Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS Forums > 4. Talk to Shantibaba and MrNice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2018, 11:50 PM

Fight among your selves all you like , i do enjoy a good laugh but it still does not address some of the underlying problems here . If I can't get answers for the genetics I'm buying what am I paying the big bucks for?
Bottlenecking? The classic case is the cheetah. I read a compelling article once that the Cheetah is a cloned cross between a cat and a dog. Cheetahs have been around for 1000s of years, competing against lions and hyenas. It is still the fastest animal on earth.
I suspect that "bottlenecking" cannabis may lead to the "highest" cannabis on earth. It's a risk I'm willing to take.
N.

Last edited by kief420; 03-20-2018 at 11:54 PM.
Old 03-21-2018, 12:21 AM

I dont really think of mns as "big bucks", so for the decent prices its decent quality.

im here for legendary quality, price is no object when it comes to real quality.
unfortunately, i have not found anything that exceeds decent quality/decent prices.
but i dont think ive grown 100 seeds from mns yet. i would go through more, but i dont know if its worth my time. i have stuff that seems to consistently produce better quality seems like better lines to spend my time searching through.

i thought Angels Breath was the next step beyond SSH and Mango Haze, taking the best selection imaginable and locking down those special traits from Haze C by crossing another generation of C into it while introducing the least amount of inbreeding by using something other than NL5C or skunkC. but that was just my interpretation.
Old 03-21-2018, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack hairy View Post
I dont really think of mns as "big bucks", so for the decent prices its decent quality.

im here for legendary quality, price is no object when it comes to real quality.
unfortunately, i have not found anything that exceeds decent quality/decent prices.
but i dont think ive grown 100 seeds from mns yet. i would go through more, but i dont know if its worth my time. i have stuff that seems to consistently produce better quality seems like better lines to spend my time searching through.

i thought Angels Breath was the next step beyond SSH and Mango Haze, taking the best selection imaginable and locking down those special traits from Haze C by crossing another generation of C into it while introducing the least amount of inbreeding by using something other than NL5C or skunkC. but that was just my interpretation.
Thats what I was hoping for as well with angels breath . I was hoping it would be more like old nl5/haze or kali mist and the description of the fruity taste made it sound very desirable but after reading the past few grows done by some people I'm afraid to waiste the time cracking a seed after I done spent the money , when there is other options with better customer service . I will say the white lines are kick ass . Also you read about these legendary genetics here but really they all came from some one else except for the white lines and that's questionable depending on who you talk to all though I do believe they came from here
Bottlenecking? The classic case is the cheetah. I read a compelling article once that the Cheetah is a cloned cross between a cat and a dog. Cheetahs have been around for 1000s of years, competing against lions and hyenas. It is still the fastest animal on earth.
I suspect that "bottlenecking" cannabis may lead to the "highest" cannabis on earth. It's a risk I'm willing to take.
N.

Last edited by kief420; 03-21-2018 at 12:44 AM.
Old 03-21-2018, 03:04 AM

well, if i had more AB seeds i wouldnt worry about starting them, i like the one ive kept so far. and what we thought might come from this strain and what actually does, doesnt really have any effect on the ultimate reality. they are good seeds. maybe if i looked through a lot more i would find one that impresses me more. mine is like a mango skunk, not a whole lot of haze to it that i see.
Old 03-21-2018, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantibaba View Post

I got Nevil and my notes from many years ago written in our hand writing and maybe one day put it up to curb your enthusiasm and put you on a clear path, but for now it seems your theories are fueling new myths as is normal in this industry...and it is amusing at times to see how you all think.
I think putting up your breeding notes would be great to do. Even if they don't make complete sense to us, I am sure there are several small details you may have missed in them that will satisfy much questioning.
This seems to be what the community is asking for- we want to understand how everything really went down to make what we have today.
Old 03-21-2018, 07:16 PM

Hello fellows and hello to you Shantibaba,

I want to say that i think its important to keep any discussion civil, we all know what it means and the ones who insults others could read their posts again and take a break from this thread thank you. To the others you're welcome and thank you for your comments and shared interest/questions

@Shantibaba : Im glad you took the time to post in this thread, i opened it to ask you some help about the pedigree of your strains as im an old customer of yours and wish to understand more about some strains. I dont want to insist, i can only respect tour decision that you share or not the pedigree of all your strains, its your work, your life. As a customer i must say im a little deceived and i was interested to buy ASH and Angels Breathe seeds but without the true lineage i dont think im ready to buy sorry. I grew many of your strains since close to 10 years, i would like to be sure i dont buy something i already have. Take it nicely, thank you.

Last edited by Sirius C; 03-21-2018 at 07:31 PM.
Old 03-23-2018, 09:03 AM
Breeder and moderator

Hi All

well it does seem like the same crew in pm and on the forum looking to increase their breeding knowledge so while i promised Nevil not to put notes up some years ago i can tell you that Afghan Haze is made with Haze C male. That may help some of you follow some things better....all the best Sb

"Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner." -Lao Tzu

all the best,
Shantibaba
http://www.mrnice.nl
https://shop.mrnice.nl
Old 03-23-2018, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantibaba View Post
Hi All

well it does seem like the same crew in pm and on the forum looking to increase their breeding knowledge so while i promised Nevil not to put notes up some years ago i can tell you that Afghan Haze is made with Haze C male. That may help some of you follow some things better....all the best Sb
Hello Shantibaba,

I hope you are well, thank you for your answer, i did not pmed you but im the member who start this thread. is it possible to know if ASH and Angels Breath are made with Afghan Haze C or Afghan Haze A as the father side please ? i already had the Afghan Haze C years ago and you already confirmed the lineage years ago too thank you
best regard,

Sirius, an old customer of yours.

Last edited by Sirius C; 03-23-2018 at 10:46 AM.
Old 03-23-2018, 11:18 AM

Thanks for clearing that up shantibaba that it's haze c, the new test version of G13 widow sounds very intresting indeed. by the way a book (at some point)of mns strains by nevil and yourself would be awesome!
Old 03-23-2018, 12:34 PM
Breeder and moderator

ASH and Angels Breathe is made with the Afghan Haze C male side....hope that curbs all the interest...but SSH and Mango Haze are pedigree breeds incorporating both sides of Haze A and Haze C combinations....in their breeding.

All the best Sb

"Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner." -Lao Tzu

all the best,
Shantibaba
http://www.mrnice.nl
https://shop.mrnice.nl