Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS Forums > 3. The daily news

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2011, 08:33 AM
diddley

Quote:
Originally Posted by hempy View Post
US debt: How did superpower reach brink of default?
Activist Post: US debt: How did superpower reach brink of default?

The fact that corporations manipulate Government and privet company's like the reserve bank run the financial world says a lot even i know that in the us constitution it says no worker should pay tax and no one but the Government can print money says a lot.

How many billions and billions of tax payers dollars went to privet bankers and yet you cant even get health care for the most part in the us if you cant pay for it something is very wrong with a democracy thats ment to serve the people yet only serves corporations and greed.
Exactly! Now that is a good post Hempy!
Old 07-31-2011, 07:10 AM

Secret of Oz -
Old 08-01-2011, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado View Post
I have been thinking that besides the turmoil a default would cause to our economy, that China might attack the US since we owe them so much and they have warned us against defaulting. It might be contradictory to them getting paid because if they start a war then they won't get paid back unless they can take over our country and make the money back by setting us straight on our economic policies. I know I might be totally wrong but alot of people are scared of China taking over the world or something like that. I hear alot of people joking around about it but maybe we shouldn't be laughing about it. I am sure there are some countries that are in good standing with China and might not be involved in such a war, so I will be considering moving to another country one day. I am sorry to say that I feel the US has dug such a huge financial hole that we might not ever recover and our lifestyle will change very drastically.
No matter what you hear, the US remains the worlds number 1 super power.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:28 PM
Brick Top

Quote:
I have been thinking that besides the turmoil a default would cause to our economy, that China might attack the US since we owe them so much and they have warned us against defaulting. It might be contradictory to them getting paid because if they start a war then they won't get paid back unless they can take over our country and make the money back by setting us straight on our economic policies. I know I might be totally wrong but alot of people are scared of China taking over the world or something like that. I hear alot of people joking around about it but maybe we shouldn't be laughing about it. I am sure there are some countries that are in good standing with China and might not be involved in such a war, so I will be considering moving to another country one day.

How do you believe China would, or could, attack the U.S., take it over and get the economy going too then recoup what the U.S. owes China?

China lacks a true blue water Navy, they would be incapable of fighting their way across the Pacific and landing troops on North America.

If China decided to just nuke the U.C. from coast to coast they would suffer an equally, or likely more, devastating nuclear response from the U.S.

There would be nothing left in the U.S. for any form of economy too be based on. China's military would be shattered, it's cities rubble and ash, things like the Three Gorges Dam in Central China would be destroyed cutting deeply into their ability to make electricity to use in rebuilding. It could take them decades to recover even if on paper they technically won, and only after being a good ways into recovery could they even begin to consider possibly coming across the Pacific too see if what would be left here had rebuilt to the point where it could then resist them or be worth actually occupying and using.

While greatly weakened China would run the risk of Russia feeling that the time would be ripe to get rid of it's one major risk factor along it's border and invade China.

Vietnam and China have fought a few times in the past and there is no love between them. Vietnam might decide the time has come to push it's Northern border farther North taking part of Southern China to some highly defensible position.

China has been in territorial disputes over a number of islands with Japan and a few other countries so those countries might decide that with China at the weakest it is likely ever too be that they would solidify their hold on the disputed territories and possible grab up more territory.

What in the long run it would cost China too attempt what you seem too believe possible would far exceed what the U.S. owes China, even if in the end China did end up occupying the U.S. mainland. The cost of rebuilding it's military, it's cities, all the nation's infrastructure, it's economy and then the cost of rebuilding the U.S. so there could again be an economy it could tap money from for repayment of what is now owed would not make such an attempt tempting, likely or feasible.

You also seem to assume that if China attacked the U.S. that the fight would remain strictly between China and the U.S., that no other nation or nations would become involved, or at least not on the side of the U.S.

Consider this from the NATO Treaty.

"Article 5

The Parties agree that an armed attack against one or more of them in Europe or North America shall be considered an attack against them all and consequently they agree that, if such an armed attack occurs, each of them, in exercise of the right of individual or collective self-defense recognized by Article 51 of the Charter of the United Nations, will assist the Party or Parties so attacked by taking forthwith, individually and in concert with the other Parties, such action as it deems necessary, including the use of armed force, to restore and maintain the security of the North Atlantic area."

Unless all the other NATO Nations decided that an attack on the U.S. made by China would be the time to pull the plug on the NATO Treaty, China would not find itself only fighting against the U.S.

