Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS Forums > 4. Talk to Shantibaba and MrNice

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2010, 08:36 AM
Kangativa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Moose View Post
This is primarily due to the plundering of Aussie genetics by Marc Haemorrhoid. I know that some of his people came to Australia, left with genetics, then bastardised them!!
Hey my friend...... non basturisation here

Just pure inbred shit
Old 12-21-2010, 08:45 AM

^ ROFLMAO!!!!
Old 12-21-2010, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L33t View Post
hi all
hi Nevil,

I suspect this piny/camphor smell may well be coming from MM as you suggested. I havent tried the MM in pure form, but when I grew LaNina (50% MM) I found a lot of similarities to Haze in terms of smell as well as effect.
The more MM dominant hazy/sativa LN plants had a very strong , really intoxicating smell that could well be described as piny camphor vapor. Kinda like chemical solvent vapor stong to the nostrils..yet kinda sweet fruity camphor type , fresh pine/pinecone smell. I would also describe the camphor type smell as paint thinner/plastic scale model poly-cement glue.
Btw I had a MH that was very similar in the smell department so no doubt there are similarities between Haze Bros Haze and MM.

LN is one of the best mns hybrids in my opinion, a selected LN its easily up to par with a good MH , NH , SSH and in my opinion one of the best haze type hybrids ever made by man in terms of smoke quality. Shanti sure did a fine job with this one and I think a cross between NH male and LN or MM female would create exceptional quality smoking plants.
By the way Chaco , a grower posting at a different forum is currently doing a cross with a female LN and mixed pollen from 3 NH males , it should be interesting to see how it will go as this is one of the crosses I had in my plans but never got around to do it.
I am so glad ya posted this L33t - I've been back and forth on the La Nina... constantly wanting it and being swayed by some peoples' posts about it not being worth the purchase. I think my decision is final now from your post. Awesome stuff.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:25 PM
Breeder

Quote:
hi all
hi Nevil,

I suspect this piny/camphor smell may well be coming from MM as you suggested. I havent tried the MM in pure form, but when I grew LaNina (50% MM) I found a lot of similarities to Haze in terms of smell as well as effect.
The more MM dominant hazy/sativa LN plants had a very strong , really intoxicating smell that could well be described as piny camphor vapor. Kinda like chemical solvent vapor stong to the nostrils..yet kinda sweet fruity camphor type , fresh pine/pinecone smell. I would also describe the camphor type smell as paint thinner/plastic scale model poly-cement glue.
Btw I had a MH that was very similar in the smell department so no doubt there are similarities between Haze Bros Haze and MM.
That's pretty spot on L33t.
To be honest, the similarities stretch the bounds of probability, right down to the fuel types. The closest I had to some of these MM phenos was when I crossed HzB to HzC. Like the Haze also, the MM throws a small percentage of elites. I've now smoked two of them in what appears to be about a dozen MM types. Most are strong, but not noteworthy and then there is the good ones. As a friend said, you are smoking away and suddenly it feels like God has come into the room. I call it presence.
We're going to have some fun with this one.
N.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:47 PM
british_hempire

Piny Camphor with chemical solvent tones sounds like a highland Mexican to me. The Oaxacan I have smells like pine needles drizzled in fuel and I've grown other Mexicans that had strong pine and solvent tones.

Here's a Colombian male I'm just about to collect pollen from:

Last edited by british_hempire; 12-21-2010 at 05:50 PM.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:51 PM

Quote:

For those who haven't seen, here are some shots of La Nina... Elite, to say the least. Reminds me of the original NL5Hz.
Thanks for the beautiful pics L33t.

Pics sourced from this thread: http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/showthread.php?t=547

Hi Friends,
Check it out:
http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/showthread.php?t=5345
The Bonsai Sultan Method: Typological Breeding for the Non Breeder, Beginner, or Pro with Little Space.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:18 PM

Quote:
a very strong , really intoxicating smell that could well be described as piny camphor vapor. Kinda like chemical solvent vapor stong to the nostrils..yet kinda sweet fruity camphor type , fresh pine/pinecone smell. I would also describe the camphor type smell as paint thinner/plastic scale model poly-cement glue.
This is also pretty much the definition of the smell of the SOL SwB I already posted a pic in the blueberry thread. In fact it reminds me of a camphor-based ointment my mother used to apply on my chest against bronchitis when I was a child . Saddly for the grail SwB already contains HzC and the yield are not good but it still gives you intoxicating hazy buds in 60 days...

Peace.

K.

Old 12-21-2010, 04:55 PM
zigzag

Last edited by zigzag; 01-09-2011 at 03:05 PM.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:06 PM
british_hempire

There's some matching Colombian females too:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0010.JPG (313.3 KB, 4772 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0034.JPG (320.8 KB, 4775 views)
Old 12-21-2010, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigzag View Post
funny you mention the swt blue kashgari. I know you have mentioned it previously and think highly of it. I got my seeds from red during the boxing day blowout and crossed it with a male LaNina. I am growing a couple out now.
Hi Zigzag,

Yes SwB is the best Blueberry hybrid I have tried.
At one time, I was interested by the Johny Blaze(NH/Blueberry) but as Red and Legends used to sell stock from GHSco and not from MNS I had concern that the NH used in that hybrid was probably not genuine.

How would you describe the smell,aroma and effect of the SwB you selected?
Also how long does yours take to finish ?

I managed to find find a good plant among a multitude of phenotypes and several hermaphrodites . I understand now after reading from Chimera that this is the direct consequence of his use of several males for that cross.

Would be interested to see some pics of your "La Blue" when they are done.
I jfor one just made several lines using my selected SwB with my three favourite MNS G-Spot males...

Peace.

K.
Closed Thread