Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS Forums > 4. Talk to Shantibaba and MrNice

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2010, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowHigh View Post
Haze Bros Article~Hightimes by "R".
Remember these Haze brothers where the ones from the east (smokers and dealers) not the Haze Bros that actually growed the O.Haze.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:01 PM
bigherb

Quote:
Originally Posted by joaquin386 View Post
Remember these Haze brothers where the ones from the east (smokers and dealers) not the Haze Bros that actually growed the O.Haze.
xactly

the growers never referred to themselves as the haze bros
Old 09-04-2010, 03:12 AM

Im still waiting to piece this story together. Jury is out. Im a Great Juror.Very Fair, and slow to form an Opinion.
Old 09-04-2010, 04:49 AM

Thanks.. honestly didn't read the article, I posted it in case someone was curious. Thanks for pointing it out that these were different peeps then the Santa Cruz guys.

When you look at the 1st Sacred Seeds catalog you can see there is Haze #1, Haze 2, Haze 3, Haze 4.. would be interesting to know which Haze expressed what type of growth and high type.

BTW.. Sam claims to have named Burning Bush from another sites thread. He said it was Haze x some type of Thai. I was told it was Haze x Vietnamese.. but who knows I wasn't there...lol
Old 09-04-2010, 12:35 PM
Breeder

Hi LBH
to get back to your question.
Quote:
great too hear someone seying autoflower can be good for some things
on the R X R you mean i think R X H
When I first started using Ruderalis, I was trying to eradicate everything from the wild plant except the early flowering gene. NL1 was the opposite of Ruderalis, so I crossed it with that and then put the earliest son back to the mother. The earliest son from that was put to a Haze and I grew the offspring outdoors in Holland. I started flowering early, but didn't finish in the short Dutch Autumn. Still, I had some outdoor Haze bud in Holland.
I also crossed the R.1x1 to NL5 about 8 times, always using males that flowered at the 4th internode. It peaked after 5 back-crosses and didn't get better after that.
I never did NL5r X NL5r like I was planning to, ended up in jail instead.
It's up to you now mate, there is a good selection of Haze type available to cross it to.
N.
Old 09-04-2010, 01:54 PM

Default 4th internode ?

Hello! Nevil... Why the 4th internode for flower on a male? Thanks,resinbud
Old 09-04-2010, 03:16 PM
bigherb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowHigh View Post
Thanks.. honestly didn't read the article, I posted it in case someone was curious. Thanks for pointing it out that these were different peeps then the Santa Cruz guys.

When you look at the 1st Sacred Seeds catalog you can see there is Haze #1, Haze 2, Haze 3, Haze 4.. would be interesting to know which Haze expressed what type of growth and high type.

BTW.. Sam claims to have named Burning Bush from another sites thread. He said it was Haze x some type of Thai. I was told it was Haze x Vietnamese.. but who knows I wasn't there...lol

burning bush quote from sams in response to raco

Quote:
FYI,
Burning Bush was an Original Haze with a strong Thai influence. I named it.
There were only Two Haze Brothers and they did not go to NYC and visit HT.
Joe Haze is not a Haze brother. The Haze Brothers did not grow Indica's, they grew Sativa's.
They did grow my Skunk #1 after 1980, because it was easier and faster for them.
-SamS (who was there)
Quote:
When you look at the 1st Sacred Seeds catalog you can see there is Haze #1, Haze 2, Haze 3, Haze 4.. would be interesting to know which Haze expressed what type of growth and high type

im intrigued myself,i have asked already more than once i believe with no response

1luvbigherb
Old 09-04-2010, 04:17 PM

wow, this is all way way over my head, These haze bros chaps, they seem to be fairly important to the discussion so could any one help fill in the blanks for me, like where did they get there haze, did they breed with it, gift to people, where they actually bros, are they still alive/free. What about south american sats, i spent some time in that part of the world, saved a few seeds of the best stuff i smoked, from basically every where i went. Unfortunately i have no idea whats from where as crossing borders with neatly documented seed pacs did not seem the right move. Any ways, south american borders aside, this is all very exciting stuff. I have one other question, if basically all the great haze came from places like thailand, places where there where small commercial ops where quality counted, and the best stuff sold, and every thing else went to shit, thus the best being continued. giving breeders a phenomenal picking ground. there must be a place like this that other than than the obvious ones where pure seeds still lurk and where cartels did not introduce seed stock? surely? i mean the world is a small place but you certainly wouldn't want to paint it. theres got to still be forgotten hot spots out there? or even farmers in thailand that kept the pure seeds going?
Old 09-04-2010, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waverunner_21 View Post
wow, this is all way way over my head, These haze bros chaps, they seem to be fairly important to the discussion so could any one help fill in the blanks for me, like where did they get there haze, did they breed with it, gift to people, where they actually bros, are they still alive/free. What about south american sats, i spent some time in that part of the world, saved a few seeds of the best stuff i smoked, from basically every where i went. Unfortunately i have no idea whats from where as crossing borders with neatly documented seed pacs did not seem the right move. Any ways, south american borders aside, this is all very exciting stuff. I have one other question, if basically all the great haze came from places like thailand, places where there where small commercial ops where quality counted, and the best stuff sold, and every thing else went to shit, thus the best being continued. giving breeders a phenomenal picking ground. there must be a place like this that other than than the obvious ones where pure seeds still lurk and where cartels did not introduce seed stock? surely? i mean the world is a small place but you certainly wouldn't want to paint it. theres got to still be forgotten hot spots out there? or even farmers in thailand that kept the pure seeds going?
Iv read about the haze brothers to, were they growers or breeders ?
Old 09-04-2010, 06:44 PM
bigherb

check mns origins of haze for the history its a great read

you can also look at my thread question for sam the skunkman on original haze at IC threads in strains and hybrids forums
Closed Thread