever ,taste/effects are somthin id lov in my jar,seems to be a gem one of the few pure affie available in seed form

im sorry but i dont know where you got the idea that deepchunk has lost vigor,if you look at tomhill's outdoors pics of deep chunk they are massive n gorgeous

id love to hear if nev has any plans on searching for or putting out som pure affie/hp ,anything in the valut we might see in the future

1luvbigherb
Old 08-27-2010, 11:12 PM

Default Deep Chunk

Tom Hill has never made any secret that Deep Chunk is not a vigorous line. In an outbreeding plant like cannabis lower vigour is a simple fact when it is inbred to the extent Tom Hill has done. Inbred lines like this are generally intended as breeding lines to be outcrossed which instantly restores the vigour in the F1 via heterosis so long as too many deleterious recessive genes are not accumulated in the line during the inbreeding process. My only concern about deep chunk is the source population is very small.. some seeds found in a block of hash is not a wide genetic starting point plus Tom got it a few generations down the line already. A few 1:1 matings from a starting point that was likely not many plants in the first place could potentially cripple a line regardless of how good a breeder I am sure Tom is. Proof is in the pudding though and I have not tried the DC pudding... sure looks killer though! I wish more breeders followed Tom's breeding methods which focus heavily on keeping the line as wide as possible.

Last edited by ortega_seeker; 08-29-2010 at 05:54 PM.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortega_seeker View Post
I have smoked more neville's haze than most and personally think if you just culled out some of the more "jungle weed" pheno's it could already be called "Grail". Never puffed anything close in over 20 years! Haze is great from blowing out the pipes now and then but for me I still go for the heavy indicas most times. After much trial I have come to the conclusion that love em or hate em sensi seeds has the shit when it comes to pure afghani's.. but trace the lineage and most lead back to the Seed Bank days.. lots of ortega's, hash plant, NL1, maple leaf indica's... which brings me to my questions for nevil:

Which do you consider the best quality pure indica line you have worked with?

What ever happened to your mazar-i-sharif selection from your Peshawar trip? Offered in 85 and then disappeared off the map from what I can tell.

Any background on the Ortega and Maple Leaf Indica lines? Are they related?

Maple Leaf Indica is the highest quality (in my taste) line I have tried, does Mr Nice offer anything from similar lineage?

More than enough cannabis racism on the net... let's not forget about the afghani's and paki's!! I know there are other's still searching for the afghan grail....
I still have some old stock Maple leaf seeds in My collection. I should be growing it now.We ran it 2 years ago It had a great headrush. There was almost a Scotch flavor in there. Absolutely remarkable headrush. Wonderful weed.Outstanding flavor as well

DP