Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS Forums > 4. Talk to Shantibaba and MrNice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2018, 08:04 AM

Your obviously not a very intelligent person are you. What an idiotic cooment!!!......Ill answer.. here, throwing accusation of them being a new g13 Cross...[/QUOTE]
.........................Terence McKenna..............................
Old 05-26-2018, 08:33 AM

No I'm not, many sangas short, I spend time replying to the likes of you.... how about instead of doing your instagram research or growing perennials, try smoking various g13x out there, then you may understand the accusations that would be made...

Last edited by Growstone; 05-26-2018 at 08:39 AM.
Old 05-26-2018, 10:45 AM
Breeder and moderator

Hi All

exactly what i mean about those who commented after my last mail...emotions run high on this topic for some reason.

If others are working with original lines of Nevil, then the obvious answer to the community is that most things are possible in theory. However proof is in the beans imo and the mothers. I rarely get involved in all these stories as i know where i get things from and how the breeding works. In this case we were asked by someone who has had the same plant going for many decades to evaluate it...now we did just that the last period of time and decided to make some seed lines up to test it openly. It may not work, it may just work but I have no expectations just wish to see it tested by part of an unbiased growing community. Nothing more.

As for using the name well if you read the old posts of mine i called it G-Whizz in the old days as it was strong but not my flavor, so honestly marketing was never considered nor ever has been before you know if you got something worthy...it is simply the credentials it came to us as.

But enough of all the theories and opinions just breathe and think if you wish to test one of these bean sets or not...not a bigger decision than that in reality.

All the best Sb

"Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner." -Lao Tzu

all the best,
Shantibaba
http://www.mrnice.nl
https://shop.mrnice.nl
Old 05-26-2018, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantibaba View Post
Hi All

exactly what i mean about those who commented after my last mail...emotions run high on this topic for some reason.

If others are working with original lines of Nevil, then the obvious answer to the community is that most things are possible in theory. However proof is in the beans imo and the mothers. I rarely get involved in all these stories as i know where i get things from and how the breeding works. In this case we were asked by someone who has had the same plant going for many decades to evaluate it...now we did just that the last period of time and decided to make some seed lines up to test it openly. It may not work, it may just work but I have no expectations just wish to see it tested by part of an unbiased growing community. Nothing more.

As for using the name well if you read the old posts of mine i called it G-Whizz in the old days as it was strong but not my flavor, so honestly marketing was never considered nor ever has been before you know if you got something worthy...it is simply the credentials it came to us as.

But enough of all the theories and opinions just breathe and think if you wish to test one of these bean sets or not...not a bigger decision than that in reality.

All the best Sb
I recall you calling something G-spot way back when but not the G-whizz. Anyways hopefully at the time of testing or soon thereafter you will reveal what the cutting is. As i mentioned in my earlier posts there is quite alot of heirlooms around here in the states that might interest you, that stem from the fabled g-13. G-13 is not for everyone but it does prove to be exellent in adding certain traits in breeding, almost unparalleled in some regards.
Old 05-26-2018, 02:09 PM

This community and forum is great but some of us are getting flared up very easily. I thinks itís important for us to remember why we joined or what were doing here. I joined for a few reasons, to discuss breeding plant science and other topics related to growing with a knowledgeable group, to further along my network of fellow breeders and growers, and to further promote knowledge of cannabis. Even if we donít agree with people we can still approach this without the quarrels. But like SB said this topic particularly has some perturbed. That being said I am looking forward to SB new thread to become a tester, I for one will be glad to test these beans
Old 06-12-2018, 11:06 PM

to the haters and trolls: what is the problem here? seriously? you make yourself look like someone with an agenda trying to knock his stuff. if you don’t like it, grow and smoke something else and post elsewhere about it... but why take the time to tell everyone how disappointed you think they’re gonna be. and you think it isn’t going to be dank? that’s fucking funny, cuz all of Dukes outcrosses are the toast of the community right now(and i have tried all his lines; he gifted me packs of each strain, with samples included, at the emerald cup; & yes they’re ducking loud af and fire af)....
as for shanti cashing in on a name.... that’s funny too. shanti is a respectable breeder with integrity, and until recently(& even still to this day technically imho) was the successor to nevil, and nevills strains. so if he wants to put out his own g13 outcrosses using this new mom, i dare say he had the most right to do so other than Nevil and whomever actually bred g13.... and ya know, if he wanted to cash in, he could have inbred the g13sk and lied and said it was pure g13. plenty would have fallen for it. the fact that he hasn’t, and only worked with g13sk until now, shows his integrity. and why now you might ask? it’s incredibl simple, he wasn’t in the US until laws changed, and at that point he happened to come across what appeared to be the original clone. so wtf is so wrong with him using what he now has access to. i’m sure he would have done it years ago if he had been working with a g13 mother cut, but he didn’t. now he does, and it’s more than his right to release some new crosses with her, again more so than most of the breeders out there utilizing g13 in some form or fashion.
shanti is about the old school building block strains. would you prefer he release the new cookie widow? i mean fuck. that he is cashing in is the most asinine thing i’ve ever heard. and for all you know, maybe shanti has seen many inferior g13 hybrid samples, & wanted to give us a proper representation as he knows it. either way, shanti has had more opprutunities than most to cash in on things, and yet he leaves that to the shady folks within the industry. man it pisses me off when i hear so much trolling against shanti; he is a shining example of who you should try to be like in an industry like this. and if he ever closed up shop, we all know just how many people would be searching EVERYWHERE for old MNS seed in peoples seed stashes.

