Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS Forums > 3. The daily news

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2011, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddley View Post
I am a bit beyond 'like' 'dislike'.
Beyond "like"?! Anything beyond "like" is just more fluff to confuse people with.

GMT - RE: existence etc., I hypothesised similarly with a friend last night.

See fishy, anything beyond "like" is unnecessary even though GMT and I quite likely disagree on the ultimate implications of "existence" there is no point waffling on, we're all just talking to ourselves anyway; or I'm just talking to me; however you look at it.

And for every single time I have written "beyond" in the post, including that time JUST THEN!! I have initially typed "beyong" and subsequently corrected the error.. "Beyong" types too much like "bong" for it to be a coincidence.

N.B. Any "like" is relevant, but not limited, to an individual interpretation of a thought process, either direct or implied. Nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited by picklez; 08-05-2011 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Just to clarify it to all of me.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:35 PM

oh no, you aren't an illusion fishy, youre a very real possibility.
Hey Alice, remember that hole you fell down, the second the hole was created, another universe was created, in which there was no hole to fall down. Once you were in range of the hole, another universe was created, in which you didn't fall down the hole. In this universe you did fall down the hole. In many more universes you fell down the hole and met different characters. All of these universes co-exist at the same time. This is the view of the majority of theoretical physicists, (including my hero in the wheel chair). It's the same as schrodinger's cat, it was alive in one universe and dead in another. Schrodinger needed to open the cat box to find out which universe he was in, until he opened the box, he, nor the cat, nor the universe knew which universe he was in.
A single photon of light leaving the source, doesn't travel in a straight line, but travels in every direction at once, like a ripple on a lake. It also disappears completely and gains a friendly photon to travel with making 2 photons. Its not until it interacts with another something, anything, that it decides on where it is, and only at that point does the universe decide on which route it took to get there. Under some circumstances it bumps into itself on the way and is affected by itself. This is the quantum world and its very real. No one on earth has ever understood it. It can't be reconciled with the world in which we live and understand in newtonian terms. The only way to reconcile and therefore create a grand unified theory of physics is to accept that newtonian physics is missing a deeper understanding. If you start to think of each photon, each electron, anything weighing less than 0.0000000000000000000000001g as experimenting with each path that it could possibly take, and only deciding upon where it is at a later point, then in each of its experiments until making that decision, (remembering that this takes literally no time at all, ie it travels through 3 dimensions in unlimited universes without travelling through the 4th dimension at all) it exists in a different universe, and in each universe the possibility exists for it to be in a different position. Now on a tiny scale, this is all that we, and everything we see around us, is made of. So at every given point in the 4th dimension, the contents of the 1st 3 dimensions are made up of tiny pieces of matter that don't know yet where they are or which universe they exist in. Or in essence, every reality is in a state of quantum flux. Which means that rather than each universe existing as a separate universe within the multiverse, we have a series of small things (and given that this happens instantaneously, and that a very small thing can interact with itself, its possible that this is all the work of a single tiny thing) playing around with different outcomes in an attempt to find a point in which it decides to occupy. (when i say decide, clearly i dont mean the work of a concious mind, but more like the way a roulette ball lands in a single number on the wheel). In fact thats very similar, while the wheel is spinning, each player around the table may be a winner or a loser at the same time. Therefore each player lives in 2 universes, one where they win, one where they lose. But neither is real until the ball stops. I'm not sure how much sense I'm making at this point. I guess perfect and none at the same time. Given that we are beings made up of lots of very small things, and given that they are doing this experiment, our existence could be nothing more than the possibility of our existence in one of these experiments. We have no way to tell the difference as since they (in this experiment have decided to make us) the possibility of our existence exists, and we behave as if we do in each of these experiments. Given that for us to exist, certain physical laws need to be followed, if these little things play with each and every possibility, then they will also play with the conditions necessary for us to exist. And in those circumstances we do. Every possibility exists somewhere within the parameters of infinity. Even ours.

hey picklez, well we know 1 thing for sure, there are at least 2 conciousnesses at work in the universe. Yours and the one you're interacting with. This is the brain in the vat theory that fishy alluded to earlier. But I'm not a big fan of that. Given that there are at least 2 of us, I think its more likely that we are of similar origin and make up than one of us is an evil genius fooling the other's brain that we are holding captive in a different reality. But I guess that reality must exist in one of the universes contained in the multiverse quantum flux that we call reality. I just hope its not this one.

Last edited by GMT; 08-05-2011 at 02:39 PM.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:28 AM
diddley

Hmmmm?
Is someone playing funny buggers with poor old diddles?

Last edited by diddley; 08-07-2011 at 05:50 AM.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:39 AM

The other problem with going beyond "liking" something is that you feel a level of involvement that requires continued discussion.

E.G. GMT you're making a large assumption to state that there are at least 2 consciousnesses. It's hard to disavow my own existance, but a lot harder to believe in yours.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:50 AM

In truth, I have no idea who I'm talking to, but fishy is what I refer to you as.

Fishy is an easy 2 syllables, whilst Diddley should be pronounced with 3 syllables and thus takes 50% more logical space to store in my engrish speaking brain.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:52 AM
diddley

Do I know you Picklez?
Old 08-07-2011, 05:54 AM

I hope not!
Old 08-07-2011, 05:54 AM
diddley

What's a sillybull?

Hey GMT...Picklez is screwing with fishy's mind
Old 08-07-2011, 05:57 AM
diddley

Okay then...

Do you know that I have been trying to post a response to you & GMT for an hour and someone/thing wont let me?
Old 08-07-2011, 06:04 AM
diddley

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklez View Post
The other problem with going beyond "liking" something is that you feel a level of involvement that requires continued discussion.

Okay Mr smartypants...what if I was to say that being beyond liking & disliking is just adopting a position of schizoid Nothingness?

E.G. GMT you're making a large assumption to state that there are at least 2 consciousnesses. It's hard to disavow my own existance, but a lot harder to believe in yours.

LMAO! So you're a fucker fucker as well Mr Picklez!
He has a bloody good point though GMT! Are you a genuine 'possibility' or are you a pretend possibility?

Or is Mr Picklez just trying to muscle in on fishy's act!?

Last edited by diddley; 08-07-2011 at 06:13 AM.