to water and feed it..

THEN GOD SAID, I GIVE YOU EVERY SEED-BEARING

PLANT ON THE FACE OF THE WHOLE

EARTH, AND EVERY TREE THAT

HAS FRUIT IN IT."

GENESIS 1:29-30
Old 01-31-2011, 12:24 PM

Talking

I have one Oxacan, and its a male. A very nice one though, with lots of pollen. The Maui I had 3 of but one Hermied last week and got pulled out. The Mauis are pollenated with VietBlackThai, Oaxacan/Durban, Mango Haze, and Nevilles Haze so far. The golden Tiger male is slow to make bananas, and I dont have any pollen. Green HazeThai Females are giants, and they are budding slowly..

The Headband tent is on 48 hour black out until 6pm tonight when they get harvested. I will allow the seed plant to continue on minus the big colas if it needs more seed ripening time.
I havnt seen the Headband plants for 37 hours!
Old 01-31-2011, 09:32 PM

This is the last of the Old Mother that came from the original source

ask and ye shall receive
Old 01-31-2011, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushweed View Post
This is the last of the Old Mother that came from the original source

ask and ye shall receive
Good lord, man! I'm green with envy. Can't wait to see what becomes of these...
Old 02-01-2011, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketBong View Post
Do you know if Kogs strain was a form of the Madness mate ? That thing used to grow HUGE and the smoke was very nice .
Northern Hotel, Gold Tops, surfing the The Pass, Thai Buddha...yes mate know exactly what you mean, went to Mullum High School in fact

Kog's was definitely considered Mullum Madness, perhaps not THE Mullum Madness. Kog is after all from Kyogle, some distance from Mullumbimby. Another suggestion is that OMS is the parent of the equally famous MM, which was crossed to a Colombian and possibly an Indian, hence why Shanti refers to it as Haze. But that may have been another prodigious and potent Thai, there were a few around in the 70s. This packet comes from the fella who first gave OMS to Kog 30 years ago (Kog no longer grows OMS and has moved on to OMS x Big Bud) and the fella from which these seeds come, no longer grows at all...also the seeds are a number of years old and germination may be iffy.

People still grow OMS hybrids around the North coast of NSW, but unsure if any grow it pure (hopefully someone does). Incidentally there is a grower in northern California who regularly supplies a much sought after line of OMS to a dispensary in Berkeley.

Would love to restore this strain to its former glory, or pass it on to someone who knows how to do it

Last edited by bushweed; 01-11-2012 at 12:04 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Northern Hotel, Gold Tops, surfing the The Pass, Thai Buddha...yes mate know exactly what you mean, went to Mullum High School in fact

Kog's was definitely considered Mullum Madness, perhaps not THE Mullum Madness. Kog is after all from Kyogle, some distance from Mullumbimby. Another suggestion is that OMS is the parent of the equally famous MM, which was crossed to a Colombian and possibly an Indian, hence why Shanti refers to it as Haze. But that may have been another prodigious and potent Thai, there were a few around in the 70s. This packet comes from the fella who first gave OMS to Kog 30 years ago (Kog no longer grows OMS and has moved on to OMS x Big Bud) and the fella from which these seeds come, no longer grows at all...also the seeds are a number of years old and germination may be iffy.

People still grow OMS hybrids around the North coast of NSW, but unsure if any grow it pure (hopefully someone does). Incidentally there is a grower in northern California who regularly supplies a much sought after line of OMS to a dispensary in Berkeley. Maybe Jim Ortega?

Would love to restore this strain to its former glory, or pass it on to someone who knows how to do it
Hi Bushy,
Did those seeds come via that fella who was on icmag offering his old seedstocks to Kangativa? One thing I remember from Kogs video, he said that the old sativas he use to grow would get 20 foot plus, which after reading through the various postings on MM, the pics and descriptions of OMS don't fit that profile.

Just out of curiosity, do you know if there's many others still growing the ole style sats up around your way? Would love to be able to do it outside myself someday, though I am quite far south. I don't have any old time seedstocks either which might present another hurdle lol.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:38 AM

There's a still quite a few old C sativa's some are short term some are still adapting to been grown @ 40 S for last 15 to 30 years , OMS is still been grown in Tassy
Old 02-01-2011, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Well there's been plenty of purple pine phenos floating around the area since the 60s. They used to send them to Sydney would make people laugh into their weet bix:
Sounds good to me. Maybe Kog was growing some of those purple pine phenos you mentioned.

Bushpig, thanks for your input mate. Would be curious to see those OMS in Tassie and how they've adpated.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:21 AM
Kangativa

I am just about to cross my Mullum Madness with This Chocolope and This Fet, both seem very early flowering as you can see by the pics, but this Mullum Female wont finish for another 4-5 months yet, so maybe this cross might work well for you Southeners.....The Choco is one sticky plant.
Later I will also do some crosses using the MM with MNS's Ash, BW, Early Skunk and Early Queen, I think these might also be excellent crosses.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Choco.jpg (940.6 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg Choco,Fet, Low Nam Black.jpg (920.5 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg Mullum Madness.jpg (931.2 KB, 19 views)
Old 02-01-2011, 08:21 AM

Default Say no more...

how elegant...

I think I mentioned before - MM x Fet's .303 = Double barreled shotgun