Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS Forums > 4. Talk to Shantibaba and MrNice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2018, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podg View Post

Here you go everyone. I wouldn't of asked shanti if i didnt have reason to believe it was true...
Notice how it is also liked by the mns intagram page....

Take it easy
Podg
Nice one mate thanks for posting this.
Old 01-14-2018, 09:09 PM

Illyssian, grow and smoke critical skunk.. the exact opposite to these things you speak of. I hope you get to enjoy..
Old 01-14-2018, 09:15 PM

Quote:

Here you go everyone. I wouldn't of asked shanti if i didnt have reason to believe it was true...
Notice how it is also liked by the mns intagram page....

Take it easy
Podg
Hi POD
There are 2 posts on the MrNice instagram account in 2017 (one in Aug, one in Sept) where they show pics of a straight G-13 plant (no outcross listed.)

I remember seeing a post by them last year where they said they got the original cut back, but I think it is the Airborne G13 cut. Airborne G13 is an old pheno of G13x(HPxNL1).

I couldn't find it on their IG account (and I tried.)
IG is very limited in search capabilities.
Old 01-15-2018, 08:23 AM

Fingers crossed this puts MRN back on the map.
Has been long enough everyone is ignoring the great stuff they have.
If you look at the short resurgence of popularity after New Skunk was released, crossing G13 to the MRN catalogue and releasing those could be a nice bump.

Just gotta make sure the G13 he got is actually good stuff though.

Also:
Wouldn't that potentially allow Shanti to make an "actual" or close to pure G13 line by backcrossing to the existing MRN G13 lines (xskunk, xwidow, xhaze)?
Old 01-15-2018, 09:24 PM

Hey Spice, it very well could be the airborne g13 but if Shanti has gone as far to label it the 'Original G13' i reakon its the real deal. I tried to find the post you mention to no avail, but i did find those two pics of the straight g13 you talked about. Looks pretty tasty.

Hey Bro, Hopefully it does. Can't complain about getting most auctions for a steal though haha..
I dont think shanti would be endorse g13 at the emerald cup and talk about crosses unless its good stuff. To my knowledge MNS holds a g13 ibl. It was an old g13 x skunk selected for g13 traits over a few generations. He also has his g13 ibl cutting the he uses for his current g13 offerings.

Personally i would like to see a re-release of Ghash and cross with shantis afghan skunk male (original critical skunk, Nevils skunk, angels heart). G13 X haze AC and maybe even a G13 x NL.

Also fellas, it is to my knowledge that dogless aka jim ortega holds the g13 cutting and gave it to nev all those years ago. What really piqued my curiosity is that jim ortega has a bank of seeds and cuttings from yesteryear. Could mean some pretty wicked things are in the works. I could only imagine what would happen if shantis collection meets jims.

Also no problems English.

Take it easy,
Podg

We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master
-Ernest Hemingway
Old 01-15-2018, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Spice View Post
Hi POD
There are 2 posts on the MrNice instagram account in 2017 (one in Aug, one in Sept) where they show pics of a straight G-13 plant (no outcross listed.)

I remember seeing a post by them last year where they said they got the original cut back, but I think it is the Airborne G13 cut. Airborne G13 is an old pheno of G13x(HPxNL1).

I couldn't find it on their IG account (and I tried.)
IG is very limited in search capabilities.

G `day OS

I think Airborne G13 is G13 x NL #2 .
A lot bulkiier than G13 HP #1 .

And the cut Dr Green Thumbs femmed is similar . G13 pure was a sport selected for resin . The huge plants from DD s , Green Thumb and Airborne are all hybrids .

The G13 x Haze A is still going strong in the Low Lands . She makes powerful hybrids .

Thanks for sharin

EB .
Old 01-15-2018, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Hey Spice, it very well could be the airborne g13 but if Shanti has gone as far to label it the 'Original G13' i reakon its the real deal. I tried to find the post you mention to no avail, but i did find those two pics of the straight g13 you talked about. Looks pretty tasty.

Hey Bro, Hopefully it does. Can't complain about getting most auctions for a steal though haha..
I dont think shanti would be endorse g13 at the emerald cup and talk about crosses unless its good stuff. To my knowledge MNS holds a g13 ibl. It was an old g13 x skunk selected for g13 traits over a few generations. He also has his g13 ibl cutting the he uses for his current g13 offerings.

Personally i would like to see a re-release of Ghash and cross with shantis afghan skunk male (original critical skunk, Nevils skunk, angels heart). G13 X haze AC and maybe even a G13 x NL.

Also fellas, it is to my knowledge that dogless aka jim ortega holds the g13 cutting and gave it to nev all those years ago. What really piqued my curiosity is that jim ortega has a bank of seeds and cuttings from yesteryear. Could mean some pretty wicked things are in the works. I could only imagine what would happen if shantis collection meets jims.

Also no problems English.

Take it easy,
Podg
G `day Podg

Nevil said me bought the G13 from a lady in the USA for 50 bucks . He never met J Ortega .

Nevil gave Ortega a cut .
Possibly a hybrid as well . When Ortega sold the cut in 2010 for 25 K he initially called it DD s G13 . Well Mr DD s got very upset because he had not shared the cut he swapped Nevil a dry sift tumbler for .

Then Ortega makes up a story about rejuvenating the orig G13 .

I suspect Nevil gave both guys the same cut back in the day . A big yielding HYBRID .

Orig G13 is highly valued , a hybrid not so much .

Thanks for sharin

EB .
Old 01-16-2018, 01:41 PM

Ive heard the "Original" non hybridized G13 died in the 80s.
Old 01-16-2018, 05:00 PM

Hmm maybe some should ask themselfes questions, like: is it really normal, that a plant has 3 leaves instead of 2 when its normal to have 2?
Old 01-16-2018, 05:36 PM

yes its normal, its even got a name. trifoliate.

ive said it a bunch of times before and ill say it again, just because some europeans lost their cut, doesnt mean that everyone in the usa lost it. that would be foolish to assume. and yet even shanti has said, if someone claims to have the real g13, dont beleive them. its dead.

so who you going to believe, shanti, or shanti?