Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS Forums > 4. Talk to Shantibaba and MrNice

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2010, 02:27 PM
Breeder

Cambodian keeps coming up. Dr Purpur may be steering us in the right direction. I could believe that serious lovers of cannabis have kept stains pure in the jungle.
Aren't some of you due for a holiday? For those of you with women to please, that's where "Angkor Wat" is. Spiritual, cultural, romantic and maybe that's where the Grail Mother is.
What are you waiting for. You know you could die at any moment!
N.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:45 PM

Neville I was there last year. Saw some wild Cannabis on the side of the roads. Maybe there was your half grail

I have in my fridge Hashberry x Neville Haze (plus some more pollen on the freezer) will wonder what would come out.

Anyway there was a guy on ICMAG called HappyHi that said he work FOR the Haze brothers in california. He said he got seeds to plant them ...... another possiblity there?

Last edited by joaquin386; 08-26-2010 at 10:28 PM.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklez View Post
Hey Nevil, I love your work, I've got no job, and I've got a ton of frequent flyer points... Can you suggest where I should start in Cambodia?

This is the most exciting place in the online community right now; absolutely thrilling.

I like your style
Old 08-27-2010, 09:20 PM

Talking

makes me wish i didnt have a job
Old 08-27-2010, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevil View Post
The cat piss smell associated with Haze is the result of inbreeding to the Haze. Inbreeding to siblings or half siblings, is less damaging than inbreeding to the same Haze plant.
NL5 was somewhat neutral in smell and when crossed with the Haze, it expressed the various genotypes behind the Haze very well. I have grown large numbers of NL5HzA and NL5HzC plants from seed. Considering that the HzA male was dead, I could only use it's daughters to put back to HzC.

This single inbreeding to the 1969 haze males exponentially increased the amount of cat piss types in the progeny, but still allowed a useful percentage of truly superior plants to shine through.
The average age of the NH grand parents is about 40. I don't believe that this can be said about anybody else's lines. They are more inbred, hence the cat piss.
I have a dream that a real Haze brother will contact me and tell me that he still has well preserved seeds from the 60's. Failing that, the '97 NH seeds offer the best hope for future hybrids.
N.
Nevil, I heard before that the catpiss smell in haze comes from the columbian side...any truth to that?
Old 08-27-2010, 10:11 PM

I was wondering where that came from too. I really dont care for that smell or flavor. I have never tasted it in any Columbian before, gold, red or otherwise.Whatever it came from, I want to steer clear
Old 08-27-2010, 10:52 PM

Default A lot of Ganja in Cambodia is crap

I was 2009 three weeks in Phnom Pen and tried often Ganja what people offered.
With one exception it was all weak, seedy and damp crap. I expected much better quality.
But most young tourists were happy with this stuff.
I remember only one times really good quality but unfortunately without seeds.
I believe with endurance and luck you can find inferior genetics.
Thats my experience.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:05 AM

Default Hazy Days

I check this message board once in a while for fun and still can't believe the battles raging over the origins of the Original Haze or Purple Haze. Time to smoke the peace pipe, boys, and remember there is no such thing as the truth, only the truth as you see it. Why don't you all get together in a room and bring the best Haze from your stashes and if they're really good, it should gradually come to you that great herb is not about the past or future, but the present. Remember "Be Here Now!" How about "Be High Now!"

Just to add to the historical debate, we had a bunch of seeds from the various Haze varieties in Santa Cruz in the mid Seventies. We gave some away and there was always a stray seed or two in some of the buds, so who knows where they ended up? Share the wealth, spread the wealth.

Lastly, according to memory, we three brothers from the east coast who migrated to Santa Cruz were the only ones to call ourselves the Haze Brothers. Never once heard the original two growers refer to themselves that way, maybe because they weren't biological brothers for starters. Either way, it's all in the rear view mirror, now. Smoke on the Water.

One more thing. Just found an old cassette tape of the band The Original Haze, which included Jerry Miller of the Moby Grape. That ring any bells?

Later!
Old 08-28-2010, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooteroll View Post
I check this message board once in a while for fun and still can't believe the battles raging over the origins of the Original Haze or Purple Haze. Time to smoke the peace pipe, boys, and remember there is no such thing as the truth, only the truth as you see it. Why don't you all get together in a room and bring the best Haze from your stashes and if they're really good, it should gradually come to you that great herb is not about the past or future, but the present. Remember "Be Here Now!" How about "Be High Now!"

Just to add to the historical debate, we had a bunch of seeds from the various Haze varieties in Santa Cruz in the mid Seventies. We gave some away and there was always a stray seed or two in some of the buds, so who knows where they ended up? Share the wealth, spread the wealth.

Lastly, according to memory, we three brothers from the east coast who migrated to Santa Cruz were the only ones to call ourselves the Haze Brothers. Never once heard the original two growers refer to themselves that way, maybe because they weren't biological brothers for starters. Either way, it's all in the rear view mirror, now. Smoke on the Water.

One more thing. Just found an old cassette tape of the band The Original Haze, which included Jerry Miller of the Moby Grape. That ring any bells?

Later!
Oh Kool. Need some of those seeds. From the 60s preferably
Old 08-28-2010, 01:33 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooteroll View Post
Purple Haze.
Makes Me feel fine, blowin thru the jasmine in my mind
Closed Thread