i have some pics i took at the cup or it, it was sealed in a vac bag with some other samples(i mean fuck what a sample right, i dunno if i’ll ever kill that bag completely) so it’s been compacted, but i’ll take shots of that too.
what struck me was the potency. it seemed much more potent in certain ways, almost as if poly poly hybrids have muddied and spread out effects a little more evenly, but the g13 is instant intense rush to the head and heaviness. i wanna make shatter with her so badly.
the pics are on my other phone i will post them up shortly, as well as a few samples of other MNS flowers.

RIP:
1)JACK HERER
2)Ronnie James Dio
3)Rowdy Roddy Piper
4)Dusty Rhodes
5)and now Mr Nice himself, Howard Marks....
yall will be fondly remembered.

and remember, ya gotta make hay while the sun is shinning....
get busy livin, or get busy dyin.
Old 06-13-2018, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwc225 View Post
and if he ever closed up shop, we all know just how many people would be searching EVERYWHERE for old MNS seed in peoples seed stashes.
Hahaha right on man..... Exactly....
Old 07-21-2018, 11:26 AM

OK. This is obviously aimed at me. Now, firstly, get your facts straight, I wasn't hateing, and I have no agenda. If you bothered looking at my join date, you would realise I have been a fan of shanties work for many years, including the ghs co years. Im not a troll. I was just making a point and not once did I say it wouldn't be dank. It will obviously be dank! I was merely pointing out that to get an unbiased tester it would of been better not mentioning the g-13 because that will cause bias. Regardless, I support shanties work and have grown his gear many times, his white widow in the ghs days was in my garden for years, as well as white rhino and great white shark. I also grew the lines from MNS when they first where available, finding absolute killer phenos, the medicine man was so strong most couldn't handle it! I will most likely grow the new g-13 indica Dom crosses for medicine if they become available. I said some things that I now take back and apologize to Scott. Anyway, I don't really care what you think or say, it means nothing. So with that being said. I'll let this go and forget about this thread. I wish shanties the best and hope the line meets his expectations. The name g-13 means nothing to me, if its dank its dank. Now I'll get back to growing and forget about the net. Take care all. Sensient
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwc225 View Post
to the haters and trolls: what is the problem here? seriously? you make yourself look like someone with an agenda trying to knock his stuff. if you don’t like it, grow and smoke something else and post elsewhere about it... but why take the time to tell everyone how disappointed you think they’re gonna be. and you think it isn’t going to be dank? that’s fucking funny, cuz all of Dukes outcrosses are the toast of the community right now(and i have tried all his lines; he gifted me packs of each strain, with samples included, at the emerald cup; & yes they’re ducking loud af and fire af)....
as for shanti cashing in on a name.... that’s funny too. shanti is a respectable breeder with integrity, and until recently(& even still to this day technically imho) was the successor to nevil, and nevills strains. so if he wants to put out his own g13 outcrosses using this new mom, i dare say he had the most right to do so other than Nevil and whomever actually bred g13.... and ya know, if he wanted to cash in, he could have inbred the g13sk and lied and said it was pure g13. plenty would have fallen for it. the fact that he hasn’t, and only worked with g13sk until now, shows his integrity. and why now you might ask? it’s incredibl simple, he wasn’t in the US until laws changed, and at that point he happened to come across what appeared to be the original clone. so wtf is so wrong with him using what he now has access to. i’m sure he would have done it years ago if he had been working with a g13 mother cut, but he didn’t. now he does, and it’s more than his right to release some new crosses with her, again more so than most of the breeders out there utilizing g13 in some form or fashion.
shanti is about the old school building block strains. would you prefer he release the new cookie widow? i mean fuck. that he is cashing in is the most asinine thing i’ve ever heard. and for all you know, maybe shanti has seen many inferior g13 hybrid samples, & wanted to give us a proper representation as he knows it. either way, shanti has had more opprutunities than most to cash in on things, and yet he leaves that to the shady folks within the industry. man it pisses me off when i hear so much trolling against shanti; he is a shining example of who you should try to be like in an industry like this. and if he ever closed up shop, we all know just how many people would be searching EVERYWHERE for old MNS seed in peoples seed stashes.

i have some pics i took at the cup or it, it was sealed in a vac bag with some other samples(i mean fuck what a sample right, i dunno if i’ll ever kill that bag completely) so it’s been compacted, but i’ll take shots of that too.
what struck me was the potency. it seemed much more potent in certain ways, almost as if poly poly hybrids have muddied and spread out effects a little more evenly, but the g13 is instant intense rush to the head and heaviness. i wanna make shatter with her so badly.
the pics are on my other phone i will post them up shortly, as well as a few samples of other MNS flowers.
.........................Terence McKenna..............................
Old 10-30-2018, 11:29 AM

the ohaze is still around on the west coast
Old 10-30-2018, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigiron View Post
the ohaze is still around on the west coast
What does ohaze have to do with G13?

Aloha
M