Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS Forums > 4. Talk to Shantibaba and MrNice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2019, 05:33 PM
Banned

Default bad germination on auction packs

i was wondering if anyone knows if the auction packs are old seed or the same as they would send out if you order directly.

it doesnt say anywhere that it is old, so i kinda was under the impression it is the same stuff you would get if you pay direct.

i ordered 19 auction packs.
most were not important, just thought id get them while i was placing an order.

the important ones were the nevilles haze.
i got four packs thinking it would be enough to do a good selection from.

i also got two packs of mango haze and a pack of ssh.

i started the mango haze and ssh haze first, just to get warmed up for the big NH run.

i got about 50% germination from the mango haze and ssh, the worst ive ever got from mns beans that werent sitting around for 5 years first.

i contacted shanti to let him know about the poor germination.
he acknowledged that it was low, but didnt say anything else, like offer replacements. i wasnt looking for replacements, they werent important, just wanted to inform him of the quality of his product.

well then with so few ssh and mango haze to take up room, and with nevils passing, i got anxious and popped all four packs of NH.

out of 73 seeds, only 27 came up.
out of the 27 that came up, 10 died out later.
they just dont seem to have the vigor i expected.
is this from being old seed or what?

ive since then tried to contact them about the NH, and they didnt care to respond.

i thought the auctions were a good deal, but they arent if you only get between 25-50% germination, and spend materials and time trying to nurture seeds that will never produce for you.

anyone else have experience with auction packs germinating, good or bad?

i didnt have problems with the previous auction winnings.

also, does anyone think that when you have old seed, the ones that do survive are better than the ones that didnt? i know that is something that could never be tested.
is there a correlation between vigor to sprout, vigor as a seedling, and vigor as a mature plant?
Old 04-30-2019, 07:41 PM

I've never had a problem with the auction gear germinating..
Old 04-30-2019, 10:34 PM

Sorry about your germination issues.. Defiantly not old seed your buying.. germination is around 90+% here, with over couple year old straws from my freezer.. funny thing is, just been having convo with mate, he can't get seeds to germ but can't lose a clone. I struggling to get a clone to root but seeds crack looking at them, lol...
Old 05-01-2019, 12:18 PM
Banned

maybe they were too fresh?
just got them a couple months ago.
but the lack of vigor as seedlings and so many dying afterwards...
i used mykos when planting, thought beneficial stuff would help keep bad stuff away...

someone sent me some old punto rojo, those were the last seeds i popped.
got 3 of 10 from those, which is a better % than some of the mns stuff.
and as seedlings, they grew quickly.

the ssh and mango grew well too, only the nh seems slow.

i only ended up with 4 SSH, and i dont think i like any of them.
wish there were more to see.
at least with the mango haze there is 10 females.
Old 05-01-2019, 02:12 PM

I do not believe I have ever had less than a >90% germ rate with auction seeds. When I have, it was because I overheated them, let them dry out, overwatered them, subjected them to a strong/wrong nutrient solution, or purchased them from Seedsman lol.
Hope you get it sorted out brah.

Aloha
Mu
Old 05-01-2019, 02:50 PM
Banned

i start seeds at room temp in cups of water. i use hydrogen peroxide and floralicious plus in the soak.
then i transplant them when i see some sprouting action.
sometimes i see action within 24 hours, usually after 48 they are ready to transplant.

these NH showed no activity by 48, but a few started to sprout towards the end of day 3. day 4 had a few more, and not wanting the ones that did sprout to have issues, i planted them all on day 5.

i thought that even though some did not sprout yet, germination could finish off in the dirt. the ones that did not sprout in water probably did not sprout in the dirt either.

ive left seedlings under water until the roots are over an inch long, the longest sprout of the NH was barely over a quarter inch.
Old 05-01-2019, 04:31 PM

I don't keep close track, but am certain that my germination rate for auction beans is north of 90%. The only strain I remember having problems with was actually CBD shark. Not even a true MNS product.
Old 05-02-2019, 08:31 AM

I also have bought exclusively from auction and had north of 90% germ rate.

Even the G13xAfgHz testers I popped last round all germinated, just had a bad rate of them making it out of the soil.

The only 100% germination and out of soil seedling rate I ever got was with MRN strains from auctions. Every strain from other sources has left me with sub 100% so far but MRN never disappointed.

Maybe you just got a bad batch? Maybe there was something on your end you haven't noticed yet?
I once used "distilled" water from my clothes dryer to germ seeds. Because it is distilled water right? So should be fine.
Later on found out that there is hella detergent residue in that water, distilled or not, it smells like detergent.
No wonder the seeds didn't like that.
But I never noticed it until I went hunting for errors.

Failing that, I would say bad batch and ask for a replacement.
Old 05-02-2019, 03:26 PM

only with 2 strain i have bad germination the first was mango haze inbred but the tube was open when i receive it only one germ on 10 was with the hampers
the packet was remplaced by mns with another oder

and the g13 widow (the old one) the ratio was proach to 50%

at usual all the other strain i have try i am proach to 100%

in some day i will luch my seed for this season

i will try critical mass and shit from mns this year
Old 05-04-2019, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack hairy View Post
i start seeds at room temp in cups of water. i use hydrogen peroxide and floralicious plus in the soak.
then i transplant them when i see some sprouting action.
sometimes i see action within 24 hours, usually after 48 they are ready to transplant.

these NH showed no activity by 48, but a few started to sprout towards the end of day 3. day 4 had a few more, and not wanting the ones that did sprout to have issues, i planted them all on day 5.

i thought that even though some did not sprout yet, germination could finish off in the dirt. the ones that did not sprout in water probably did not sprout in the dirt either.

ive left seedlings under water until the roots are over an inch long, the longest sprout of the NH was barely over a quarter inch.
Id say try it with just plain soil and water. Get rid of all the variables.It will be easier to gauge what the problem is.

Generally you don't even need to soak seeds that aren't old. And they definitely don't need any nutrients for a little while, so id do awqa with the floralicious plus .

Last edited by corners; 05-04-2019 at 12:11 AM.