Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS Forums > 4. Talk to Shantibaba and MrNice

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2010, 02:01 AM
bigherb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevil View Post
People keep asking me questions regarding ancestries of strains that they have purchased recently or cuttings that other people have. I can't really tell you about things that I don't have first hand knowledge of. I would have preferred not to go there, but it seems that to avoid confusion, I'll have to explain my predicament.
For the past 5 years I've been stuck in Australia, subject to a Departure Prohibition Order.
My last $50,000 was "quarantined". I've spent years fighting battles in the Supreme and Family Courts, representing myself out of necessity. The Government here seems to consider it sport legally tie you up in knots and then strip you of your assets. It's a bit like bear baiting with your hands tied. Well I won in the Supreme Court against three teams of lawyers. I got the case dismissed and all that remains is the question of damages. And things have taken a sharp turn in the Family Court and I'm expecting a positive outcome in the near future, hence the timing of my coming out. But I'm pissed off and I'm a bit of a scrappy sort of guy, I fully intend ripping the Government a new arsehole in the form of a damages claim. In any case, I'll soon be free to travel.
With all of the crap hanging over my head, there was only one man with the integrity and talent that I trust to "play the fucking music right" and that's our friend Shantibaba.
I gave him the "bank", knowing that he'd look after you. It seems he's done a fine job! I've given advice on fruitful avenues to pursue, but he has been keeping the Olympic torch alight.
But there is a new wind blowing and the timing is right. For a generation, bread has been cast upon the waters and the fish have been getting fat and with the talent out there, it's time to drag the net. People are joining hands and we are all pulling together, the way it should be. To pinch a freemason phase, I feel the dawning of a "New Dawn" and the sun will shine as never before! ( I'm relying on Hempy for the appropriate picture).
N.
well first id like to say a big congrats and i hope you get balls deep in their ass

I
Quote:
gave him the "bank", knowing that he'd look after you. It seems he's done a fine job! I've given advice on fruitful avenues to pursue, but he has been keeping the Olympic torch alight
much and many thanks to shanti ,their are far a few breeders like shanti today he has sailed this ship on the right path and im proud to be part of the mns family,with recent strains released like skunkhaze /nl5hazeC /ortega that tourch is bright as the sun and i have high hopes it will only continue

your words are uplifting and i look forward to the see which way the wind blows

1luvbigherb
Old 08-23-2010, 02:01 AM

nice to hear things are looking up for you nevil! sorry you've had to deal with all the BS here in aus... i can't wait to get out of this country once i finish post grad and get into breeding in europe somewhere i hope. laws here are just too unjust and harsh, but i will miss the country and the people no doubt about that!
Old 08-23-2010, 02:06 AM
hempy

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Last edited by hempy; 10-03-2011 at 02:42 AM.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:56 AM
Breeder

JH, SSH, Diesel and Sage were IMO all the same cutting, the ones that won the Cups. Seeds produced from these plants are often sold under the same name. I can tell you that you wouldn't want the batch that the NL5HzC x SkHzC came from. It was a "one off" in a batch full of skinny cat piss. Even 5CskC1 (new abbreviation) had a Diesel/Piss smell, and if it wasn't so quick and resinous (thank God for NL5) and so god awful strong, it wouldn't have been looked at. (I hope I'm not hurting anyone's feelings here)
In a draw full of NH and NL5C1 and NL5C122, it wouldn't get smoked at all. There are ways to improve it and experimental batches were made.
I'm trying to tell you that you are talking to Rip van Winkle, waking up after an unpleasant dream. Don't ask me what happened while I was asleep, do you want me to make shit up? I can tell about what I did prior to 2005.

I don't believe in secrets when it comes to pedigrees. How is anybody going to learn if they are fed lies. The test of a Master, is not how many students he has, but how many Masters he makes!
N.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hempy View Post

viva la revolution!!!!!
Old 08-23-2010, 03:28 AM

Quote:
I'm trying to tell you that you are talking to Rip van Winkle, waking up after an unpleasant dream.
LOL - been there

Nevil - Thank you for fighting 'them' for us.
Shanti - Thank you for your role in the battle.
Ganbare!

Bring on the 'new dawn' (pretty good name for a strain in-and-of itself)
Old 08-23-2010, 06:49 AM

Talking abbreviations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevil View Post
I can tell you that you wouldn't want the batch that the NL5HzC x SkHzC came from. It was a "one off" in a batch full of skinny cat piss. Even 5CskC1 (new abbreviation) had a Diesel/Piss smell, and if it wasn't so quick and resinous (thank God for NL5) and so god awful strong, it wouldn't have been looked at. (I hope I'm not hurting anyone's feelings here)
In a draw full of NH and NL5C1 and NL5C122, it wouldn't get smoked at all. There are ways to improve it and experimental batches were made.
N.
you are speaking of the HazeC you found in a batch of seeds ... it is not so great by itself ... crossing it to NL5 and sk improved it?
Old 08-23-2010, 07:50 AM

Nevil;
Glad to hear the legal problems are being sorted. I've been to Oz 3 times and thoroughly enjoyed myself (Irish/Aussie just seem to get along). Learning to scuba dive on The Great Barrier Reef? Psychedelic. Diving off Rottnest Island to clear the hangover from visiting a few wineries and then having a spicey noodle soup in one of the Asian malls? Burning a few with a few guys from the dive trip? Why not?
As for the haze hybrid "grail" I think outcrossing to non haze genetics would be interesting. How about some SE Asian genetics? (a MNS seeds version of Kalimist?)
What about something like "Golden Tiger" by Ace seeds as a female partner for your male haze?

"In this hybrid, we have combined the 2 most potent and resinous landrace sativas we have ever worked with. The result is a plant with a great vegetative vigour, remarkable for its overpowering potency and its exceptional floral traits. The flowers bunches flare over forming dense buds with little leaves. The trichomes are big, plentiful and loaded with powerful cannabinoids.

Golden Tiger is an excellent alternative to the haze sativas. It will fascinate the most demanding growers, looking for new sativa experiences of the highest order Malawi and Meao Thai."

Regards
Dr. LD
Old 08-23-2010, 08:30 AM

yea ozzy land is going like stalinist, victoria is a police state the politicos are getting outa control hopefully they go bankrupt soon, i dont see any medical weed here anytime soon altho yu can still buy a bong for the time being.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:24 AM

So nevil..... where do u think Cannabis culture will be in say..,10-15 years... My personal thoughts are that the Industry is becoming overrun with bad genetics... there are only a few real breeders left in the game..., and then everybody else keeps a cut and ripps the shit out of somebody's HARD worked strain. I am in Canada some of the year and am seeing this happen more frequenltly. My fear not too long ago, is that with too little (TRUE) breeders left... that the Cultre will diminish... but since the rise of the Internet.. My hope has been lifted....,
It is good to hear that u are gearing up for the second round in ur Life's work..
B
Closed Thread