If China ever destroys the U.S. it will be done through economic means and not militarily. For China to attempt too use military means to solve an economic problem with the U.S. would be like a person cutting off their own head to cure a headache.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:25 AM

Default Debt and China

I think I have changed my mind. Maybe I have seen too many Illuminati videos on Youtube. Yes I realize how dumb it would be for China to try to attack us to get money back, it is just something that I have heard people talk about because some people think China is becoming very powerful. I am more of the conspiracy theorist type that believes our world is mostly controlled by a global banker illuminati type group and they allowed the US economy to become the way it has because they are using it to their advantage somehow in the short term. They aren't worried about the long term because they have no plans on ever paying back all the debt. I think these bankers are more focused on controlling the planet with wars and are planning on a one world government which will just absorb the debts into a world debt which doesn't need to be paid back. If they can trick a whole country into thinking that 2 planes can knock down 2 buildings in the exact same way that a planned demolition would within a few minutes, then they can manipulate enough people to do whatever they want.

Go ahead and make fun of my paranoid conspriacy theories. It's not a conspiracy, it's just a coincidence that there are a million flaws in the story of 9-11.

Last edited by Colorado; 08-03-2011 at 08:32 AM. Reason: Not done yet.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:45 PM

I seriously doubt there's any conspiracy to create a world government and absorb debt. If you look at the state of the world there just doesn't appear to be much intelligent forethought regarding our future or the future of the eco systems that sustain us, just a system based on greed facing it's inevitable destruction. Nothin' lasts forever. If these shadowy guys had all this power that some people give em credit for, then they could just as easily convince people that a world government was our only salvation or that the population needed to be decreased, blah, blah, both of which I agree with btw.
Having said the above, I do however love a good conspiracy theory and I'm surprised Building 7 doesn't get more discussion. It fell just like the other two but didn't get hit. Makes you wonder. If it is true that it was an inside job, then pack your bags and get out, because the game's well and truly lost
Old 08-03-2011, 01:28 PM
coop

China has a lot more problems then we do in the us.

Aging population, not enough young to work and repopulate.
That one child and throwing babies into the river will start paying dividends in the next five years.

Its all a house of cards built on nothing, we went off the gold standard years ago so money is only as good as the belief that its worth something, or as printed IN GOD WE TRUST.
As long as the infrastructure of society stays up, all these fake money and wealth accumulated on paper means absolutely nothing. The powers that be can't just hit the reset button, but what else do you do at this point? Admit that its fucked up and start a new system.

Last edited by coop; 08-03-2011 at 01:31 PM.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:26 PM

Talking

Oh well in these trying times I recommend investing Green Gold, Because no matter how bad it gets people always want to get off there nut!
Old 08-03-2011, 03:54 PM
diddley

Quote:
I think I have changed my mind. Maybe I have seen too many Illuminati videos on Youtube. Yes I realize how dumb it would be for China to try to attack us to get money back, it is just something that I have heard people talk about because some people think China is becoming very powerful. I am more of the conspiracy theorist type that believes our world is mostly controlled by a global banker illuminati type group and they allowed the US economy to become the way it has because they are using it to their advantage somehow in the short term. They aren't worried about the long term because they have no plans on ever paying back all the debt. I think these bankers are more focused on controlling the planet with wars and are planning on a one world government which will just absorb the debts into a world debt which doesn't need to be paid back. If they can trick a whole country into thinking that 2 planes can knock down 2 buildings in the exact same way that a planned demolition would within a few minutes, then they can manipulate enough people to do whatever they want.

Go ahead and make fun of my paranoid conspriacy theories. It's not a conspiracy, it's just a coincidence that there are a million flaws in the story of 9-11.
We all need something to fear Colorado. Whether it be an alien invasion or evil bankers we all need to project our fear, paranoia & anxiety on to something outside of us in order to dissipate it. What you will fear will depend on your beliefs and worldview, the news of the day, and so on. I would not make fun of your fear of China because we all do what you are doing in one way or another. Racism & bigotry, for example, is mostly people dissipating their fear by projecting it on to others. I actually move my fear around. For a while I will fear the cops busing me, then it will be the World's seeming dependency on China's cheap goods, sometimes I just plain fear going broke! Here's a trick for you to try. Instead of fearing China think of something else that you fear. Chances are that once you have forgotten that you are deliberately fearing something else you will suddenly realise that you do actually fear the second thing more. I learnt to do this with physical pain as well. I used to stop my bad back aching by thinking to myself that it is actually my bad leg that is aching, and sure enough, as soon as I forget that I was thinking it was my leg that is aching, my back stops aching and my leg hurts to buggery for the next...whatever. Moving your pain or fear is easy...stopping it from occurring in the first place is the hard business Colorado. I'm not laughing at you for being "human" one iota mate.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddley View Post
We all need something to fear Colorado.
Fear is just weakness leaving the body