Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS Forums > 4. Talk to Shantibaba and MrNice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2019, 03:59 AM

Post The future of cannabis

Hey Shanti

I had wondered, what do you foresee for the future of cannabis?

Personally i always liked chemistry and it's really an exciting time for botany. New research comes out daily on cytokinins, their pathways, and how they interact with plants but never are any of the published studies on cannabis. I personally have had some good luck with 6-benzylaminopurine in my room. Do you have any notes on cytokinins and their applications to cannabis? It seems like when we have a proper understanding of all these reactions taking place in the plant we could manipulate it to grow into almost any shape desired.
(What im talking about)
Cytokinin signaling in plant development | Development

Also i think any plant in the future that is of benefit will be made perennial.
(More of what im talking about)
https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...1109193431.htm

Thanks for your time.
Old 02-09-2019, 09:22 PM

I donít understand all that fancy talk you are talking about but I for see the future of cannabis becoming fully legalized , and I donít know if thatís a good thing . I see the industry being taken over by major corporations where one would have to pay out thousands and thousands of dollars for permits and licenses to do any thing so these few corporations will corner stone the market . I think we will also see these corporations put the choke hold on seed companies like mr.nice that produce seeds of actual breeding stock . I think seed prices will drop after that but all that will be available to the public is genetics that have been breed to produce only a certain amount of thc and cbd ,be feminized, and unable to clone and die after one season of growth. I think right now is a critical time for the underground to do two things one being start ones own seed bank , when I say this I mean collecting seeds by breeders that actually produce breeding stock of both male and female plants and maybe some feminsed if one is trying to find a desired trait at a faster rate but in my opinion right now itís more crucial to purchase seeds that are and can be used for actual breeding stock . The second thing to do is where their maybe out door grows of new generically engineered strains is dropping ones produced seeds with in these genetically modified grows , but I think one may find that difficult because I imagine that these grows will be done indoors under very strict guidelines and environmental conditions.
Bottlenecking? The classic case is the cheetah. I read a compelling article once that the Cheetah is a cloned cross between a cat and a dog. Cheetahs have been around for 1000s of years, competing against lions and hyenas. It is still the fastest animal on earth.
I suspect that "bottlenecking" cannabis may lead to the "highest" cannabis on earth. It's a risk I'm willing to take.
N.