Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS Forums > 3. The daily news

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2011, 07:32 AM

Default Spiritplant's Radio

Turn on, tune in, to Spiritplant's Radio. Fantastico music, psychedelic stories, science fiction, blah, blah. Good stuff. Cool bananas archive too.

Spiritplants Radio | Main Page
Old 02-17-2011, 11:17 AM

Cool Thanks!

Hi Harry and MNSers,

This is Raymond, the station manager of SpiritPlants Radio. I wanted to thank you for you for your kind post, and to say a little bit more about the station.

SpiritPlants Radio is an online 24/7 psychedelic radio station that has been on the air since 2003. As Harry said, we feature many kinds of musical programming, including rock, electronica, jazz, and classical. We also air news programs, comedians, and lectures by such great thinkers as Terence McKenna, Alan Watts, Timothy Leary, and Robert Anton Wilson.

Much of our programming is created by a staff of DJs, and we are always looking out for people, experienced or not, who would like to try their hand at hosting a show. The mission of SpiritPlants Radio is to promote freedom of expression, freedom to experiment, and to encourage individuals who are still finding their unique voices to expand their ambitions. Everyone has something to say, whether by playing a song they like, or speaking something into a microphone. This is the psychedelic idealism we promote.

You can also email me at spiritplantsradio@gmail.com, if you want to know more about being a DJ. It's really easy

Peace,
Raymond
Old 02-17-2011, 02:30 PM
Administrator

Thumbs up

hello raymond

interesting indeed - thx for popping in !

all the best,
admini

PS: we have a community-dj that runs butta radio here

Go placidly amid the noise and the haste,
and remember what peace there may be in silence.

The Desiderata - Max Ehrmann in the 1920s

Basic community rules for the Mr Nice Seedbank forum

Old 02-17-2011, 03:01 PM

Talking

Oh i see, Butta Radio is a kind of sticky'd thread where people post links to music and videos, neat idea! i like it

Would you or anyone else object to me using this thread to post SpiritPlants Radio's weekend schedule of new shows? we do about three a month. If not, it's cool. But I think we're very much on the same vibe either way

Peace,
Raymond
Old 02-17-2011, 03:22 PM

Thumbs up Go For It!

The more DJs the merrier, my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritplantsradio View Post
Oh i see, Butta Radio is a kind of sticky'd thread where people post links to music and videos, neat idea! i like it

Would you or anyone else object to me using this thread to post SpiritPlants Radio's weekend schedule of new shows? we do about three a month. If not, it's cool. But I think we're very much on the same vibe either way

Peace,
Raymond
Let's See What U Got!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantibaba
But to dispel incorrect information about MNS using different plants or better plants coming from more original seed is just false...It may be smart to remind most of you who do not know that since the beginning of plant work for MNS and other companies all mother and father plants were always controlled and put into production by myself as Nevil lives on the other side of the world and Howard does not do the plants.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:25 PM
Administrator

I guess it would be a great thing for the MNS community

- please let us know the details so we can tune in for the show!

Take care,
admini

Go placidly amid the noise and the haste,
and remember what peace there may be in silence.

The Desiderata - Max Ehrmann in the 1920s

Basic community rules for the Mr Nice Seedbank forum

Old 02-17-2011, 05:07 PM

Wink

hey--that is great--i love the idea of different like-minded online communities connecting---especially those of us with an interest in cannabis and other psychedelic allies. they got the guns but we got the numbers...

anyway, SpiritPlants Radio features about a dozen new shows every weekend, about half of them created by DJs...during the week we rerun these shows and also older previously broadcast programs.

the radio's web presence is Spiritplants Radio | Main Page - lots of good info there--plus, since it's OK, i'll post each new weekend schedule here, usually toward fridays...

and, again, being a DJ on this station is really easy...shows are made in advance so it's not like going on air live...

anyway, thanks for making me feel welcomed here - this site has a very generous vibe to it

peace,
raymond
Old 02-18-2011, 01:49 AM

Hi Ray, well met. I've spent a few enjoyable hours over at SpiritPlant and discovered many fine artists I'd never heard of. Re the schedule, I get the feeling most of the posters here are Aussies so maybe posting Eastern Standard Time would be helpful and we can make adjustments for Daylight Saving.

Last edited by Harry; 02-18-2011 at 01:52 AM.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:11 AM

Talking

hi harry--

here's a suggestion that might help: try The World Clock – Time Zones for time zones. that way wherever people are in the world, they should be able to calculate accordingly. i hope this helps you and anyone else with this concern

peace,
raymond
Old 02-18-2011, 05:03 PM

Talking This Weekend on SpiritPlants Radio (February 19-20, 2011)

Turn on . . . tune in! SpiritPlants Radio is on the air 24/7!

SpiritPlants Radio's website can be found at Spiritplants Radio | Main Page. On this site is the current weekend schedule & links to listen live, as well as links to the station's archives, blog, forum, chat, playlists, & song history. During the weekdays you are invited to enter the (M)ystery-(F)low . . .

This weekend features 4 DJs, including DeadtotheWorld, Orpheus Stain, Boolean, & Soulard. The full weekend (February 19-20)'s scheduled programming includes:

Featured SpiritPlants Radio DJs:
*** Within's Within: Scenes from the Psychedelic Revolution with DJ Soulard #371 | Show information: The ElectroLounge | Within's Within: Scenes from the Psychedelic Revolution
*** AlcheMinistry Labs with DJ Orpheus Stain #31 | Show information: PodOmatic | Podcast - Orpheus Stain's AlcheMinistry Labs
*** The Elastic Retreat with DJ DeadtotheWorld #27 | Show information: The Elastic Retreat | Facebook
*** Binary Choice with DJ Boolean #5 | Show information: Sideline

Featured Programs:
*** Psychedelic Lectures: Terence McKenna, "History Ends in Green" | Show information: Terence McKenna - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
*** Jazz Cafe: Jazz Junctions #6: "Oop Bop Sh'Bam!" | plus Dizzy Gillespie at Newport, 1957 | Show information: BBC - BBC Radio 2 Programmes - Jazz Junctions, Oop Bop Sh'Bam & Dizzy Gillespie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
*** Comedy Hour: Daniel Tosh, "Completely Serious" (2007) | Show information: Daniel Tosh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
*** Long Live Rock!: Phish, 14 December 1995, Binghampton, NY | Show information: Setlist for 1995-12-14 > Phish.net
*** News Hour: "World Week in Review" | Show information: http://www.scriptorpress.com/world_week_in_review.pdf
*** Storybook Time: "The Mystical Poetry of Rumi" | Show information: Rumi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
*** Classics Time: Igor Stravinsky, "Selected Chamber Music" | Show information: Igor Stravinsky - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This weekend's programming continues the 2011 SpiritPlants Radio weekend schedule of new shows and featured programs. Your feedback (spiritplantsradio@gmail.com) will be greatly appreciated in helping to improve our station! And check out Dose One: A SpiritPlants Radio Psychedelic Sampler (Dose One: A SpiritPlants Radio Psychedelic Sampler by spiritplantradio on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free)!

We are always looking for new DJs to join our station (email us).

Peace,
Raymond